Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New LZ changes are STUPID

Noble
    World
    Zeus

New LZ changes are STUPID

C'mon, really. I have to deploy in the LZ sector now.

Please fix so I can deploy into my captured sectors again. Island of the Pirates is almost unplayable.

STUPID!!

C'mon guys, stop messing up the game. Stop trying to outsmart us and start catering to your players for once.

Y'er developers are acting like a bunch of childish, vindictive jerks.

World
    Zeus
    I also agree with this.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    I do like where the taggers land on IOTP!!

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    I do like where the taggers land on IOTP!!
    lmao

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    what happened to iotp landing spots?

World
    Zeus
    Try it and see!

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post

Please fix so I can deploy into my captured sectors again. Island of the Pirates is almost unplayable.

STUPID!!

C'mon guys, stop messing up the game. Stop trying to outsmart us and start catering to your players for once.

lol too funny.
    Still around from time to time.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post

STUPID!!

Agreed. Sometimes it seems like they are trying to chase the veteran players away. Pull your heads out!

Come Join Us In [RISE]!!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    All you can do as an intelligent person, is to try and not to add to the sum of human misery.

Robyn Hitchcock

World
    Zeus
    I am thinking of getting into the starting gate. They are doing their best to start the exit parade of seniors.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    This is not an official communication from anyone.

Essentially, what seems to be happening is that the developers have a vision for what they would like to see. One of those things was to have people working together to complete adventures. The number of troop required was raised to encourage people to share losses; this failed to take into account that higher level players have more access than ever to larger populations. This left the players with adventures where one person takes tremendous losses for a comparably laughable amount of loot, while others get an equal reward for essentially nothing in terms of the adventure.

The next step was to require cooperation from players and prevent them from doing more than their share of the adventure. In order to do this, players had to be geographically separated from other sections, to prevent the same thing from happening with co-op adventures as typically happens in the traditional multi-player adventures. This required a change in the way that generals arrive at the adventure islands for all of the adventures, as the basic coding for the adventures did not change. Unfortunately, it is likely that allowing generals to land outside the predetermined spots would allow players to place their camps in open locations in other branches of the island, which would defeat the purpose of separate zones. It is actually an intelligent solution to control this with an otherwise limited amount of overall control.

However, the conflict between the intent of the developers and the playing style of players is evident. Rather than correct the basic error that was made in allocating rewards that has lead to the general style of play that was not envisioned by the developers, they are adding additional content with specific rewards to force players to conform to their conception of the adventures. Unfortunately, because the system does not appear to be originally designed to in this manner, the adjustments needed tend to propagate in other ways that could not be seen except by playing the game.

Reply to Thread