Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who's Your Team? [CLOSED]

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Dalei Gregorius Hobbs, is the founder of the Hobbs Hobbids of Wingate. The founder is also the beginning of a long standing tradition amoung the Hobbids. He was also the architect of the first ever cup victory for the Hobbids. We have had a bloodline of standouts in the Hobbs family through the years. Back when the White Witches’, “Ravin’Rabbids”, were a sure thing to win the title; Dalea Hobbs was the standout who made every goal in the game; thus ending their dreams of an initial cup victory. There is also an instance or two where we eliminated the favorite in a preliminary match just to eliminated ourselves, the very next match. We’ve also had numerous near misses through the years. There was the year that we again; going against the Witches’, “Ravin’ Rabbids”, fouled their chance at the cup by taking them out in the first round with a 10-0 score, unheard of, at that time. In just about every cup event, we have, at least been in contention up until at least the semi-final matches; we have never been knocked out in the first 2 rounds of any cup competition. We came close one year but with a saving last charge and goal by a not-so-standoutish, Roe D. Hobbs; who had embarrassing performances against, not-so-great teams such as Shiloh Shadowmasters and the Slovan Berts, but came out with the last second header for the 1-0 win to reach the semis that year. We have also logged the least number of ties over the years; we have 3 in the first round, the most we’ve had in any cup round. We’ve also had 2 ties in the Semis and on none of those occasions were we considered even a remote challenge but then turned out outstanding performances in repeated matches to take ourselves to the final match, each of those five years. There were many good players on these teams and I don’t want to sound pretentious but the real heavy standouts were from inside as well as under the Hobbs family tree.

Then, when the UndershireBlankets were favored to win the cup with a predicted margin of 4-1, it was Dalei’s great-great nephew on his mothers side; Syl A.Hobbs, that took over the final match to rob the Undershires’ of their cup victory. We have had a long-standing tradition of destroying the favorites and have more come from behind victories than any other existing team.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    An Original Discovery
    Sambo Snider used to be a farmer who spent his mornings tending to his endless fields of watermelons and wheat. One day, he decided to kick a watermelon across a field of wheat. His watermelon went a few inches, and he groaned on the ground and held his red toe. After that day, he dug around his house to look for things that he could kick. He found some pieces of wood and gave himself splinters. Some rocks from the lake sprained his right toe, the same toe that kicked the watermelon the very same day. Finally, he kicked a chicken that became very angry, so angry that he went to bed covered in his sore bites.
    The next day, he limped outside with his bandaged foot. On that day, he thought about kicking softer things. He grabbed some wool, freshly sheared from some sheep from weeks ago. When he kicked, the wool broke apart in many pieces and was broken. He hobbled back into his bedroom and grabbed the pillow. He kicked that pillow with his left foot all day long. He needed to buy some banana seeds from the market because he was tired of growing watermelon and wheat for his farm, so that pillow flopped down the road and caught all the dirt and grime.
    At the market, the pillow became a soft rock, and his feet turned brown from the long walk. Tired, he took a seat and rubbed his bare feet from the sores. He thought he would never walk again. Then, a farmer’s merchant stared at him from above. Snider was sitting next to the merchant’s stall.
    “Do you happen to have a thing that I can kick around with?” Snider asked.
    “Don’t tell me that you never heard of a football before. It was popularized in England.” The merchant replied.
    “I never heard of football.”
    “Have you been living on an island your entire life?”
    “This is an island.”
    The merchant, known as Field Barker, became the first personal coach for Snider. First, the merchant tended to his bare feet and gave Snider these revolutionary things called sneakers and cleats. Barker had to call a doctor from Oxford to travel to the market in Harsonville because the town could not afford medical care. The doctor mentioned that he took an exclusive, express galley to Harsonville, examined the farmer’s feet, and said that he should be fine on the condition that he wore socks and shoes. Snider always wore a pair of shoes to bed after that check up. The doctor went to the town hall and asked for a job as a doctor for their town. The Harsonville politicians had to say yes because the doctor could contact “some guy” to reveal to the world that this tiny island has no medical care.
    After the farmer, Snider, tended to his farms every morning, he took a trip to the merchant in the evenings in order to talk to Barker about everything he knew about football. Unfortunately for Barker, that meant explaining everything single simple detail.
    “Football is a very complicated sport. The idea is to kick the ball into the net to get the goal. Whoever has the most points wins. What is a point, you asked? It is a number. You do not know what a number is. Well, that explains why you overpaid me for those seeds. Anyways, this is a football. It is white and black. Yes, Snider, the grass is green. Yes, Snider, those are colors, not food. You do not want to eat the grass, Snider. Who taught you, an eggplant?”
    After several exhausting encounters, Snider forced Barker to hire a tutor from Oxford who could teach Snider the basics about football. After one session, the tutor exploded with anger and said that this man was the stupidest man on Earth. Barker could never hire a tutor after that, yet Snider wanted to learn more about football. Barker gave Snider a football and said to find some people who were willing to play.
    Snider contacted his farmer friends about this new game called football. One Friday evening, he exposed the game to nine friends. The game consisted of the players picking up the ball with their hands and throwing it into the goal because Barker forgot to mention that football players except for the goalie do not use their hands during the game. As a result, one player’s hand was stepped on when another kicked the ball. Snider rolled out the cart and tossed the player into the cart, and the farmers ran to the market where Snider knew “some guy” who could call “some guy” to do something. Out of all the farmers, Snider ran the fastest.
    At the market, Barker was about to close shop when he saw Snider running with the cart. Snider had his cleats on, so when he wanted to stop, he let go of a rolling cart still in motion. The cart slammed against the wall while the player went through a window that led into Barker’s stall. Snider and Barker ran into the stall, where the player knocked over many seeds.
    “Snider, did you call 911?”
    “911!”
    “No, I mean did you take a phone, punched in some numbers, and talked with somebody?”
    “What’s a phone?”
    “Snider!” His voice bellowed throughout the land, and the other farmers found Snider.
    Barker called the doctor to the stall. When the doctor came onto the scene, he found the farmers cleaning the floor of seeds and organizing the seeds by their type into glass vials. Some farmers were sweeping the floor for sharp glass pieces that broke from the old vials and the window while Snider and Barker were tending to the player with the hand issues. The doctor asked the player what happened.
    “I tried to get the ball when another guy hit my hand.”
    The doctor pressed on, “How did that guy hit your hand?”
    “He stepped on my hand when I was picking up the ball.”
    “Snider, did you tell your friends that you cannot touch the ball with your hands unless you are a goal keeper?”
    “That is a thing?”
    Barker held his forehead for a moment.
    “What? What?”

