Poll: Would you like me to make an official suggestion about the change of guilds?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Reply to Thread

Thread: [Poll] Maybe it's time we changed the way guilds function?

World
    Ares

Lightbulb [Poll] Maybe it's time we changed the way guilds function?

Hello fellow settlers. Guilds. This is a topic that has been bothering me since the moment I started playing the game.
    • What is a guild?

A guild is a gathering as I would say it. People that have different goals gather together and try to achieve them by helping each other, sharing ideas, interacting, having fun and fighting each other. Some don't have goals they just like being around people and enjoy being with certain individuals in the game.

• What can you gain from being in a guild?

At the moment the only thing you can achieve is having an easier time understanding the game and actually getting to meet new people and create new friendships.

• Shouldn't that be enough?

Normally in the 2000's when first games came out with the concept of guilds it should have been enough. But the game industry has moved on way past that point. The concept of a guild should be more than that. I feel that especially in games like this were the end game is mainly adventures PvE and achieving maxing your buildings there should be a wider variety of content to keep people with different tastes interested.

• You didn't get to the point!

Well, if you check every other game, even the ones created by amateur programmers, guilds are more structured and offer more featurers. You actually want to be part of strong guilds because of what they offer. This goes from strong personalities to the ability to run Guild Raids, Raids that will give you items/XP.
      What does that have to do with game? Well it has and in so many way! I'm actually surprised BB hasn't tried to implement a different guild system.

• A few ideas
      • Level /XP System
      • Passive Skill Tree/Active Skill Tree
      • Adventures that will drop items needed to Level up, buy spots for more members.
      • Fame, depending on the activity of the guild member and what they do.
      • Co-Op guild Adventures
      • Buildings that can be used by guild members/officers/leaders to produce certain goods needed for guild related activities.
      • Have a more structured system regarding the members. Now you view the guild members and it is a list of 100 members. What it should be like is each officer can have their own unit of people that they "command". Each unit can be created by using specific amount of x resources. You can view members by units and assign leaders to each specific unit. Each officer would be responsible for that unit to help them/answer questions etcetera.

These are just a few quick ideas from what I have in my mind as for what a guild should be in this game. If you would like me to make a big post analyzing everything and creating an official ticket and try to get this going please Vote yes on the poll. I want to see if people even care about what the guild structure should be. The more support you guys show me, the more strength you give me to keep on doing what I do, the more effect this suggestion might have to the The Settlers Online staff.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    there was supposed to be a guild bank coming for all to be able to put resources in and share
    pvp is also meant to be coming and depending on you guild there are some that are very restricted to get in to and always popular.
    we do now have co op adventures and it might be better that they are not restricted to just for guild as anyone without a guild who gets one will be unable to complete it then.
    as for what you get from being in a guild... it often costs more to do the guild quest than you get back in guild coins, although they are useful to get items from the merchant most of these items seem overpriced to me so again you are wasting more money than its worth

this is just my idea of the game based on what you already wrote, yes i would like to see some changes but i think more stuff for the lvl50's or increasing the levels is the most important thing at the moment

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I would like more benefits for being in a guild, but your last point on a more structured guild would make little guilds within guilds--nix that...that can be done unofficially to some degree.

I heard they had a guild bank in the works...and it would be nice if every player after level 35 were required to make minimal donations of varying degrees depending on level, to help support the newbs that join, or a player in a tight spot. But I'm not in favor of too much structure in a guild. However, anything that unifies a guild and makes it pull together, is great. The Easter Event was a great unifying factor...we pooled eggs, sent them around to complete quests, and left over eggs were shared to help people get their vets...built a great community spirit. Would love to see more of that. I would like to see guilds be able to share their geos and explorers...people can assign them to a guild dock for a specific amt of hours....when they are off at work or sleeping...guild members can use them until that time's up, then they are reassigned to their home island. They could be reassigned to their home island as soon as the search times won't allow for them to be sent out (eg, less than 3 hours left for a scout). I would like to see guild be able to send out geo's and explorers for other guild members when I notice an exhausted mine. They could 'freeze over/turn white' when the max storage capacity for that resource has been reached.

