Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Moderators

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I also agree that this is a bad idea....a very bad idea. Too many personal agendas, personal rivalries, guild rivalries and people that are just "that kind of person" that wants to tell everyone else what to do. If it happens and one of those people manage to be appointed as a chat mod I PROMISE that I will take my money (yes, I buy gems with real dollars ;-) ) and find another game to play.

World
    Zeus
    That's just it, Dirkjon, even people with the best intentions and who try to be fair, would still have to tell someone 'no' or 'please stop it' at some point. Which can then be viewed as 'that kind of person.' Its a no-win situation.
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Varies on the chat moderator, but they could quickly become the most reviled person on the server.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    ^ what if they already are?

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    CL's (Community Leaders) Duties are not to moderate the tabs at all. We just report to the BB's what we see if someone violates the CoC or ToS. You shouldn't think that we are the same as Mods because we don't have any powers all we got is Green Letters.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I really, really, hope bb reconsiders this, in any form. its a VERY bad idea, and looking at those who have signed up so far, it even stinks more. BB please spend 1/1000th the cash u got from gem sales recently and HIRE A PROFESSIONAL. Do not, please, fall into this idea thinking its at ALL a good, wise plan. It is NOT.

The people who sign up, are honestly, a nice list of people who should be banned permanently from TSO. Just saying. (Anyone who knows most of the ppl on the list can agree that the ones recognized should not have ANY moderation abilities - but then again, judging from the reactions/actions of some of the BB's ive met ingame, maybe this is just 'more of the same'!)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I really hope they implemented this idea. This is a disaster waiting to happen. Its gonna be fun watching the fallout from this on G1. I mean what could go wrong with players modding other players right? 50% of this game is global chat, whats gonna happen when no one goes to global cause of mods?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    I would really like to see the list of players lined up for this. More lurkers/scammers/and the "I'm better than you" crowd. Well to all that appy i wish you luck and a flat tire on a desserted highway with the runs. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAA

World
    Zeus
    I applied for moderator, I was a moderator in yahoo chat and also at cybertown.com if anyone remembers that community. I have been trained on how to moderate chat without overpowering the chat. I think the goal should be to deal with trolls and help teach them the proper way a community should function and act amongst each other without ever stopping an actual good conversation. A good moderator should very rarely need to use moderation tools if he/she just takes a conversation to whisper and has a quick conversation.

I cant promise to be the best at adventures, or even the game.. but I can promise to be fair, to not go crazy with the chance to help out and to do my best to promote the community we have.

I hope that explains it...
    brockb86
    Officer- AWSM Guild

Settler
    World
    Ares
    You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?

Reply to Thread