Reply to Thread

Thread: Annoyed with Battles and how it works for difficult Bosses!

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Angry Annoyed with Battles and how it works for difficult Bosses!

I don't understand why it is so hard to eliminate the last bandits on my island. i've tried multiple combinations to beat them but I NEVER succeed. I've sent my troops to the same bandit camp 6 times. I've read the meagre help guide to battle bandits and have found it confusing and unhelpful. The Help tab as much as it is helpful don't give more advice other than go read the help guides. So can anyone help me understand how to defeat the remaining bandits without constantly losing battle? I'm at he point where I love playing Settlers but it's just not worth it if I can't even move past the bandits and can't seem to get an explanation that I understand. There are a bunch of strategy based explanation that simply don't make sense to me at all. Not everyone gets battle strategy. I would love a detailed How to battle with these kind of bandits, what you need and how many. I don't enjoy guessing because i'm just frustrated. I enjoy everything in the game except battles. Battles used to be fun when it seemed simple.

A frustrated Settler player.

World
    Zeus
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    if you're referring to the last leader camp in sector 9, it takes 2 waves

Bandit Leader (Wild Mary + 199 Dogs) [W1:199C W2:35M 50S 115LB (200C 35M 45S)]

wave 1: 199 cavalry
    wave 2: 25 militia, 50 soldiers, 115 longbow
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

World
    Zeus
    I haven't cleared sec 9 in 2-3 years. I did just clear it on Test Server and the guide in the link worked great.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Before you start following the guides, look at the replays of your battles. You should try to understand how each unit works and what is strong and weak against it. A very important thing to understand is the move order of each unit, so for example those guard dogs are first strike and attack the weakest units, which means if you send your ranged units against them they are going to get taken out fast. Also try to understand what your ranged units and cavalry are good against, generally ranged units are needed when there are many high HP units in a camp, cavalry when there are many ranged enemy units. Sometimes camps have a combination of mixed units where one needs to send multiple waves to be able to defeat it (there are some caveats to this rule, but once you understand the basics, the exceptions to the rule will be obvious). There are many good guides that one can blindly follow for the optimal army to send to each camp, but I strongly advise you to understand the combat mechanics first.

Also don't forget that the combat review will tell you what the average losses you will suffer, and also if you will be intercepted.

Reply to Thread