A few days after, the news caught this story and printed it on The Only News that sold only a few copies per week. The Harsonville politicians read the newspaper that same morning and passed a bill that banned football because “some guy” decided it would be fun to step on “some other guy” and ruin “that guy” and his life. That guy was still fine. He had this indent on his hand that lasted a lifetime, but at least he was still alive and got his band-aid and cherry lollipop. The farmer said that the doctor gave him a pat on the butt and was good to go.
    The doctor found this abandoned building filled with mirrors and old metal weights. Lucky for him, the doctor knew what to do. He opened the building as a gym and a doctor’s office with free checkups with a gym membership with the low price of ten gold coins per month. This doctor became the first trainer for Harsonville, for he was a part time gym trainer on the weekends back in Oxford. Sadly, they had too many gym trainers in Oxford, so the doctor decided to move to Harsonville. The doctor also had this job secured from the politicians and made sure through several emails that, yes, they are paying him to become the only doctor in Harsonville, and, yes, they could bring him the money, all of it.
    The doctor hung his diplomas up on the wall in his office. Doctor Allan Till shone in gold letters all over his office. Then, the phone rang.
    “Yes, Doctor Allan Till, Doctor extraordinary speaking.”
    The secretary said, “Mr. Sambo Snider is coming into your office to see you.”
    “Let him in, and remind him not to eat the plants on the way.”
    Doctor Till was able to organize some personal files into his desk before Sambo Snider waltzed into the room with that cheeky smile on his face.
    “Hey Doc, thanks for showing up. Without you, I do not think that he would be able to live. I mean, I would have slapped him silly if he did not wake up.”
    “He only had something on his hand. It was not a huge deal.”
    “What’s a hand?”
    “How is your training doing with Field Barker?”
    “Oh, my friends and I are doing well; we are all learning how to play this new game called soccer since the politicians banned football.”
    “Oh, what is this game about?” The doctor played on.
    “It is like football, only in soccer, you have this one team of ten kicking soccer balls into this net with one goal keeper, who is trying to block all the soccer balls from entering the net. Field Barker tried to be the goalkeeper, but he ate this one soccer ball and started yelling at us for no good reason.”
    “Well, sometimes you have to take one for the team, am I right?”
    “Yeah, of course. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go for a visit to the park to see the spiked wall.”
    “What is the spiked wall?”
    “Just a part of Harsonville history. Want to see it?”
    Doctor Till and Sambo Snider went for a walk to see the spiked wall at the park. For them, that meant taking a walk down the block. Trees and winding dirt roads that lead to dead ends covered the park. Some signs pointed to the historical monument. The two followed the signs. Some roots extended across the path. After a right turn, they saw the eight-foot wall of spikes with several trinkets hanging off the spikes. Several trinkets had pictures of loved ones who passed away.
    The Battle of the Spiked Wall started when two farmers started arguing over a plot of land. The farmers gathered other farmers who kept arguing over the land to the point where they whipped out the pitchforks and charged. Five hundred farmers died that day, September 15, 1015 to boredom and exhaustion. Back in the day, the pitchforks were made of feathers that ticked the plants in order to harvest them, and the farmers tickled the others into this spike wall.
    The two were watching a couple yelling. A husband was holding a baby, while the wife was begging the husband to stop.
    “Please, you don’t have to throw the baby!”
    “I can do what I want with this baby!”
    The husband threw the baby toward the spiked wall. At first, Doctor Till slapped on his medical gloves that he carried in his pockets at all times. The baby cried. In a flash, the doctor ran and lunged between the spiked wall and the baby. The baby squealed, and Snider’s mouth lowered. The wife was crying until she saw where the baby landed. Doctor Till caught the baby in his arms and landed next to a spike without touching it. The three scrambled toward the doctor and the baby.
    Doctor Till felt the baby’s wrist and arm and said that the baby was fine. The husband tried to take the baby away from the doctor, but knowing that the husband would mistreat the baby, the doctor handed the baby to the wife.
    “We need to go, Sambo.” The doctor grabbed him by the shoulder.
    “That was amazing! If you can save a baby from a spiked wall, I bet you could save a soccer ball from a net. Why don’t you swing by Field Barker’s place and learn a little more about this new sport?”
    “I don’t think now is a good time to talk about soccer.”
    “I agree with the young farmer.” The wife spoke up. “You would be perfect for that sport, whatever that is.”
    “We will see. I have to settle into the office before I can come.”
    The four walked out of the park without any issues. The couple, Snider, and Doctor Till waved goodbye. Once the doctor completed his move into his office, Doctor Till joined Snider and his friends over at Field Barker’s stall to learn more about soccer.

