Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback - World Championship Event

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Event Calender - Grand prize - Improved Storehouse
    I hope your joking, this doesn't motivate me to log in 30 days at all. I would just sell that building because I have no where on my island to make it useful. Now I will still log in 30 days in a row just to make sure I get the other prizes. I hope they will make up for the Improved Storehouse.

Event Adventures - Something that doesn't cost military units. Eh I can live with this but calling soccer "football" I feel offended because I'm an American but I understand since this is a European game for the most part.

Lucky Explorer - 3x as fast... wonderful another way to screw up the syncronization of my system. It's fine bring another explorer into the mess but couldn't it be x2 as fast? Otherwise I love this idea. Nice to see something useful coming out.

Upgradable Buildings - Stone Mason/Marble Mason/Farm to lvl 6
    Stone Mason - Why would I do this? My lvl 5 is fine and I only need 1.
    Marble Mason - Um... only way I'll do this if the deposit becomes larger overall on finding those marble deposits, lvl 5 is keeping up just fine.
    Farm - Um... yea I have 60+ farms... Not going even bother trying to get all of them to lvl 6 espiecally if it's a new resource that is rare to aquire except for events/gems. Not motivating me to upgrade to lvl 6 until I see silos are on that list.

Overall thought:

I'm excited about the adventures and see how they work & the explorer. I know this isn't the final release and hope there will be better changes before it is released.
    I am [IW] Ezequel Sarkar

I am currently in Immortal Warriors.
    I currently ranked Unsullied.

Playing since October 2011 in Zeus Server.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    evil_j had a good point - this might be only the 3 MODELS they showed, but most buildings will have a level 6.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

World
    Zeus
    Im excited

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    evil_j had a good point - this might be only the 3 MODELS they showed, but most buildings will have a level 6.
    Well, it does say that these are the "first" three buildings. Hopefully more and better ones to come. Still, it's a disappointing opener.

I'm hoping that they have new flowerbed flags. It would be cool to get some more from around the world. I predict Iran will be the top seller!

Come Join Us In [RISE]!!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    All you can do as an intelligent person, is to try and not to add to the sum of human misery.

Robyn Hitchcock

World
    Zeus
    I like the level 6 idea but not adding the silo to the list of buildings that get to go to level 6 along with the farms is pointless as I would never level a farm let alone all my farms to 6 before I can do my silos.
    If at first you don't succeed blame someone else!

Soldier
    a hobbit tunnel in the ground under a big tree in help chat
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I like the level 6 idea but not adding the silo to the list of buildings that get to go to level 6 along with the farms is pointless as I would never level a farm let alone all my farms to 6 before I can do my silos.
    even a few silos is better then no silos. i only recently got my silos = farms.. even though some of the farms are four. its easy to do the balance with silos. you just add one every payday until you no longer have to add fields. same thing switching to upgraded silos. you buy one, take out three normal silos. put the improved silo down and sell the other two silos in TO. moving farms is also now possible, we dont have to destroy them like the old days to move them. that makes room for the pirate buildings i keep getting from the magic box. as well, building up buildings, say i have five level three farms. i could make that three level five farms, open up two spaces and two building licenses. i now have 30 some building licenses i dont need by upgrading. too bad i cant sell them or at least give them away.

World
    Zeus
    31 days for Improved Warehouse? Thumbs down from me.

Considering the Improved warehouse is trade-able it doesn't feel very special or that rewarding. You can just buy that from Trade Office.

Maybe something that is more Limited and NOT trade-able should be given instead. A 'second lucky explorer' might be more interesting. Or another gold tower wouldn't be so bad.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Glad you guys never disappoint me with all your whining, thank you again!

Though, there have been 2 slack offs so far, one being the freebies sometime last or 2 weeks ago, and the recent 150 eggs...still had no QQ thread about that, so please someone/anyone, open a thread for that and give me what I want to read.

Doesn't even matter if you guys get the same stuff as last time, can't use building lisences because no space, but there is the...oh wait Friary is out of the question too because no space, but there would've been less QQ for that. But this time the saving grace would've been the natiol decoration flags I guess, because nobody is crying the F about Rabbids/Xmas trees/Pavillions for being useless. I'd assume someone wants to tell me they are smaller and would fit somewhere that doesn't block a real building space for a real building...but guess what. Nobody. Cares.

Get spoiled once with a goldtower and think you'll get something like that everytime, spoilt is what you become.

