Thread: Unable to log in

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Keep refreshing page, that got me in finally

Retired Community Manager
    World
    Zeus
    Hi guys - are you still experiencing this issue?
    **Retired**

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Rawren View Post
    Hi guys - are you still experiencing this issue?
    It would seem the issue was resolved a couple hours after it began. If it helps you track the source of this, several images on the home page also failed to load when the game was inaccessible. http://static.cdn.ubi.com/0034/archi..._winners_t.png <- that was one of the images that failed to load on the home page. Even after clearing cache the home page would load except for about a dozen images, you could log in, and after hitting the play button you would just get a white screen.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Milo_Orpheus, it's funny you mention that about the images as I actually noticed the same thing as well at the time I had this problem and was even wondering what was going on. Thankfully no problems today.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    as predicted, the canned auto-response :

Hello Atma-Darkwolf,

Thank you for contacting The Settlers Online Support regarding your issue with accessing the game. There are a few things you can do to fix this situation.

1: Make sure you are using the currently available version of your web browser, as an older version may no longer be supported for the game.

2: Make sure you are using the most recent version of Adobe Flash. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

3: Before logging into the game clear your cookie and cache files from the web browser you are using.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

4: Clear your Flash cache files. You can find the steps on how to do this here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4278569

5: Try using another one of the supported web browsers for the game: Fire Fox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome.

Please be aware that having multiple Flash applications at once will cause lag, server crashes, and flash crashes. Please try to limit the number of Flash based web applications you have running while trying to play the game to have the best experience. Such applications include YouTube, Pandora, and other Flash based games.

If these steps do not work please provide the following information:

-What browser you are using and its version.
    -What version of Flash you currently have installed.
    -What operating system you currently have installed.
    -System Memory in GB

Do the tech support even know their game? I mean they hardly ever actually 'investigate' anything and ALWAYS churn out this exact same reply for ANY support related question, it almost doesn't matter WHAT you contact them about, THIS is ALWAYS the reply.

World
    Zeus
    I don't think anyone mans the support on weekends.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Ares
    I think those are template responses sent until they can get to the issue.
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hi everyone well it’s now 20 July 20 14 at 1100 AM EDT and after getting in once yesterday after following the suggestions above many times Today we are back to the same issue hanging at the white screen. Any ETA as to when this will be fixed?

As for the questions:
    Please be aware that having multiple Flash applications at once will cause lag, server crashes, and flash crashes. Please try to limit the number of Flash based web applications you have running while trying to play the game to have the best experience. Such applications include YouTube, Pandora, and other Flash based games.

If these steps do not work please provide the following information:

-What browser you are using and its version. Fire Fox 30.0, Internet Explorer 11.0.10, and Google Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m
    -What version of Flash you currently have installed. 14.0.0.145
    -What operating system you currently have installed. 1 machine windows 8.1 pro, 1 machine 8.1 and one machine Win 7 pro
    -System Memory in GB all 3 machines have 8 GB

All 3 machine have the same issue. To me with 3 machines with different OS versions it’s looking like a sever issue not a client issue.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    2014/07/22 - Unable to login always get "Connection failed" page.
    We regret that the connection to the "The Settlers Online" server failed. Please try to reconnect. Should the problem persist, please visit the homepage and the forum for more information.

We are working to resolve the problem.

The test server is working not Zeus or Ares.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by bashing View Post
    2014/07/22 - Unable to login always get "Connection failed" page.
    We regret that the connection to the "The Settlers Online" server failed. Please try to reconnect. Should the problem persist, please visit the homepage and the forum for more information.

We are working to resolve the problem.

The test server is working not Zeus or Ares.
    Same issue here ....8:51 a.m. est

Reply to Thread