Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loot Spot Sale Ettiquette or 'how not to get a migraine'

Soldier
    a hobbit tunnel in the ground under a big tree in help chat
    World
    Zeus

Loot Spot Sale Ettiquette or 'how not to get a migraine'

This guide is just to establish a safe normal way to conduct loot spot (LS)
    management without people getting so angry they want to launch nukes.

To save typing the owner is known as King and the loot spot owner is known as
    'Spotty'.

This seems simple but its asked a lot by Spotty's, how long do I have to make my
    tag? (kill of one or more insignificant warriors just to qualify for loot loot)

This should be settled before the invitation is accepted. I originally said
    before money changes hands but Geboren convinced me otherwise. If you are just
    trading LS with your guildies there is plenty of time, but apparently when buying
    them, you dont have time to check terms before the spot is sold. So we came to
    agreement.. if you have to give them the money fast you do. But check the
    terms before ACCEPTING the invitation because thats all sorts of problems to
    undo. If you don't come to agreement on terms before that, they can just refund
    your money and try to sell again. You don't either want to send an invitation
    if you are on that side, unless you are sure it will be accepted. If they don't
    cancel you'll be waiting 8 hours and its been known to plug up the works and not
    time out when its supposed to.

Now the key to almost everything is simply communication. The adventure king might
    be in a hurry, or might be going to bed and wants to mop up in the morning. FF is
    a fast general ready to go, 15 minutes to get there and then kill.

Spotty gets his kill at the end normally so that they dont have a chance to kill
    more then you allowed. Yes, its happened if you let them in early spotty
    can take over the adventure running wild and there is nothing you can do. As I
    said to avoid this Spotty is usually brought in when there is one insignificant
    camp left, and the last leader.

There are also a lot of questions in help about a Spotty who suddenly had to go afk
    and abandons the owner. This leaves King unable to bring in a new Spotty. Only
    Spotty can cancel himself, so King has a big problem.

Again, this is a communication problem. Before sending invite it should be settled
    as I noted above how long Spotty has to make his kill. Then if something happens,
    the owner knows when to finish without you, without hard feelings. If the time was
    set at 30 minutes and something happens.. well thats RL. Example we had, woman
    was Spotty, had to taken kid to hospital. Was gone all night. Couldnt make her spot
    and the King finished. She wanted a refund. While this is all very sad, get a
    grip and chill. Its not like her water and power are being cut off. She missed her
    date, its not the responsibility of the King to wait.. what days?. If you miss your
    time limit, the King is then absolved of Spotty running around screaming they've
    been scammed. I like an hour, even on a FF because it allows for nearly all
    unforseen things, like making a new pot of coffee or chasing the cat down. Preferably
    a FF is little more then 15 minutes, but simply mentioning a limit makes it a differnt
    matter.

If the King screws up and mishandles the adventure, usually its resolved by the
    negotiation of part or all of the ls. What would this be? King kills before Spotty
    could possible tag. King goes afk and adventure times out. These are usually handled
    by return of the ls price. As well, if Spotty can finish the adventure, they could
    do so after an angreed upong time is made.

Usually Spotty's general dies but in some cases he does not. You can then bring the general
    home without hurting the adventure. Just do not cancel.

Someone also has to set up how to notify the king that spotty got his tag and the king can go.
    It doesnt matter except that you agree to it. We recently had one where the last leader was
    killed when spotty was still fighting. So his targets were auto killed. King got the credit
    for the kills of the ones Spotty was fighting, Spotty got no tab, and no digs.

Again, nearly every problem that we get is a matter of poor communiation. Before you start,
    you just need to know, how long do I have to get there, what men do you want me to bring,
    how long do i have to finish my tag, what camp do i attack, how long do YOU have to finish the
    adventure, and how do we communicate the tag is finished and King can make the last kill.

In example, I was Spotty the other day and King had squeezed me down to 3 troops instead of
    5 to get the most experience. But I agreed (so I cant blame him later) and when I attacked
    the camp I failed to get my kill. Since I agreed to 3 men only, I deemed it my fault and
    offered him to finish out. It turns out he was about to go to bed and let me bring over
    more men and make the tag while he was afk. In the morning, he'd killed the leader and by
    the time I logged in the adventure was done. Next time I might negotiate taking across
    more then 3 men. But the point is, communication communication, communication.

example, im selling a LS, '150 gc for FF on sftr, one bhg with 5 recruits, 1 hour to finish
    at most, hit left tower, tell me when you made your kill'. That covers everything I talked
    about in one sentance.

forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/20109-Loot-Spot-Sale-Ettiquette-or-how-not-to-get-a-migraine?p=235776#post235776
    Last edited by Verdaeni; 04-16-14 at 11:14 pm. Reason: caught an error

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Excellent post, as always, Verdi! Great suggestions. Hope it helps!!

Come Join Us In [RISE]!!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    All you can do as an intelligent person, is to try and not to add to the sum of human misery.

Robyn Hitchcock

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Cant believe I ended up helping on this, and agreeing with it after shooting it down in Help tab! I hope this helps many LS buyers and sellers out!

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    you forgot to tell spotty not to click the BLUE QUEST COMPLETE ARROW cause king might want to load his troops up

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    you forgot to tell spotty not to click the BLUE QUEST COMPLETE ARROW cause king might want to load his troops up
    Totally agree with this! LS buyers need to have the understanding that they shouldn't be doing anything besides making their kills unless they are asked by the "king" to do so.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    can spotty complete the quest? i didnt even know that. i'll have to add that in. thanks

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Geboren View Post
    Cant believe I ended up helping on this, and agreeing with it after shooting it down in Help tab! I hope this helps many LS buyers and sellers out!
    yeah you said i could never do one that would cover all the possibilities. but i think you were thinking i was doing something more complex then i intended.

World
    Zeus
    awesome Verdaeni, you rock, as always

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    With the help of Geboran we tried every way that Looty might be able to end the adventure and there is not. He can send his army home with no prolbem and trying to cancel the adventure gives a clear warning that the invited party is not allowed to cancel.

V

World
    Zeus
    did you try it *after all the camps are killed? tagger can't cancel the adv, but i believe he can send everyone home (complete) after it's done, but before everyone has a chance to reload their troops onto their gens. i know ive seen that pop up before, as a tagger. unless they changed it recently.
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Reply to Thread