Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Granite Pit v2, new goldmine, XP to Star Coins conversion

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I'm pretty excited about everything but will reserve final judgement for final version.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    Ok lets assume this is only about granite refills:

A granite pit, level 5, produces 480 granite per 96h base and uses 1440 from the deposit. We will use a rainbow snow on this granite pit, to produce a total of 1920 granite.

Assuming omni deposits starts out and sells for a slight premium over gold deposit, so 1.6 per deposit compared to golds 1.5. 1440 deposit * 1.5 = 2160 deposit cost. add in 2400 for rainbow snow. that is a 4560 cost. The granite produced in the 96: 1920*3 = 5760. For now, it will be profitable to refill, assuming omni stays near gold in value.

5760 - 2400 - 1440 * X = 0, to figure out at what price per omni deposit granite mine becomes no-profit: 2.33 per omni deposit.

Omni is 5 per gem, while gold parrots are 6.66 per gem. This means naturally, omni deposits should sell for 1.32x as much per quantity as gold deposits. Given current 1.5 price on gold deposits, this would be a 1.98 price on omni's starting out if compared by gem purchases.

Queston is: will a lapse in coin production and a surge in granite do to granites price? If the gem ratio of gold to omni comes into play, the 2.73 price of granite is the equilibrium.

Likely on Ares, granite pit is slightly not worth it. On Zeus, granite pit is slightly worth it. On German ancient servers, granite pit is the best gift in a long long time.

Overall my reaction: this seems like one of the better balanced updates BB has done in a while. Its not great, its not awful, its fair. Of course if i made some sort of error in one of these basic calculations, my opinion could change.

My biggest comment would be that cycle time of the granite pit could possibly be improved a little bit, to maybe 45 minutes. Could be nice if omni-seeds replaced wheat deposits in adv drops.

Sorry but if you factor in the fact that you could be selling your rainbow buff and your omniseed away. Its not worth the trouble. Also consider the initial cost of the pit being 1975 gems.

Rainbow buff gives you only an extra 1440 granite. If you sell your rainbow buff and your Omni seed you could be making the same amount difference in gold to just buy granite. A lot of times granite sells for 2coins per 1 granite. (sometimes less).

And of course, the amount of gems spent you could be buying other items and sell them on trade and get up to 3-4 times the output of the granite pit buffed. (as I pointed out in a previous posting).

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Right now gem prices are out of whack due to soccer. They will come down soon.

My point is this: yes selling the rainbows and omnis can net NEARLY as much profit, but not quite as much. Thats called balance.

Also - sell me your granite for 2 per. I will buy up to 1m.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    i'm happy for anything new. for those that are playing TSO Tycoon well sorry for you. you probably won't make a "pixel profit" on these but oh well.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    Also - sell me your granite for 2 per. I will buy up to 1m.
    I've managed to post 2000 coins for 999 granite before and people have sold me granites.
    I've even done 1001 coins for 499 granite.

There's always somebody who needs coins fast that have a lot of granites.
    You just got to play with the trade market.

I mean considering that there are a lot of people who lack any sense of economy knowledge willing to buy crap from the gem store. You'd think there would be enough of them to accept your trade offerings. Think about it. BB makes money from offering bad deals and bad items and people are willing to buy them. Why not the same on trade office.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    1 or 2 idiots every week selling you granite hardly means the price is 2 per.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    when using a value of granite when calcing the value of the granite pits/omnis/rainbows, you should be using the (reasonable) maximum value you can sell granite at, around 3.25gc ish.

World
    Zeus
    Yawn.......

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Any word on the gold mine though?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Gold mine

Reply to Thread