Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Too much gold?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I would pay gold on a regular basis to reset the cost of my bookbinder.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Along with the value of gold changing so is the value of other resources in terms of their cost in gold. Back when I started playing water typically sold for 2.5gc per 1k (1 gc per 400 water) Currently I am selling water at 8.5gc per 1k. Water is something that low level players can make very easily and is something I highly recommend they do to get a share of the gc on the market. As a major water seller I make about 1173 gc a day (~138k water a day) and sometimes more if I'm careful about when I place my orders up. Mind you that is just 1 example and a new player could easily focus on stone or hwp or coal or w/e and sell those too. Mining gold from the ground ain't the only way to get gc

World
    Ares
    too much...is there such a thing?
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have seen this uprising of gold on the market myself, and its devaluation as a logical consequence, and it seemed to me as a very good thing for gem sales, which is probably what the company powering this game wants, since it is a company and that companies are meant to make profit. To what point this market change will have the opposite effect of making people leave the game instead of spending money remains to be evaluated. But, as a matter of fact, I see a lot of young players, in our guild, get discouraged quite fast.

World
    Zeus
    Speaking of "out of balance"........ the game allows players to build as many coinages as they can fit on their island, given they have the desire to maintain it all. A simple solution would be to limit the number of coinages that can be built. Say 6 max. Much less gold in game, much less price inflation.

Putting on my flame-proof suit.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The massive inflation started at the gold tower give away, and then bolted up again when the awful coop adventures stole all the chances for real adventures to be found with explorers, so now no gold sinks, just more and more and more gold.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    more like this madness started with the rarity prov house and prem

World
    Zeus
    It started cuz we been playing sooo long many people have acquired their wealth over time. Now it's like real life - the rich get richer and the poor are those that give their stuff away to help others.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I dont know if i am convinced 100 gold coins a day is what did it with the gold towers. However i know i dont spend as much gold coin a day on adventure searches because i do artifact searches. With 13 artifact searchers that is almost 800gcs a day i save. Also i have just built up everything i was spending coin on and now i am hoarding coin.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    sooo... just to play devil's advocate here.
    No. This post is interesting but I think the problem is already fixed. Especially from a developer standpoint.
    First, low level players can get gold and building upgrades so much faster than when I was coming up, it's ridiculous. I get jealous and think to myself how very easy the game is now with SA being essentially 300coin, or free if you were here last xmas or have a guild. Then there is the gold tower, just producing a lvl 4 building every 24 hrs or so if you throw a basket on it. Yeah things like leveling and getting lvl 4 buildings used to be tough, had to sell your granite to do it then farm more, or like most just buy more licenses to get a high enough production to finally produce the gold to upgrade past lvl 3. So the game is cake right now for low lvl players. And all the lil resources produced are worth more. So that's a good thing as most high lvl players star and hoard which means lower lvls (really less strong 50's) can sell. Now all the lower lvl players' lootspots are worth more than they used to be.

doh, I have to go to class I'll finish this later but you get the general idea. Players still have to buy gems because the gold needed for buildings is relatively tough to obtain. And lets be real. Half this thread is about the multi-millionaires being upset their stashes are losing value. I wonder if the uber-rich in the United States are *really* that worried about the devaluation of the dollar. Something tells me they'll be fine.

My solution: Millionaires dump all your coin into the market. Just start giving it away. It will be pandemonium, and hilarious. Then the price of gem buildings can be more viable to buy with the coin you give out. Hence developers will be forced to find a coin sink for everyone or else nobody will buy gems anymore. That's all.

I love the idea of making a high level coin market similar to the guild coin market though Make freaking Nords 2 available for 15k coins, RBN for 8, MSE 6. Because even with a pretty strong island it feels almost impossible for me to get FMs because I've only ever purchased 1 gem pit. FMs kill me :x
    The real problem here isn't inflation, it is that there is nothing for people with lots of gold to spend it on, so they are just hoarding resources and FMs etc for a rainy day and not releasing them into the market. Everything is about to change though. Lets see how things look after island expansion.

Also "lolAres" - Zeus

Reply to Thread