Tonight, on the New Pitch, politicians create an amendment that ends the prohibition on football and declares soccer and football as the same sport. After many arguments about the rules of the game, they concluded that the two sports are the same, even though other places call it different names. A merchant from far away brought the name football into existence for this island when a local farmer kicking a dirty, solid pillow bumped into this merchant. After a misplayed game and a horrible incident involving a hand injury, the Harsonville government decided to ban football. Cleverly enough, the merchant brought in a new term for football, soccer, that loopholes the prohibition on football. Today is a new era for Harsonville soccer, where people can play the game freely without restraints. This is the New Pitch, your number one channel for Harsonville soccer news.
    Today’s game is brought to you by the Gold Iron Copper Ingot Gym, where you are the one. This four star gym entails several plans with no money down, five gold coins a month. Come by the gym today to receive your free doctor visits and massages.
    This is the New Pitch, the only channel for Harsonville soccer news and games. Tonight, see the first official Harsonville friendly matchup between the Originals and the Divetails. Here are Bicky Carson and Billy Tesh.
    Billy Tesh said, “Tonight is a new revolution in communications. Tonight, we will be using this thing called a microphone and some speakers to talk to not only to people at the game but also to people carrying this box called a radio. Hundreds of people flocked to the gym of all places to receive radios in order to listen into this game.”
    Bicky Carson said, “I don’t trust these things. What happens if these new techno things explode?”
    “Well, first off, people can hear us crying if we are burning in a fiery flame of death. Second, I hope the audience has brought this thing called a phone with them, so they can call these numbers, 9, 1, 1. With the help of the doctor, I am sure that we can resolve any conflict.”
    “Speaking of the doctor, isn’t he the goalkeeper for the Originals?”
    “Yes, Doctor Allan Till, the owner of the Gold Iron Copper Ingot Gym, decided to help the farmers and Field Barker, their coach, with their training. From the rumor mill, I heard that the team trained by placing banana peels and bubble wrap all over the field in order to practice for today’s match up. The doctor told me in an interview that he played football in Oxford as a goalkeeper for a Pro league for a year until some other goalies started to outperform him; however, my records here state that the doctor averages twenty saves a game. Let us hope that the Doctor is as good as these records say.”
    “I am sure that they will have impeccable balance against this new team. What do you know about this team, the Divetails?”
    “Actually, no one knows anything about the team. As far as I am concerned, the team has been practicing underground for this moment during the prohibition, and finally the coach decided to challenge the Originals who were practicing outside in the open for a very long time. Not even the doctor knows much about this team.”
    “Do we have any other useful information that we can tell our audience? It is not much of a broadcast if we do in fact know nothing.”
    “Of course we have information! Harsonville has a population of 3907 residents that exists on an island near Canada that no one has ever heard of until now.”
    “Billy, about the game, about the game!”
    “Oh, right! We ought to give a highlight to one of the strikers, Sambo Snider, who says that he scored against the doctor in a penalty kick game last night.”
    “To be honest, Snider looks more like a caveman than a human. Just look at that unibrow and that jaw!”
    “Well, looks like both teams are charging onto the field. Look at all of those Originals with watermelon rinds on their heads. Looks spectacular, don’t you think, Bicky?”
    “They look like idiots. You know what. Why don’t we stop talking and watch the game?”

