Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clive's Cartography Challenge!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    A basic map to help guide settlers. A larger version can be viewed at photo bucket.

[IMG][/IMG]

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Can we use a picture from Google, because I can't view the whole map and I'd really like to use the whole map to do this.
    Also, if I can no, I will just post pictures by section!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Reasons:
    Mayors pond - It's a pond next to his mansion, thought it was a great name.

Stone mountain - I always get stone mines here so....suited it?

Mayors pinewood forest - A forest... of pine wood... next to the mayors mansion! - I'm so good.

Settlers pinewood keep - Well you can see all my residence's there, but there are just soooo much pine wood trees here it's like the settlers are just going to KEEP them there.

Great Northern Coal mines - Coal is always here, and that's the only thing that can be mined here. (I think).

Hardwood Forest - Bunch of hardwood trees that resemble a forest.

Untouchable Island(1) or Forgoten Island(2) - 1). You can't set foot on this island, not even with your fishing boat. 2). It's always there but no ne ever really pays attention to it.

Settlers like (1) or Lake Barrier (2) - 1). It's the only lake that the settlers have. 2). It's just in the way, blocking my settlers from getting to the iron hills faster.

The (Impassable) iron hills - Iron is the only thing that can be found here, and like hills they get bigger (from left to right). I added the impassable part because they're in the way, you can't pass them even if you tried.

Settlers River - the one and only river the the settlers love!

Golden Hills - These hills have THREE gold mines, I can't imagine a better name.

The Copper Pyramid - There are three of them and they look like pyramids... in a lumpy rock form that is.

Minerals Range - Well it's a mountain range where all kinds of mines can be found.

Valley of passing - When you're attacking sector 6, or attacking sector 9 from sector 6, this valley provides a great way to pass the enemy bandit camps.

Peninsula of earth and rock - It's a peninsula with a whole bunch of EARTH and ROCK on it, but you can't do anything with it!

A Peace of War - I tried to make it funny, instead of saying Piece I said Peace because if you destroy all the camps you have peace on your island, however peace equals WAR.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    • The journey through the Pacific was tiresome and at times treacherous. But one cannot cross half the world without picking up a thing or two. A week spent on the Easter Island shed light upon the origins of this seemingly inconspicuous rock.
    • Shortly after making landfall, a young sailor came running to the captain, claiming he had seen the face of Jesus in the quarry. Surprised, they all went to take a look, whence the captain decided it looked more like John Lennon.
    • Only old-timers remember the true story. Youngsters, in their ignorance, go so far as to call him Klaymen.
    • Ages ago a young monk named Jan Kok built this garden and disappeared under mysterious circumstances shortly afterwards. Some claim he crossed into another universe.
    • An old French hermit lived here a while ago. Gone senile, he believed his shack to be a cathedral, and sculpted grotesques to convert non-believers.

Recruit
    World
    Ares

The island of Metalsmith23, aptly named The Oceanic Forge, had very humble beginnings. A wealthy investor named Maddestmonster discovered the young lad (Metalsmith23) and immediately saw vast potential. He set out to give Metal and opportunity to strengthen his (Mad's) already established network of islands. They became unbreakable friends and the monster watched his investment grow beyond his preconceived standards. However, the Monster had an aristocratic dismissive passion for any type of fishery system. He roared at the sight of "Mary's Mariculture"...and came very near to disowning any sort of enterprise with Metal. Mary (Metal's betrothed) and Metal were able to find a middle ground with the Monster and a tolerable relationship was built in that regard concerning fish. Mary and Metal now own five very profitable fisheries. At the heart of Oceanic Forge and where the island breaths creative life is "Artisan Alley" for Metal is a artisan first an island governor second. No work comes close to Metal's craft in the surrounding lands beyond the Sleeper Cell network. Metalsmith23 is an avid adventurer and has sacked multiple enemy strongholds containing witches and pirates. The "Brood Nest" is a testament to his enduring system of continuous warfare for peace amongst the Sleeper Cell governors. It symbolizes Metal's honorable nature. He gave the witches and pirates a chance to reconcile themselves or they were put to the sword. They now live in peace on Oceanic Forge with the people of Metal albeit somewhat "contained" for their greater good. "Arrowhead Farm" is named for it's purpose on the island, straight and true. Wheat is the building block for the island's survival and Metal set up the structure to symbolize it's on target purpose. No other island outside the Sleeper Cell community can boast with "Coal Central Station" or come near it's unparalleled production. The great maw of the beast stands as a beacon to those that come visit Oceanic Forge. Finally one cant forget to try "Sleeper Cell Brew" or leave empty handed with a nice stock from it's stores. The heady aromas and fathomless depths of taste are incomprehensible. Trust me when I say, you will be a changed man/woman upon tasting any of the 12 now famous brews. Maddestmonster and Metalsmith23, amongst very valuable partners, can now be found in the vast network of islands that is Settlers. Be sure to stop by and you may get a glimpse of their honorable workings amongst their respective settler communities. Cheers!

World
    Zeus
    \

"The violets will fade, the brook will dry up, and life will pass away."

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    beautiful maam =D can i get a link?

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/...ps217705bd.png

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    This contest is now closed! Thank you to everyone for entering, I'm excited to read them all. Winners will be announced later this week.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Winners have been posted in the forums and all of the maps have been curated into an album on Facebook!
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Closed Thread