Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Too much gold?

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    sooo... just to play devil's advocate here.
    No. This post is interesting but I think the problem is already fixed. Especially from a developer standpoint.
    First, low level players can get gold and building upgrades so much faster than when I was coming up, it's ridiculous. I get jealous and think to myself how very easy the game is now with SA being essentially 300coin, or free if you were here last xmas or have a guild. Then there is the gold tower, just producing a lvl 4 building every 24 hrs or so if you throw a basket on it. Yeah things like leveling and getting lvl 4 buildings used to be tough, had to sell your granite to do it then farm more, or like most just buy more licenses to get a high enough production to finally produce the gold to upgrade past lvl 3. So the game is cake right now for low lvl players. And all the lil resources produced are worth more. So that's a good thing as most high lvl players star and hoard which means lower lvls (really less strong 50's) can sell. Now all the lower lvl players' lootspots are worth more than they used to be.

doh, I have to go to class I'll finish this later but you get the general idea. Players still have to buy gems because the gold needed for buildings is relatively tough to obtain. And lets be real. Half this thread is about the multi-millionaires being upset their stashes are losing value. I wonder if the uber-rich in the United States are *really* that worried about the devaluation of the dollar. Something tells me they'll be fine.

My solution: Millionaires dump all your coin into the market. Just start giving it away. It will be pandemonium, and hilarious. Then the price of gem buildings can be more viable to buy with the coin you give out. Hence developers will be forced to find a coin sink for everyone or else nobody will buy gems anymore. That's all.

I love the idea of making a high level coin market similar to the guild coin market though Make freaking Nords 2 available for 15k coins, RBN for 8, MSE 6. Because even with a pretty strong island it feels almost impossible for me to get FMs because I've only ever purchased 1 gem pit. FMs kill me :x
    The real problem here isn't inflation, it is that there is nothing for people with lots of gold to spend it on, so they are just hoarding resources and FMs etc for a rainy day and not releasing them into the market. Everything is about to change though. Lets see how things look after island expansion.
    The "uber-rich" in the US do worry about the devaluation of the dollar, not because it is linked to their personal wealth (which it is not, because their wealth is in assets, not cash), but because devaluation of the dollar means people will not be able to spend money on things and keep the economy fluid. It is linked to issues such as raising the minimum wage and value of social programs. However, the same issues apply to the game.

The cost of doing a Surprise Attack is not related to the issue of coin, but more a result of the devaluation of map fragments due to the rarity provision house making them in bulk. However, the reason the loot spots have a higher price is not because they are worth more, but more that the relative value of the gold is lower compared to the consumable resources. The same applies to resources, that the value of these are increasing due to the gold in game. The differences in leveling buildings is more because of the fixed cost of the gold section of it, so that the few hundred gold coins needed are worth less than they were, making the upgrade less expensive in practical terms.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    If you saw the update, they plan to change the rewards on all of the adventures. What is valuable now may well end up greatly devalued, and the worthless maps may well end up having some value.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    What is valuable now will end up greatly devalued? from what ive seen, what is valuable now (damas, cannons, beans, gem items) will only go up in value.....

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I was thinking about the low and mid-level adventures. Some of them are worth a moderate amount of money, while others you can barely even give away. This can easily change.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    I was thinking about the low and mid-level adventures. Some of them are worth a moderate amount of money, while others you can barely even give away. This can easily change.
    Either that or those just drop too often.
    Still around from time to time.

Reply to Thread