Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great New Unit Ideas

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Great New Unit Ideas

"Fantastic Idea" - A unit for elite cavalry = rifleman. It could have same hit points as cavalry but a little more first strike damage. Create an up-gradable building "Rifle Hut" that uses steel and gunpowder to make rifles, which is used to create the unit. Tell me what you think, thank you for your time.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    or less damage, but first-first strike. take out those pesky first strike units without taking damage. idk, be cool to have salt be useful instead of rotting in my storage.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    both of those ideas have severe impact upon balance. I'd like to see some more expensive, but offensively oriented versions of militia and elites that hit like a bowmen, but with higher hp. easy to think up a hundred different new units, hard to prove they have a place.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    you mean like noble cav from the FT adventures?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    i'll hold out for the death star!!!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I mean if you think about it there is this sort of progression R -> M -> S -> E and then B -> LB -> XB and i guess there is a missing step C -> ? -> Cannon perhaps there is space for another unit to fit in that spot. At least it gives an idea for use of salt.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobdog View Post
    I mean if you think about it there is this sort of progression R -> M -> S -> E and then B -> LB -> XB and i guess there is a missing step C -> ? -> Cannon perhaps there is space for another unit to fit in that spot. At least it gives an idea for use of salt.
    there is a use for salt build a cannon chain, salt used, problem fix....thank you

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Yes and building cannons has made salt worth something. What was i thinking passing up on all those trades for cheap salt. Obviously another use would help strengthen its value.

A new unit may be worthwhile for the game. But i am sure in all your limited wisdom you have the greatest ideas.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    cannon is the next step in the archer chain. cav has no previous or following step. for saltpeter to be useful, any items would have to ONLY be produced and not be found any other method.

Current cannon chain is too expensive and to slow to be practical. I wish i could whack some sense into whoever came up with the existing ratios and such when this game was designed.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    If we ever were to get new units. I would want to make those Royal Troops on the FT Adventures. They are very powerful and could be very helpful in most cases. However, the balance would be set off so badly they would have to create more powerful bandit troops and bandit leaders.

Reply to Thread