Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Moderators

Game Master
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    oh...even better....we wont know who the mods are? Players that might deviate a little and get back inside the rules structure when told by a BB will now have no warning, simply a mail and a ban.
    You will not just be anonymously banned or sanctioned. We are not just giving powers to random people, there is a long and vigorous process that we will constantly monitor to ensure all BB policies and procedures are being followed. As Susu explained should any of our moderators abuse or misuse their given abilities we will consequence them properly to ensure we are upholding a standard that has a beneficial impact the community.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Susurrously View Post
    moderation will be done anonymously so we can separate the mods from any friendships or alliances.
    So this means that 'we won't know' if they are being bias.. right?

This program is a direct response to the community requests for more moderation.
    Who?!?!.. Where?!?!

Having volunteer moderators will allow the CL’s to concentrate on more varied projects for the community
    It seems that most the CL's I see are kept in the dark about any new developments or projects for the community. I think an example of these 'projects' is in order.

We have access to every chat message, in game mail, and forum post that has ever been made by players and will be reviewing these before making our final choices. We are looking for moderators which are unbiased, objective, and reasonable.
    Wow, your going to read every chat, in game mail, and forum post? That does sound like a lengthy processes. No, but seriously Susurrously, this sound like a politician trying to convince the masses to agree with a policy that they don't need, don't want, and will never benefit from. Good luck, but I certainly hope that your choice of community mods has better discernment of rules with regards to their intended purpose than your staff.

World
    Zeus
    Just wanted to thank the BB's and CL's for their input on this thread. I am a concerned player but I do wish you all the best in choosing the right person for the job, if this is something that 'will' happen.
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    lol gotta love it

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

This program is a direct response to the community requests for more moderation. We want to give you, the community, more ownership of your environment. The other regions have used volunteer moderators since the launch of the game. We have held off until now after taking lots of feedback into consideration.
    Im not saying your lying here but I've never heard anyone in the community say, "Hey wouldn't it be great if we had more Moderators". I've heard people complain all the time about lag and pvp but never Moderators. I think global already moderates themselves pretty good. And like some one already said in here people can self moderate with ignore add.

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    We don't doubt your ability to self-moderate when necessary, but since chat moderation was removed the Support team has received an inordinate amount of chat moderation tickets. Although players may be enjoying the unmoderated Wild West that chat has become, it is clearly not working for some players. Our responsibility is to protect these players.

The intention was never to allow the chat to go unpoliced for any period of time, but due to various reasons that is exactly what happened. We understand that a majority of those that play TSO adhere to the chat rules, but due to the PEGI rating of the game and the widely-varying age ranges of players within the game, we must have chat moderation.

Please keep in mind that our intention here is not to place unreasonable standards on chat. We must adhere to PEGI7 standards and must moderate based on the idea that children ages 7 and older should be able to play the game without experiencing inappropriate content.

Players are still welcome to talk amongst themselves in other chat rooms or via whisper. As long as players using the standard chat rooms adhere to the policies outlined within the Code of Conduct, the moderators will not exert an over-extensive presence. However, they will be there to stop and curtail chat which breaks the Code of Conduct and ensure that all players, of all ages, can play and enjoy the game without encountering inappropriate chat or being subjected to harassment.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Retired Community Leader Spikescopilot's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Diomes View Post
    It seems that most the CL's I see are kept in the dark about any new developments or projects for the community. I think an example of these 'projects' is in order.
    I don't always have an inside track on game changes that are being made, but I am working behind the scenes right now to try to make the "official" guides more accurate and helpful, and eventually to make the forums more useful and better organized. That was the project that I pitched when I was interviewed as a CL, and Rawren has given me the green-light to start getting content and proposed changes together. I'm hoping to have something ready for you guys to see as far as guides in the next few weeks.

So ... that's an example of a CL "project".
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Spike's Co-pilot

There's magic in the wake of a fiasco!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren View Post
    players may be enjoying the unmoderated Wild West that chat has become
    lol... I guess I just had no idea how boring the Wild West was... XD
    sry... that's just too funny
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    lol gotta love it

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren View Post
    We don't doubt your ability to self-moderate when necessary, but since chat moderation was removed the Support team has received an inordinate amount of chat moderation tickets. Although players may be enjoying the unmoderated Wild West that chat has become, it is clearly not working for some players. Our responsibility is to protect these players.

The intention was never to allow the chat to go unpoliced for any period of time, but due to various reasons that is exactly what happened. We understand that a majority of those that play TSO adhere to the chat rules, but due to the PEGI rating of the game and the widely-varying age ranges of players within the game, we must have chat moderation.

Please keep in mind that our intention here is not to place unreasonable standards on chat. We must adhere to PEGI7 standards and must moderate based on the idea that children ages 7 and older should be able to play the game without experiencing inappropriate content.

Players are still welcome to talk amongst themselves in other chat rooms or via whisper. As long as players using the standard chat rooms adhere to the policies outlined within the Code of Conduct, the moderators will not exert an over-extensive presence. However, they will be there to stop and curtail chat which breaks the Code of Conduct and ensure that all players, of all ages, can play and enjoy the game without encountering inappropriate chat or being subjected to harassment.
    Thank you Thank you. Finally some straight talk from a BB employee. I now support this project.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuko View Post
    Im not saying your lying here but I've never heard anyone in the community say, "Hey wouldn't it be great if we had more Moderators". I've heard people complain all the time about lag and pvp but never Moderators.
    I have seen various players complain a few times when chat went overboard and I don't mean talking in trade chat, spamming trade chat, or getting a little risque in a global, but when an argument has gone way past common senses or when a player is significantly disrupting or harassing other players. If I was chat mod and was told this game was accessed by ages 7 and up, I would have banned (with plenty of warnings) myself and most of the other players on here. Now I understand where they are coming from and that I was correct about them downsizing and cannot do it themselves, I support this project.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pochucker View Post
    You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?
    In answer to your concern, I can in fact walk the talk and chew gum at the same time. That being said how long do you think a corrupt or unhelpful moderator would last on either server before they are removed by BB. I would like to make the following suggestion:

Much like we pick new items to go into the guild market to get rewards and much like wikipedia votes on those it gives admin rights to, why dont we simple have a bi annual or quarterly review of the staff that moderates so the community can give feedback. If the person is helpful, active, and cares about the server then why in the world would that not be fair and constructive. I think anything negative said could then be addressed so that person can either be removed or spoken to. The community needs to bind together and this is one way the input and decision making would have a check and balance
    brockb86
    Officer- AWSM Guild

Reply to Thread