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The Guardians of the Kingdom Of Template are a proud team with a tragic, yet proud background.

The Kingdom of Template was not always in this land you see. We used to live in the land of Evony, and had created and built up a strong kingdom of 8 large cities, capped off with a capital with stout fortifications. One day, a king from a stronger clan came to colonize the capital and make us his protectorate. He had an army of 100,000 Archers, along with one of every other troop. Sadly, behind our strong fortifications. we had an army of 400,000 capable, yet inexpierienced Warriors. When they took the walls, their Archers fired upon our Warriors. They died before they could ever get in range. Our fair Kingdom was then colonized and taxed into poverty. We staged an uprising to break ourselves free from their yoke, but to no avail. Seeking an asylum, we abandoned the city and that continent, in search of better pastures.

After a long, harrowing journey, We then settled on the island we now in inhabit. We named it Template to represent the new beginning we had destined for us. We established a new home in the little land we had, but found it too small. We then created an army and went to war with the bandits. It was a long, hard battle, but in the end we defeated them all, even the fearsome Wild Mary. We wanted our fresh start, and we took it.

Our team was founded by a group of war veterans Era Of Colonization. They believed that we should show the rest of the world what we were made of. They wanted to form a team to compete in the Settler Championship Tournament. The team was dubbed the Guardians, because as we had guarded and fought for our destiny, they would guard and fight for our victory. The team they formed was average except for one gem. is name was Colt "Stallion" Wallace and his parents sure named him right! He was as fast as a horse on the field, flying past opposing midfielders and defenders with ease. He could the barrage the goal constantly all game long. Our team wasn't expected to do well, seeing as we had only one special player with a bunch of inexperienced players, but we managed to win our group. We then lost in the round of 16 to the Shire of Oxwater. Their ability to have a strong offense with a stable defense was just too much for us. In the end. The Guardians made Template a name to be known and made their people proud.

