Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary: Easter Event 2014

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    one question are the total numbers on gen/explorers/limited buildings in addition to or counting what we already have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    so can we have 4 vets? (2 from shop, and 2 total from events)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diomes View Post
    i'm confused on the limits of these prizes too. can we get a little clarification on both G_F_M and Evil-J questions?
    Let's see if I can interpret what it says, now I can be wrong but this is my interpretation.

Experienced Explorer- You can get another one this year regardless of how many you got in the past.

Veteran- If I read this correctly, all previous Easter events, only allowed you to have 1 veteran purchase, this time however it increased the number to 2. Since it doesn't say anything similar to the Experienced Explorer, I presume to believe that if you already have 2 veterans from the Easter Events you cannot get another one.

Floating Residence- Last year at least you could've gotten 5, this year it increased to 8. Since again the Experienced Explorer is the only one specifically saying anything about having a new one this year, if you already got 8 residences in the past you cannot get another one.

Watermill- Likewise with the water mills, if you got 10 water mills from the Easter event already, this won't affect you. The veteran, Residence, and Watermills, was just increasing the allotted number of available "units" for sale, so people who have never been to an Easter Event, will be able to purchase 2 Veterans, 3 Explorers, 8 Floating Residences, and 10 Watermills, if they have the number of eggs to purchase these items.

Now another question was brought up: What about items you already have that may not be linked to the Easter Event. Such as the 2 normal Veterans you can purchase through gems.

If I'm right, which I may not be, then I assume that the items you get in the Easter event or specifically coded for Easter, meaning that you should be able to get 2 veterans from the Easter event and 2 veterans with gems. The testing server seems to confirm this theory since I have 3 Veterans in my Star Menu.

The only thing that I cannot be sure on, is if you received an Easter Floating Residence or an Easter Water Mill through a trade and have it on your island.

This is what I am interpreting of what's being said, I could be very well wrong.

Edit: It doesn't seem you can trade floating residences, so just Water Mills then.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Let's see if I can interpret what it says, now I can be wrong but this is my interpretation.

Experienced Explorer- You can get another one this year regardless of how many you got in the past.

Veteran- If I read this correctly, all previous Easter events, only allowed you to have 1 veteran purchase, this time however it increased the number to 2. Since it doesn't say anything similar to the Experienced Explorer, I presume to believe that if you already have 2 veterans from the Easter Events you cannot get another one.

Floating Residence- Last year at least you could've gotten 5, this year it increased to 8. Since again the Experienced Explorer is the only one specifically saying anything about having a new one this year, if you already got 8 residences in the past you cannot get another one.

Watermill- Likewise with the water mills, if you got 10 water mills from the Easter event already, this won't affect you. The veteran, Residence, and Watermills, was just increasing the allotted number of available "units" for sale, so people who have never been to an Easter Event, will be able to purchase 2 Veterans, 3 Explorers, 8 Floating Residences, and 10 Watermills, if they have the number of eggs to purchase these items.

Now another question was brought up: What about items you already have that may not be linked to the Easter Event. Such as the 2 normal Veterans you can purchase through gems.

If I'm right, which I may not be, then I assume that the items you get in the Easter event or specifically coded for Easter, meaning that you should be able to get 2 veterans from the Easter event and 2 veterans with gems. The testing server seems to confirm this theory since I have 3 Veterans in my Star Menu.

The only thing that I cannot be sure on, is if you received an Easter Floating Residence or an Easter Water Mill through a trade and have it on your island.

This is what I am interpreting of what's being said, I could be very well wrong.

Edit: It doesn't seem you can trade floating residences, so just Water Mills then.

Please refrain yourself from interpreting, we asked BB to clarify, not you to tell us what you think. You could be wrong and as a result, your post could just lead to more confusion, and no one wants that, do they? We all could have come to the same conclusion you did or several others just as easily, so bugger off and let us wait for BB, because we don't care what you think it says, we only care about what BB wants it to say.

Have a lovely day.

