Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Achievements system

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    Hurry and buy gems to finance this new system. Does the term "Ponzi" mean anything to you?
    paging Mr. Merdoff

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I love achievements, so I don't exactly have a problem with this.

But I feel a little unsure why this is being thought of now (being possibly implemented for the testing server), I'd definitely like to see other things happen first, like more Rare Provision House "buffs" possibly resource stuff (maybe copper ore to iron ore).

And the island and General skill tree, I don't care if it's years away, I personally would like to know what that would entail. Would one of the island skills be quicker dropoff times for faster overall production and stuff. That's what I'd like to see, just a text of what's likely to happen in those situations.

But achievements? I don't have anything against it, but unless we could get lots of gems, or cool rewards for completing them, I'm not too thrilled about its inclusion at this moment in time.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Will this achievement system be similar to that of World of Warcraft?
    Do this, get points, show off and feel superior .. OR .. Will you actually be able to do things with achievement points?
    If so, what? Get a special building only avil to achievement shop? What if you no longer want the buildings, can you turn it back in for a refund of achievement points?

If it is just to show off to others, how much time you have to waste, I don't think it should be added to the game. I am sure I am not alone when I say, add something that actually adds something to the game other then bragging rights (or lack thereof).

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanGodCamper View Post
    Probably. Might be able to buy a few things. If your a good boy G_F_M... Lol.
    "being a good boy" is about as likely as Iraq having WMDs

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    What a bunch of crafty punks. Should've expected it, though, since BB's been looking for a way to extend the game. Hopefully they'll do it right.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinson001 View Post
    Will this achievement system be similar to that of World of Warcraft?
    Do this, get points, show off and feel superior .. OR .. Will you actually be able to do things with achievement points?
    If so, what? Get a special building only avil to achievement shop? What if you no longer want the buildings, can you turn it back in for a refund of achievement points?

If it is just to show off to others, how much time you have to waste, I don't think it should be added to the game. I am sure I am not alone when I say, add something that actually adds something to the game other then bragging rights (or lack thereof).
    Did star coins add anything worthwhile to the game? I would guess this will be for bragging rights, which will retain a few of the players on their way out. However, PVP was announced in a dev diary, as was demolition buffs. So basically, save those gems you just bought for the new improved watermill and the titanium ore pit...

Settlers has become a low priority franchise. This acheesement system was what they thought would stop the leaks in the ship. Every dev should start by playing the game. Then maybe they can figure out how to save it.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Umm, I'll pass. Instead of adding a silly feature like this, how about PvP that was promised two years ago. Or how about fixing the data base so I don't have guild members lose their accounts.

I have already started playing another game and so have many of the other players around here.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwisatz View Post
    Umm, I'll pass. Instead of adding a silly feature like this, how about PvP that was promised two years ago. Or how about fixing the data base so I don't have guild members lose their accounts.

I have already started playing another game and so have many of the other players around here.
    The problem is that BlueByte is well aware of the large amount of player loss they have been having. Either revenues from new players are balancing this out, or they are fine with slowly letting this game die. I am having trouble believing that they can remain so out of touch with what the players want with so much feedback that is sent their way.

World
    Zeus
    Believe brother, believe.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    And the band continued to play as the Titanic sank...

Reply to Thread