Reply to Thread

Thread: Wondering... What's the next step?

World
    Ares

Wondering... What's the next step?

Hello guys. My nickname is TheScientist and I'm a player in Ares server. Yesterday I finished my guide on Trading and I'm looking for some feedback from you guys. What do you think needs to be touched on? Maybe add some trading strategies? Seems like people don't take the time to criticise content provided to them.

Here is a link to the guide : Trading Guide

What is the next topic you would guys like me to analyze? Do you like the format of the guide I created?

Appreciate all the feedback in advance.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    My single biggest complaint is blaming inflation solely upon the gold towers. that is so inaccurate....The issue was the mass produced 3x buffs and explorers also bringing back 4x buffs, along with compounding issues from fast gold mines.

People used to only use 3x buffs on lvl 5 coinages. Most players got 1 coin for every 1 gold of deposit, a few 50s got 1.5 coin for evert 1 gold ore in deposits.

Now, i 4x buff the fast mine, 3x buff the coinages and smelters.

Before it was 1 deposit -> 2 ore -> 2 bars -> 1 or 1.5 coin.
    Now it is 1 deposit -> 4 ore -> 6 bars -> 4.5 coin

I am earning 4.5x more coin per deposit then i was in spring of 2013.

Myself, and many other 50s - also upped the number of coinages we had to keep up with this new surge or ore and bars.

No, the problem is not the 112 coin per day from the gold tower. It is the tens of thousands from the coinages.

I will also comment - this does little to explain pricing like some of the causes of surges and how to look for, anticipate, and take advantage/mitigate damage from such things.
    Does not explain when bulk sells at a discount v. at a premium.

some areas that might need mentioned briefly:
    general trends (resource to resource for example), which items habitually suffer from inflation the most, lootspot trades, auctions, selling gems
    finally - explain the value of partial searches for quickly finding items to either buy/sell when doing a trade (like using "au" in search to find irma's baskets from your star) when trading 25 baskets for a friend to place.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

World
    Ares
    I see your point on that. I'll change it since it seems missleading and might confused people. Thanks for the input.
    I was thinking of maybe breaking the guide into 2 separtate. The basics to trading. and advanced trading techniques.

Reply to Thread