-Panda

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    yay looks fun, can we start sooner?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    The Christmas event was awesome. I got everything that was on offer, and it really kicked my economy into gear. This one looks tough, though. I'm not entirely clear about the limits, but it looks like the total is in the neighborhood of 10,000, which is way more than the presents I spent. Good thing I have a nice stockpile of gold.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    The following purchases are available in the current test server environment:

Veteran Generals: You can buy one (1) general this year. If you have been in previous events of this type, you can have up to a total of two of the event generals. This does not include the two you can purchase in the normal black market section of the gem merchant.

Experienced Explorers: You can buy one (1) explorer this year. If you have been in previous events of this type, you can have up to a total of three of them.

Watermills: You can five (5) watermills this year. If you have been in previous events of this type, you can have up to a total of ten of them.

I am not going to post definite numbers on the floating residences, as I have a mix on both the test server and main environment; and there have been other methods to gain these items besides the Easter event. It would appear you can buy three of them, as I currently have purchased both gem and Easter Floating Residences on test and have a total of 6.

World
    Zeus
    Thank you for the clarification, Aurboth. It sounds like regardless of what you have or dont have from previous years, you can purchase the limits of what's available this year.

1 mma gen + 1 vet gen + 1 exp + 5 watermills + 3 floaters = just over 6k eggs. datsalotta busy chickens.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    so what about the mma gen have they changed its characteristics from what was previously assumed such as the splash damage?

World
    Zeus

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyPandaTea View Post
    Please refrain yourself from interpreting, we asked BB to clarify, not you to tell us what you think. You could be wrong and as a result, your post could just lead to more confusion, and no one wants that, do they? We all could have come to the same conclusion you did or several others just as easily, so bugger off and let us wait for BB, because we don't care what you think it says, we only care about what BB wants it to say.

Have a lovely day.

-Panda
    I specifically said I could be wrong in the very first sentence. It is not my fault, if people continue reading my post and become confused.

I am allowed to interpret and give my thoughts on what's said on the first post. This has happened many times with different users.

Even asking a question or concern about something involves interpreting post.

If I'm not allowed to interpret the posts, then I fail to see why anyone is allowed for "clarification" for any confusion. Because asking questions is interpreting the posts and becoming confused.

I specifically said, based on the words in the first post, that's how I understood what was being said. I should be allowed to weigh in my thoughts or opinions about the situation.

If you became even more confused by my interpretation despite the fact I said I could be wrong in the first sentence, don't go complaining to me. I never claimed my interpretation was right or absolute.

Edit: Look I wasn't being rude and I was trying to be helpful, but you were rude. It's like asking BB, how much Endless Copper Mines cost, and then telling a regular user to shut up when they say they've looked in the merchant shop and it was 20,000 gems, simply because you were only asking BB.

Quote Originally Posted by CL_Aurboth View Post
    The following purchases are available in the current test server environment:

Veteran Generals: You can buy one (1) general this year. If you have been in previous events of this type, you can have up to a total of two of the event generals. This does not include the two you can purchase in the normal black market section of the gem merchant.

Experienced Explorers: You can buy one (1) explorer this year. If you have been in previous events of this type, you can have up to a total of three of them.

Watermills: You can five (5) watermills this year. If you have been in previous events of this type, you can have up to a total of ten of them.

I am not going to post definite numbers on the floating residences, as I have a mix on both the test server and main environment; and there have been other methods to gain these items besides the Easter event. It would appear you can buy three of them, as I currently have purchased both gem and Easter Floating Residences on test and have a total of 6.
    But then why does it only say for the Explorer that you can buy a NEW one, while the other items, just imply they've increased the allotment of available units. That's bad wording if you ask me. Especially since the Explorer even said previously you could only get 2, but this time you can get an additional 1 making it so people who have never had one would get 3.

Edit: Could you only get one veteran in the previous Easter Events, etc, etc, etc, and since the allotment was increased you can get an additional Veteran, is that why I seem to be wrong? (include that with the other limited items)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    To whom it may concern:

On test, your Gems for Egg prices were counter-intuitive. The 895 Gem egg package made no sense.

The standard egg package:
    295 Gems = 100 eggs

If we buy 3 of those:
    885 Gems = 300 eggs

Compare to your larger purchase:
    895 Gems = 300 eggs

There are no rational reasons to buy the 895 gem egg package. We will advise our guild members as such if those are the values when the event goes live.

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but it's a bit silly that your pricing promotes people buying and using fewer gems.