World
    Ares
    The creation of the Wiki Weathermen began one day by a man named Clint Youle. Clint, a weather forecaster, predicted that after 4 days of heat and sunshine they would be seeing some scattered showers in the farming town, Franksville. Unfortunately for the farmers, there was no rain for 8 long sun filled days. All the weathermen in the area met up to discuss what seemed to be some odd weather, but still came to the conclusion that rain was coming soon.

The Farmers living in Franksville (later to be known as the Franksville Farmers) had enough of Clint and all the other weathermen after hearing predictions for 4 days of 80% chance of rain, but receiving days of Scorching heat and no clouds in sight. Being very straightforward, the Farmers burst into the weathermen's meeting demanding the Weathermen to start carrying buckets of water from the nearby lake for the crops before they are ruined. The Weathermen explained that the rain is coming and there would be no need for them to do this. A farmer named Zynga got to talking with Clint and they decided that the best solution would be to compete in a game. Whoever lost was going to get water for the crops, necessary or not.

The Game began the next day, and with very little training or experience on either side, no one had scored a point for hours. That does not mean the game wasn't exciting, the crowd grew larger and larger until there were over 200 people watching. There were two farmers, Justin and JC, who seemed to perfectly in sync with each other. They would pass the ball back and forth down the field until they got to the net that is. That is where the weathermen's goalie, Elton, seemed to be able to block every kick that was sent his way. Going into what is now known as "extra overtime", the players and crowd were so into the game that they didn't even see all the clouds overhead. Without much warning the rain started coming down. Everyone was happy that the crops were now watered, however there was still a problem, no one won the game. Elton wanted to keep playing in the rain, but now the farmers needed to hurry and get their work done. It was decided by the group to play again once they had time, and that is how the Hungry Games began.

Clint Youle went on to be one of the greatest players ever in the game so far. However, he never retired from his day job of being a weatherman. The Wiki weathermen went on to be the best team, winning the first and third years Since the Hungry games became recognized by Capitol City. The Franksville Farmers won the second season, and are training hard hoping to win the fourth as well. Groups of people wanted to get off the sidelines and participate in the games, so more teams were created. The first was the Millsford Bakers, then came the Centralia Calvary, the Mastercraft Masons, The Chile Wyverns, and the Capitol City Champions.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    There once was a man named Hippo. He wasn’t talented, or smart, but he had a strong appetite. He hungered for food like no other known to man or animal alike. One morning Hippo was happily gorging his face in some bread at the local bakery as he normally does when he came across a sheet of simple paper that read ‘The Champions Will receive Free Food to their belly’s content for a year.’ It didn’t occur to him that there were other words on the sheet of paper. He quickly jumped out his seat and shouted, “I want to be CHAMPION!!”
    Others around him started to laugh, so he sat down, and then read the sheet of paper again to make him self feel better just by having the thought of winning free food. This time he read the paper and actually saw the headline which he didn’t pay attention to earlier because he was too busy thinking of food. “Enter the football tournament and see if you have what it takes to get to the world championship.”
    There were a bunch of rules further down but the one he took note of was he had to form a team to qualify to compete. Hippo knew that he had to run and gather fellow settlers to share this goal, so he started right away.
    The game of football was totally new to Hippo, but didn’t stop his ambition for winning free food. He tried to run as fast he could to the local wheat field by the farms to seek out potential team mates. After stumbling and falling during his attempt to run, Hippo thought to himself, “Why don’t I just wait at the storehouse; surely people will drop by to put stuff away”.
    Luckily for Hippo the Bakery was right next door to the storehouse.
    A few farmers walked in and out so fast Hippo knew they had to be good runners. Although they had rotund bellies, they were surprisingly quick on their feet. Hippo had asked them if they like football. The two farmers were brothers and the younger one replied, “We farmers love football mate, we are always playing in the wheat fields.” His older brother quickly elbowed him. “Ahem, I mean we are always farming in the wheat fields, but we manage to get a game on when the field is exhausted.”
    Hippo was relieved that people play the game. Now he didn’t have to look hard to find people who play. The older brother was tall and round and seemed to have quick hands. Hippo asked, “Who are you guys? My name’s Hippo by the way” The tall one answered, “I’m Bubby, and this is my younger brother Rubby.”
    Hippo replied excited, “Hi Bobby and Robby.”
    Rubby intervened and said, “It’s Rubby and Bubby mate. Like blub not blob”
    “Come on down to the farm why don’t you Hippo” invited Bubby
    .When he made it to the farm he saw enough players playing football that could form a team to enter the tournament. However most of them were really round around their chins and lower chins. Some had a lot of necks on the side of their face. Others seemed to have been spending more time in the brewery tasting their product rather than storing it.
    Hippo told Rubby and Bubby he had to make a speech for all the players to hear.
    They all gathered around Hippo. Hippo stood up tall on a podium looked ever so sharp and serious, like he never did before in his life. He said, “I had a dream.” He paused for a minute. Two minutes went by, then one of the short round players in the field asked, “What was your dream about?
    “Oh right” Hippo continued to reply, “I had a dream that one day we would all win enough free food to feed ourselves for a year.” Everyone in the field was so excited, they began to cheer and celebrate after hearing that announcement.
    Then Rubby asked Hippo, “Do you think this dream will come true?”
    Hippo replied, “Yes, I had a dream that one day we would all be eating, eating so much that we couldn’t get out of our seat because we didn’t have to. We wouldn’t have to get out of our seat because our next meal would be on its way to us. That’s how much food we would have to eat. I saw cookies, pizza, bread, fish, meat, and sausages on my table in my dream. A lot of brew in jars and barrels on the side. It was a very happy dream. I bring you news that day is upon us. We will all join as one group of people, and enter this tournament of football. We will fight, and we will win, because we WILL get free food for a year. Are you with me?”
    The crowd replied ecstatically and cheered so loud the scarecrows flew away.
    As one whole group they all replied, “Yes we….. nomnomnom”
    It was hard to make out what they were trying to say because everyone was drooling over the thought of free food. Hippo asked, “What? I didn’t get that”
    They all attempted to reply again, “Blubbeurb lbubeer”
    To Hippo it sounded like, they all shouted, “blub, blub Blubber!”

