Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Moderators

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    There is nothing against the rules if someone is trolling...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm one of those crazy people who believe that we don't need mods anyway. We already have censors so we are just as good as any cable network if not better, and if we're worried about the young people; well, with the internet, they already have access to all the filth the world can throw at them. Sheltering people doesn't make them stronger, and how can anybody in a chat window of some internet game really have enough power over you to make you quit playing, or affect your self-esteem?
    I say bring it all and life will go on, but elect CM's and watch it die. This game mostly attracts adults anyway so I'm sure 99% of the time everything will be perfectly ok, and if you allow the 1% to bother you then that is only a reflection of your own weakness. This is a game, not some religious site, grow up and deal with it, cause real life is certainly worse than some pixels on a MMO game site.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pochucker View Post
    You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?
    you bet pilgram

Settler
    World
    Ares
    what list is someone yammering about?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Self moderate........./ignoreadd is the best way to moderate your chat if someone is being disruptive. No need for a Chat Mod.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Chat mods are definitely not what this game needs. There is no reason for it. There isn't much spamming any more on global. Use the CL's or hire a professional and stop trying to get your work done for free.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by brockb86 View Post
    I have been trained on how to moderate chat without overpowering the chat. I think the goal should be to deal with trolls and help teach them the proper way a community should function and act amongst each other without ever stopping an actual good conversation.
    yikes

Former Community Manager
    World
    Zeus

Lightbulb Mod_ Questions Answered

Hey Settlers,

Complaints have been heard. Questions have been raised. I do appreciate the respectful nature of this thread and as long as it stays respectful, we will continue answering as many questions as we can. Ultimately, all of the program details will unfold themselves in the coming weeks.

Our intention is not to create an over-moderated environment. The volunteer moderators will work closely with our GM staff to promote a more positive community. They will have a protocol to work from and there will be consequences for not following that protocol. Additionally, moderation will be done anonymously so we can separate the mods from any friendships or alliances.

This program is a direct response to the community requests for more moderation. We want to give you, the community, more ownership of your environment. The other regions have used volunteer moderators since the launch of the game. We have held off until now after taking lots of feedback into consideration.

Our community leaders should be helping with community building and projects and should not be responsible for chat topics gone awry. Having volunteer moderators will allow the CL’s to concentrate on more varied projects for the community, which we hope will become more evident in the near future.

Do not worry about Blue Byte staff picking moderators without knowing how they have contributed, or not, in the past. There are only a few slots open for moderators and the selection process a lengthy one. We have access to every chat message, in game mail, and forum post that has ever been made by players and will be reviewing these before making our final choices. We are looking for moderators which are unbiased, objective, and reasonable.

Yours Truly,
    Susu, SoSeriously, Sus, Me.
    ***Retired***

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support| Rules and Code of Conduct

CL_immaduck
    BB_Susurrously has been working very hard putting together the community Moderator program. She has put safeguards in place to assure that the new Mods are regulated. I think the idea is great. It will free up the BBs to do tickets and other things. As a CL I see the need for more support in game and I welcome that.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    oh...even better....we wont know who the mods are? Players that might deviate a little and get back inside the rules structure when told by a BB will now have no warning, simply a mail and a ban.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Reply to Thread