Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Players and Mods – Open letter

World
    Ares
    I'd be interested to see some statistics regarding the age of the player base. It would be pretty interesting.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScientist View Post
    I'd be interested to see some statistics regarding the age of the player base. It would be pretty interesting.
    all of the players are 40+ yr old males living in parents basements

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScientist View Post

Settler
    World
    Ares
    to be clear I agree with the need for moderation, BUT do it fairly and thx for taking down my earlier post but at least some ppl read it

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    That sounds dangerous ! :O

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    any program that is rated will have a * next the rating saying that chat cant be rated and is not part of the rating. Sometimes it will simply say the online portion of the game cant be rated. The reason to keep chat PG is that people are much less likely to rage quit or get bullied and quit with PG chat. The chat rules are meant to keep as many people playing as possible. If they thought M would sell better it would be.

World
    Ares
    It has been years since I have read the Terms of Service and I can't find a copy to read now. But I would like to complain about a certain moderator (not sure if I can specify without getting banned from the game completely) who has been banned me twice in 2 days (first for 3 hours, second for 24 hours) without warning for reasons that are vague or irrelevant. I'm afraid that if I give examples of what I feel is a unreasonable abuse of power; that this mod will ban me from the game permanently without warning. Banning someone from all chat (including guild chat, really?) for 24 hours should only happen following a warning. I had no idea what I was doing was wrong (I still have doubt if it actually is against the ToS) How am I supposed to correct my actions if I'm not told what I am doing wrong and I cannot read a Term of Service agreement? I have invested ALOT of time and money on this game and not being able to use ANY chat is close to not being able to play the game. I respectfully request that BB reign in the mods and stop this unreasonable abuse of power.

World
    Zeus
    Plinkerton, your instincts are correct about withholding the name in the forums. However, you CAN put in a ticket, and address it to Susurrously, with the name of the mod, date/time, and as many details as you can remember. They will review the case for you.

Here's a post Rawren made in another thread on the same topic:
    It includes links to the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...308#post239308
    (bottom of the page)
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Plinkerton View Post
    I would like to complain about a certain moderator (not sure if I can specify without getting banned from the game completely) who has been banned me twice in 2 days (first for 3 hours, second for 24 hours) without warning for reasons that are vague or irrelevant.
    If you don't know what you did, how can you correct yourself?
    Still around from time to time.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I would never want to be a mod. in globel I don't talk there but watch sometimes, it getts pushed to the limits just for fun of it. then the ones doing it want to complain when they get in trouble.If you want free speach do it in guild chat or somewhere else if you are board, G1 is not the forum for that plain and simple what part of that don't you understand? The problem is not that kids are watching it , it's that adults are acting like them.

Reply to Thread