Bubby quickly turned to Rubby and said, “That’s it, I got a name for our team.”
    Rubby replied, “Well go on mate, let me hear it then.”
    “Blubbers” replied Bubby all excited.
    Without thinking Rubby replied, “Why do we have to be named after you mate?”
    “Oh no, not after me Rubby – Blubber, because we’re all round, and have extra chubby flesh dangling on our arms. All of us here, we can be the Blubbers and proud! Just think of it” exclaimed Bubby.
    “Oh your right bro, That’s BRILLIANT.” Replied Rubby
    The news quickly went to Hippo, and he was ecstatic about the proposal of the team name.
    Hippo quickly turned to his audience and said, “You know my whole life, people always called me blob, because I would finish my meal before others started their own. And then I would take their meal and finish it too before I got my second serving. And when I got my second serving I finished it before they could start their first serving. So that name used to haunt me. But now I think I can finally be proud of it. Our team, I Hippo, Rubby, Bubby, and the rest of you, we will be round and proud, we will be the ‘BLUBBERS’!!!”
    Again Hippo got an enormous cheer.

All the players stand out on this team with their enormous girth. However one who is very promising for their chances in the settlers world cup is Bubby, and his shockingly quick reflexes, his tall round figure, and blubber reach wide enough to make it impossible for opponents to score any goal without getting around him. And it seems like a very arduous task to get around him. Best choice for goalie, and possibly the ‘man of the match’ prediction material before every match.

It is evident this team is full of rookies and new players. But their goal is strong. It is to satisfy hunger, and thirst. Well mostly just hunger. So they will compete, they will use their belly flops to out flop the opposition. They will run like they never ran before (literally they never ran before) and they will promise victory for each other. And their small little island.
    Hippos’ speech will always be remembered, “We will win! because we will be fighting for free food. And when fighting for free food, remember losing is not an option. Not ever. When fighting against hunger you will put your life on the line. And when you put your life on the line you will always come out on top! Others may think we’re greedy, but we’re not greedy!!! We’re just proud and hungry, and hungry because we’re proud!
    And what are we proud of? We’re proud of being the extra extra extra large that you always get nearly for free on clearance sales. We are the Blubbers!!!!!

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    This contest is now closed. Thanks for your entries! We will announce the winners later this week.
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Closed Thread