Re co-op games...there can be a 'check mark' that you check that says 'all players are in the same guild', and 'type guild letters into the field', and then you get extra loot specific to guild support, including 200 extra resources of all building materials into a guild bank per co-op player (for example).

I don't support Guild Raids, if you mean pitting one guild against another. That would create anger issue in all the chats...if I wanted a war game, I'd sign up for one. I came here to get away from one.

So while I would like some changes, the problem would be arriving at a consensus as to which changes. Anything that support guild unity and keeps the game in the 'spirit' of cooperation...help each other level up...would get my vote...anything divisive would get a dissenting vote from me.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    I would like to see them make more levels...why stop at level 50? Add a level at a time...or do it in groups of 5...I'm good with that.

World
    Ares

Clarifications...

Quote Originally Posted by elleyso View Post
    there was supposed to be a guild bank coming for all to be able to put resources in and share
    pvp is also meant to be coming and depending on you guild there are some that are very restricted to get in to and always popular.
    we do now have co op adventures and it might be better that they are not restricted to just for guild as anyone without a guild who gets one will be unable to complete it then.
    as for what you get from being in a guild... it often costs more to do the guild quest than you get back in guild coins, although they are useful to get items from the merchant most of these items seem overpriced to me so again you are wasting more money than its worth

this is just my idea of the game based on what you already wrote, yes i would like to see some changes but i think more stuff for the lvl50's or increasing the levels is the most important thing at the moment
    Guild bank is a good idea. I am not saying CO-OP must be only Guild Member do able. I'm saying there should be a few that restrict you to do them with Guild members to earn items needed to get a skill on your guild skill tree, or drop guild coins.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySettler View Post
    I would like more benefits for being in a guild, but your last point on a more structured guild would make little guilds within guilds--nix that...that can be done unofficially to some degree.

I heard they had a guild bank in the works...and it would be nice if every player after level 35 were required to make minimal donations of varying degrees depending on level, to help support the newbs that join, or a player in a tight spot. But I'm not in favor of too much structure in a guild. However, anything that unifies a guild and makes it pull together, is great. The Easter Event was a great unifying factor...we pooled eggs, sent them around to complete quests, and left over eggs were shared to help people get their vets...built a great community spirit. Would love to see more of that. I would like to see guilds be able to share their geos and explorers...people can assign them to a guild dock for a specific amt of hours....when they are off at work or sleeping...guild members can use them until that time's up, then they are reassigned to their home island. They could be reassigned to their home island as soon as the search times won't allow for them to be sent out (eg, less than 3 hours left for a scout). I would like to see guild be able to send out geo's and explorers for other guild members when I notice an exhausted mine. They could 'freeze over/turn white' when the max storage capacity for that resource has been reached.

Re co-op games...there can be a 'check mark' that you check that says 'all players are in the same guild', and 'type guild letters into the field', and then you get extra loot specific to guild support, including 200 extra resources of all building materials into a guild bank per co-op player (for example).

I don't support Guild Raids, if you mean pitting one guild against another. That would create anger issue in all the chats...if I wanted a war game, I'd sign up for one. I came here to get away from one.

So while I would like some changes, the problem would be arriving at a consensus as to which changes. Anything that support guild unity and keeps the game in the 'spirit' of cooperation...help each other level up...would get my vote...anything divisive would get a dissenting vote from me.
    Being able to do that Unofficially by having small guilds is not good enough to me at least till the game allows us to invite specific Guilds/Guilds Members into your guild's chat. What "Guild Raids" means is that in certain games have a quest chain that is introduced in order to gain specific items needed to Level up your guild / gain more perks. You don't fight other guilds. Maybe, I didn't phrase it properly.

Also, this is gonna be a community project. I want people's opinions. This is not A I will post my own Ideas and post a ticket. This is to see how community perceives the guild role and if they feel it isn't satisfying what should be done to change that.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Within the context of asking for a consensus for change, in keeping with the original spirit of co-operation that attracted me to this game, I can vote yes.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySettler View Post
    Within the context of asking for a consensus for change, in keeping with the original spirit of co-operation that attracted me to this game, I can vote yes.
    Thanks for the support!

Reply to Thread