Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Community Moderators

World
    Ares
    I am the type of person who tries to think of solutions that could be brought to terms with current tools we are working with (Realist). I think it is a great suggestion to give to the developers but we cannot rely solely on that suggestion to be the solution to this problem since it does not exist yet and try to think of a different, reasonable, realistic, good fix to this problem that we can use right now. I would recommend putting your suggestion/request for a second global tab into the suggestions thread, i bet it is already in there though.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    great more justification of titles

Settler
    World
    Ares
    *sigh* No one said it was "hard" to get to get to alternate global now. Is it hard to get to the "help" tab? No but many many cant or won't do it.

Scientist is correct we still want to be able to see the regular global.

And yellow if your philosophy is always settle for what you have to work with then progress would never be made in this world. But more importantly it should be a priority because bottom line is players are leaving everyday and revenue dropping so pretty soon we wont have what we currently do. As much as some people want it to this issue is not going away.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    So another words we got the mod program because of all the complaints about global (not my words) now that we have it I guess there is no more reporting. But I know thats not true so then it appears that its only not ok for one of the regular chatters to complain since we know the regular lurkers still complain regularly. Now talk about harassment!

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    I agree with Pochucker. It would be hard to say that I didn't after putting it on my CL card. Having lurkers who wait for others to do things so they can be reported undermines the community and is harassment to everyone.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I don't see moderators do anything effective, ever. I've seen BB's and moderators beg people to stop chatting in trade channel. Followers ask, leaders command. Issue some 1-week chat bans publicly and all that trade-channel spam goes away today.

We players, who pay for it when you moderators and BB's are weak about rule enforcement, are on the losing end of this spam, every single day. Please do what your position requires, what the community empowered you to do in the first place.

World
    Zeus
    Again, conversation in the help and trade channel is permitted as long as it does not interfere with the primary purpose of the channel. With the activity commonly seen in the trade channel, conversation is unfortunately more apt to interfere. The threshold for when it is interfering is usually determined by the other players in the room, who request assistance when others don't return to trading with player requests. Typically, problems in the trade channel comes from players getting carried away with the conversations rather than a specific intent to disrupt the room, and really does not warrant being removed from chat unless the players involved continue the same behavior or escalate to something worse. As multiple players are typically involved in the conversations, a gentle general reminder to the channel typically brings things back into focus, rather than individual warnings or chat restrictions. This does not imply an unwillingness to take further action, if needed, just restraint in taking it unnecessarily.

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Just a reminder that although everyone is entitled to an opinion, this thread needs to be kept constructive and not destructive. Naming and shaming or discussing moderator actions will be removed. This is the final warning before this thread is closed.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    do it do it
    j/k

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    The players that request assistance usually complain if a single word is said, while saying nothing themselves.

Better to have the mod use their judgement then to rely on such players.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Reply to Thread