...how about getting off your horse and just taking a freebie ffs? If you don't want the stupid Imp.Warehouse then give it away to someone who would _love_ to have one...just..maybe? All I will see is it getting sold for as much coin/whatever possible because you got something you don't care about, but need to gouge the hell out of someone else for regardless. Hypocrites.

At lastly...feeling offended by calling footballs by their actual name and not the next stupid thing your Pseudo Freedom Country could come up with, bravo! Last I checked football (I mean soccer) was played long before football (I mean the american one). Not to mention that football (the american one again) is mostly played with your hands and running around, which, by common sense definition, isn't the smartest choice to name a sport after. Which brings us to the point to just renaming the thing properly! Here a few examples:
    - Football that has almost nothing to do with a ball and your feet
    - Sport that gets played like nowhere else besides the US (yea yea there are a few countries, still doesn't make it viable, never heard anyone play it in germany in 20 years besides googling it 10 minutes ago)
    - Rugby 2.0
    - Rabbit run
    - Oceanball (so you westsiders don't cry about Atlanticball and you eastsiders don't cry about Pacificball), then again, nothing to do with water either! :O
    - (also rename Pineapples, that stuff doesn't make sense either)

Then again, just about anything that doesn't refer to an already well known sport would do...losing the "american" in that football wouldn't be a terrible start either, not only doesn't stuff revolve around america, but no country wants to become world chamption of "American Football" (yes, I'm making a case by an american being offended by footballs instead of soccerballs because he _is_ american[no less of course]), which probably can be disregarded because who else but USA could be world champion yada yada blabla.
    While I'm not really a sports enthusiast (at least not watching sports), I at least tried to give it a go. After some 10minutes watching,I felt like being made fun of worse than it the lamest football (soccer this time) game ever. And no, I've got no clue which teams were playing for anyone to could say it was a bad/good game.

Now that I'm done venting and making fun of this crap...
    Realize this is a MMO.
    The thing about MMOs is, that once bought (which you didn't even had to pay for!) they are most always still expanding and receiving updates regularly (sure it might not be the fastest, but it's happening and you didn't have to pitch in a single coin for that either; albeit someone else may have) and things therefore change or may change. As Veteran you will cry about having to change things accordingly, a Noob is jealous because you can do so "on the fly". Simple up- and downside from playing a long time already versus just starting out, but takes too much brain capacity to understand simple stuff like that.
    If it were a normal game, you'd likely need to pay for add-ons or DLCs, which probably wouldn't deliver much more than what you already had. Or just go back to playing Call of Duty and so forth, because FPS are so entertaining with their variety of gameplay. Wish I could somewhere find the button sequence for Counter Strike..

Only thing I'm really looking forward (mainly because of the whining that will ensue) are the General and Home Island skilltrees. For I am one who has stopped upgrading buildings and moving things around until then and gimping myself so I won't have to deal with the potential cluster madness that may come from it.

And now, make alot of angry comments so I can get entertained when I'll get back. Please.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Glad you guys never disappoint me with all your whining, thank you again!

Though, there have been 2 slack offs so far, one being the freebies sometime last or 2 weeks ago, and the recent 150 eggs...still had no QQ thread about that, so please someone/anyone, open a thread for that and give me what I want to read.

Doesn't even matter if you guys get the same stuff as last time, can't use building lisences because no space, but there is the...oh wait Friary is out of the question too because no space, but there would've been less QQ for that. But this time the saving grace would've been the natiol decoration flags I guess, because nobody is crying the F about Rabbids/Xmas trees/Pavillions for being useless. I'd assume someone wants to tell me they are smaller and would fit somewhere that doesn't block a real building space for a real building...but guess what. Nobody. Cares.

Get spoiled once with a goldtower and think you'll get something like that everytime, spoilt is what you become.

...how about getting off your horse and just taking a freebie ffs? If you don't want the stupid Imp.Warehouse then give it away to someone who would _love_ to have one...just..maybe? All I will see is it getting sold for as much coin/whatever possible because you got something you don't care about, but need to gouge the hell out of someone else for regardless. Hypocrites.

