Reply to Thread

Thread: [Ares]Weekly User Trivia Event - Week 1 - Analysis

World
    Ares

Cool [Ares]Weekly User Trivia Event - Week 1 - Analysis

First of all, I want to take the time to thank everyone who came over and spent the little time they have free with me. I had a wonderful time and I'd like to believe that every one of you also did have a wonderful time. I know many people weren't familiar with the topic pokemon, so maybe this was the reason of the not so high participation ( even though it was higher than what I expected, a lot of people were just lurking and checking out the format, this is fine with me, nothing wrong about that. It's better than not giving something a chance), something which probably caused frustation to some people. But hey, Trivia is not fun if you know everything. Isn't Trivia all about getting familiar with a new subject and having fun?

Now about the time of the event. I want to apologize about this. I heard a lot of people were frustrated for not making in time, even though the time they arrived was the right one. I am the only one to blame for this. I messed up with my calculations. Also, I ended up holding the event 4:45 in the morning for me. I live in Europe. Next week I promise this will go more smoothly. Also, remember that depending on the mood I might throw in a few extra questions, just for the laughs - these will be harder than the first ones and with some neat rewards!

In order to tackle this issue first of all I will be posting the time in my own time zone format. Secondly, I'm moving the event a few hours earlier in order to be in a better state of mind. I will be holding it 11 pm GMT+3. GMT+3 is the local timezone of Athens, were I live.

What was very amusing this week is that we had a settler answer correctly all 5 of the questions asked and answer correctly the bonus question. That settler was Hellvena. I was thinking of adding special rewards for anyone that will be able to do that in the future. Congratulations to all the winners. The theme of the next trivia will be announced in the Trivia forum thread during the week.

If you have any suggestions or constructive critisism about the format of the event or how it should be ran, or feel like you wish to contribute to the community feel free to post and share your ideas.

A very happy settler,
    TheScientist.

P.S. Special thanks to mod_Magenta2 for being around, BB_Nellemose2 for dropping by to check out the event, BB_Rawren for pushing the approval of the event quicker than expected and to all of you for your good spirits. Let's have some fun next week!

Trivia Event Thread

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScientist View Post
    I messed up with my calculations. Also, I ended up holding the event 4:45 in the morning for me. I live in Europe. Next week I promise this will go more smoothly. Also, remember that depending on the mood I might throw in a few extra questions, just for the laughs - these will be harder than the first ones and with some neat rewards!

lol, same thing happened to me a few years back when I hosted a series of online meetings. By the end of the second day I was completely exhausted.

I admire the effort you have put forth so far. It may take a few weeks to work out all of the details.

You might get ideas for trivia questions by watching some of the "I love the 80's" videos on you tube. 70' 80's and 90's would cover most of the popular topics.
    Another source could be to paraphrase trivia pursuit questions. The questions the game uses are based partly upon leading surveys.

I think BB asked poke mon questions a few months ago. The topic wasn't very popular imo. Reminding players that using google is ok may increase participation.

I've been considering creating an account on Ares. I'm just not sure if I want to battle all those bandits again.

Thanks for the update.
    Last edited by Forrell; 06-08-14 at 11:33 am. Reason: typo

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrell View Post
    lol, same thing happened to me a few years back when I hosted a series of online meetings. By the end of the second day I was completely exhausted.

I admire the effort you have put forth so far. It may take a few weeks to work out all of the details.

You might get ideas for trivia questions by watching some of the "I love the 80's" videos on you tube. 70' 80's and 90's would cover most of the popular topics.
    Another source could be to paraphrase trivia pursuit questions. The questions the game uses are based partly upon leading surveys.

I think BB asked poke mon questions a few months ago. The topic wasn't very popular imo. Reminding players that using google is ok may increase participation.

I've been considering creating an account on Ares. I'm just not sure if I want to battle all those bandits again.

Thanks for the update.
    Hello Forrell! I'll do that google clarification! You seem to have a few neat ideas. I usually study a bit the topic that I decide to put up as a Trivia Topic. I like learning new stuff!

Yo, join Ares and hit me up. You seem like a cool guy!

Reply to Thread