Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don't we all HATE deleting "Buff" email notifications?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Don't we all HATE deleting "Buff" email notifications?

It is tedious beyond measure to delete email after email everyday that tells
    me "Player X" has buffed your building. Nobody really reads them, they just
    slowly and painstakingly get deleted.
    It would be much simpler to add "WHO" buffed what building with "WHAT" type
    of buff by putting this information in the pop up box that appears when you
    click on a building.
    The game is already half way there...
    It already tells me WHAT buff has been applied and how much TIME is left on the buff in the pop up box now.
    Why not add the player WHO buffed it?
    Voila ! Now we won't have to delete 30-40 emails a day. God forbid you
    take a break for a week or so and come back to a few hundred emails to
    delete.
    If people really want an email - how about just one email a day that gives a total summary of WHAT buff amount was used from each player?

What do you think?
    Informally asking my guild has proven overwhelming support.

World
    Zeus
    Agree
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    would like it if we got 1 mail or had an area of the interface to check this kind of thing
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

World
    Zeus
    Have to agree that deleting buff emails is a pain. That being said, my buff partner and I hit about 60 buildings, so doing a mass delete is possible. Scroll down the page to be sure it's all buff notices. There are 50 per page. Check the little box top left, then use the delete function. Would rather not have to do this, but at least it's faster. Also..... the outbox is totally useless since it gets filled with all the buff notices when I do my partners island. Any recently sent mail I'd want to refer to is gone once I do buffs. DOH!!!

If some folks feel these mails are necessary, then at least set up a separate tab for all of them that the rest of us can ignore.

World
    Zeus
    YES! Mail folders for different types of mail would be awesome! For both in box and out box. There are outgoing conversations i'd like to keep until i get a response, but buffing or sending out a guild-wide mail pushes it out. This would probably be the easiest solution, if we could convince them to do it.

World
    Zeus

Cool Frivilous mails should go!

Amen! Several great ideas are submitted above to rectify the problem, any would help!
    1. Get rid of them.
    2. Only submit one mail with all buff information inside; make this one mail per hour or day, or some increment.
    3. Place them in a separate folder that the settler can read/delete/manage at their leisure.

As always, thanks for listening.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I don't seem to get the Buff mail anymore even when I'm offline. I could be offline and my entire island could be buff and I wouldn't even notice because I don't get any buff mail. lol

World
    Zeus
    rgc cheats! rofl j/k
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    buff mail does my head in haha

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    It would be nice to have a saved mail folder so we can save important emails we want to save. Or let us make tabs to store different kinds of emails. Other games have been doing this for years.

Reply to Thread