At lastly...feeling offended by calling footballs by their actual name and not the next stupid thing your Pseudo Freedom Country could come up with, bravo! Last I checked football (I mean soccer) was played long before football (I mean the american one). Not to mention that football (the american one again) is mostly played with your hands and running around, which, by common sense definition, isn't the smartest choice to name a sport after. Which brings us to the point to just renaming the thing properly! Here a few examples:
    - Football that has almost nothing to do with a ball and your feet
    - Sport that gets played like nowhere else besides the US (yea yea there are a few countries, still doesn't make it viable, never heard anyone play it in germany in 20 years besides googling it 10 minutes ago)
    - Rugby 2.0
    - Rabbit run
    - Oceanball (so you westsiders don't cry about Atlanticball and you eastsiders don't cry about Pacificball), then again, nothing to do with water either! :O
    - (also rename Pineapples, that stuff doesn't make sense either)

Then again, just about anything that doesn't refer to an already well known sport would do...losing the "american" in that football wouldn't be a terrible start either, not only doesn't stuff revolve around america, but no country wants to become world chamption of "American Football" (yes, I'm making a case by an american being offended by footballs instead of soccerballs because he _is_ american[no less of course]), which probably can be disregarded because who else but USA could be world champion yada yada blabla.
    While I'm not really a sports enthusiast (at least not watching sports), I at least tried to give it a go. After some 10minutes watching,I felt like being made fun of worse than it the lamest football (soccer this time) game ever. And no, I've got no clue which teams were playing for anyone to could say it was a bad/good game.

Now that I'm done venting and making fun of this crap...
    Realize this is a MMO.
    The thing about MMOs is, that once bought (which you didn't even had to pay for!) they are most always still expanding and receiving updates regularly (sure it might not be the fastest, but it's happening and you didn't have to pitch in a single coin for that either; albeit someone else may have) and things therefore change or may change. As Veteran you will cry about having to change things accordingly, a Noob is jealous because you can do so "on the fly". Simple up- and downside from playing a long time already versus just starting out, but takes too much brain capacity to understand simple stuff like that.
    If it were a normal game, you'd likely need to pay for add-ons or DLCs, which probably wouldn't deliver much more than what you already had. Or just go back to playing Call of Duty and so forth, because FPS are so entertaining with their variety of gameplay. Wish I could somewhere find the button sequence for Counter Strike..

Only thing I'm really looking forward (mainly because of the whining that will ensue) are the General and Home Island skilltrees. For I am one who has stopped upgrading buildings and moving things around until then and gimping myself so I won't have to deal with the potential cluster madness that may come from it.

And now, make alot of angry comments so I can get entertained when I'll get back. Please.
    Very few people on Ares understand the gameplay of the elder 50s of Zeus. If the item can be traded, they can easily obtain it. I bought 20 Imp silos the first day using coin and leveled them to 5 within 8 days of buying. A building that I can easily buy with a tiny bit of coin is not exciting for a month of logging in.

We want innovative new content - but also content that does not break existing production ratios unless it has a dam good reason (like the deerstalker or imp silo, though both had flaws).

The new explorer looks to be interesting (6.8h artifact search is interesting). Still - no innovative new building or anything really to be worth our time to log in every day (or spend gems if we miss a few days).

We have been promised Pvp for a couple of years now. What do we get? Another calendar with a trade able building.

you miss the point of this thread - its for FEEDBACK, not bowing and scraping their feet. its to tell them what we like and what we don't like - and maybe what they explained poorly. we are giving FEEDBACK - Improved warehouse (or any other tradeable building) is a poor reward for the calendar. If you want to write fiction on why every update is only good, go get in line behind Asiastrings.

As for american football v. soccer - you just choked upon some sarcasm that nearly every poster was using. If I was trying to troll a European about it, you would of just taken the bait, hook, line and sinker.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    well said Drac....

Anyways BB i still have a few thousand soccerballs, im sure there are quite a bit floating out there in Zeus, and 75k pumpkins in my storage, if you plan on making a good amount on sales on your gems for future events (more so from Halloween and on) then you will need to have a good event item worth buying from event shop that is unlimited. On the page with details for summer event the only event item i see there is the new scout (which is awesome)... so i am going to assume that the same items from the original summer event will be in shop- x5 friaries, Building licenses and unlimited stadium snacks. I dont need friaries so those will go to guildies, i have 100 unused BLs with a full island so the BL is worthless and rainbows > snacks..... besides the new scout i do not see anything a player like me would purchase, given from what i said and am guessing (which event items will be availible during summer event), do not expect a large amount of gem sales :/

-His Name Was TrueHead... aka GUN, now known as RobertPaulson

Reply to Thread