Reply to Thread

Thread: BUG: Can't complete Championship Scout sub-quest.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Exclamation BUG: Can't complete Championship Scout sub-quest.

http://www.settlersonlinewiki.eu/wor...ionship-event/

Event sub-quest: Championship Scout
    Description: Find a Shoulder Pad during short treasure hunt.

Well since day one of this event I've had this sub-quest up, and while I realise other players have successfully complete this sub-quest, I am posting it here as a bugged/flawed sub-quest.

The reason being, I have 2 fast explorers and 3 normal explorers (pretty common for most lvl 45-50s). They have been running short treasure searches pretty much non-stop since the start of the event, so let's say 6 days (to allow for the server reset).

The two fast explorers can do short adventures (with science my science book investments) in under 3hrs while the normal explorers are under 6hrs.

Having run them almost non-stop, I've worked out I've ran a minimum of:

2*4*6 days (for fast explorers allowing sleep) = 48 short treasure searches.

and the 3 normal explorers

3*2*6 days (allowing for sleep) = 36 short treasure searches.

That's a total of just under 100 short treasure searches (wasted I might add, which would of been better used on very long or long searchers looking for footballs), instead used to complete a silly sub-quest.

Now if this indeed is not a bug, and there is close to less than a 1% chance to finish this sub-quest, then it's a sick and cruel joke BB.

Please re-do your calculations when making events and sub-quests like this to make a DAY ONE sub-quest achievable, and not hinge on a less than 1% chance of an explorer bringing back a specific item. It really boggles the mind that you would program your drop rates like this.

Otherwise, it is indeed a bug and needs attention.

World
    Zeus
    D'oh! They must really hate you...lol
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Game Master
    World
    Zeus
    I read about you having this issue and I investigated it myself on a new account I made and asked multiple players who completed this quest how many times it took them to find a Shoulder Pad. It took each of us less than 10 attempts with various explorers.

I apologize for the inconvenience and I would be frustrated as well. I've documented this report and your account information so the developers can take a look into the issue.

In the meantime, please try clearing your cache and cookies from your browser as well as from your Adobe Flash Player. I've included some instructions below.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...he-amp-Cookies!
    Last edited by BB_Nellemose; 06-21-14 at 03:48 pm.

Reply to Thread