Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Patch notes 3/27

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    The change to the Village schools arent good imo- this means that in the future more buildings will probably be changed and most likely not for the better, how after 2+ years of a building being out are you just going to change how it works? It was a terrible building back in the day and most people avoided it because of how bad it was and now those people are being punished for not being dumb enough to buy them back then.

World
    Zeus
    Why does BB make changes for change sake and not for player's sake?
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHead View Post
    The change to the Village schools arent good imo- this means that in the future more buildings will probably be changed and most likely not for the better, how after 2+ years of a building being out are you just going to change how it works? It was a terrible building back in the day and most people avoided it because of how bad it was and now those people are being punished for not being dumb enough to buy them back then.
    The change is actually better because it will reduce the need for you to produce so many bread and converting them to settlers in the provision house. And by comparison it can in theory replace an entire bread production to save you space with just 1 village house.

We complain about how we need more space on the island right? Because of all these production change. This build essentially does exactly what a lot of us needs.

They only thing I can say is that those who didn't get the building should be able to get the building again just to be fair. Since the change improved something and there was a limited timeframe to get acquire them.

So if anything you should be complaining about is not a building improvement change but rather how you can be compensated in terms of getting more of the building.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I didnt mean to say that this change was negative for the actual building itself, rather i said that- 'this means that in the future more buildings will probably be changed and most likely not for the better (knowing that the devs like to nerf or devalue things)' and that- "It was a terrible building back in the day and most people avoided it because of how bad it was and now those people are being punished for not being dumb enough to buy them back then."

So yes, i feel like if UBI is going to change the functions or ability to increase lvls of a building which before this update the building was extremely terrible, then they do need to make the max amount of this building available to the people who refused to buy it in the past. Should we just expect from now on that buildings that are not worth buying from the gem shop or during event times are going to be changed in the future and make them worth the cost?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    when in doubt...whip it out i.e. credit card

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I was going to buy gems today. Because of the proposed changes pertaining to RS and WPP I am not. Hopefully enough people have spoken up about that proposed change that BB will not implement it. I believe that if they do I'm done here, and will move on to a game where there are still meaningful rewards for high level players. Just my 2 cents.

World
    Zeus
    At this point. I sort of expect that older buildings become outdated and replaced by newer buildings.

Like a lot of MMOs, gears eventually get replaced or upgraded to a newer version. So long as the rate of that upgrade doesn't happen instantly. So that you can make use of whatever it for the time being.

Look at the "Residence" building for example. It's actually a terrible building and nobody should be upgrading it past 3. When "Nobles" are around the corner.
    Now we look at "Silos" being replaced by "Improved Silos".
    "Noobles"/WhiteCastle/WitchTowers are replaced by "Frozen Manors".

Village Schools being upgraded is a plus.

If in the future, when they "nerf" something- that means they down grade the actual building functionality. That would be very bad for sure.

Improving the game is okay.

Now if only they would improve the Magnificent Residence to make it worth the bean cost that would be a plus.

I expect them to come up with a Rare Barracks building later (like the Rare Provision House).

Technically, the Deer Stalkers have made Hunters a bit useless.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Do NOT limit the range support and weak potion. I say again 'Do NOT' limit the range support and weak potion. Hiss Spit and Shred. I am looking forward to the coop adventures

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    This is the first time UBI has ever changed a building without making a completely different building to take its place- all of those examples you gave do not pertain to this case of the village schools.
    I am not sure if this update is a good thing (long term speaking)- I feel like this is UBI's way to subliminally tell us to buy all the terrible buildings/content in gem shop and event shop because there is a CHANCE that that particular building will be changed.
    Now back to your point(s) of buildings being replaced by improved NEW versions- this could also be a bad thing (long term speaking)- If you buy gems, why buy buildings now when they will be replaced?- especially if you cannot get a refund on your item or pay the gem difference to get the newer version. In my honest opinion, this is a way to make people hesitant to buy particular buildings because they will just make NEW and improved ones, so you might as well wait. (i doubt they will improve or make a newer/better type building of the improved silo or the improved storehouse- therefore making these the only 2 buildings (excluding ecm and gem pit) that are safe to purchase without fearing a newer building will replace them).

Hunters production wise are better than deerstalkers- even though i replaced my hunters with deerstalkers because i do not like having to make/buy depos, but i wasted quite a bit more building space on my isle going with stalkers over hunters (which - island space is a big problem for most players), if the stalker had the same or better production as the hunter then yes, i would call the hunters useless.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    replacing a building is def better than updating/changing a building- if people decided not to buy the original building, they can still purchase the new/upgraded version of it, instead of completely missing out

Reply to Thread