Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Balancing combat - what is the goal devs?

Noble
    World
    Ares

Balancing combat - what is the goal devs?

There is a lot of confusion about this but few points are certain:

1. Devs didn't specify what are their goals with a complete overhaul of the entire game. This is where a lot of players get frustrated. We don't understand what are they trying to achieve. Some info would be very welcome.
    2. Changing the combat affects the whole game - economy specifically. Making recruits, bowmen and cavalry pretty much obsolete on most of the adventures will send ripple effects throughout all players.
    3. Making MA (the most expensive gen in the game) much, much less useful (testers say on most maps he under performs the vets) is a slap in the face to all of us who spend gems on buying 2nd one.
    4. Time. We understand the devs spend most of their time on the game. But we players don't. FT adventures are already enough time consuming. With the new changes even the easy ones will take more time.
    5. Time again. Using more Militia, Soldiers and Elite Soldiers will quickly run us dry since those units are not that fast to remake. It takes days to refill those.

What are the devs goals? Are we doing too many adventures, too fast according to them? Who is gonna do BK which will cost almost double amount of troops and time? All advance weapons are produced way too slow for us to make enough of them with the new changes. Do you know how long it takes to replace 200 Elite Soldiers? And how long it takes to make 200 D swords (granted you have all the materials for it). Removing weapons from loot drops? Not to mention the ocean of coal they will require. Where are we supposed to put all those coal makers? There is something seriously flawed here and I think it is not the changes but the goals of them. Unless you wanna lose half your subscribers...

You need to sit down and start thinking really hard about this. We asked for a slider to train more than 25 troops, we asked for pvp and we asked for more adventures. We DIDN'T ask for a complete overhaul of the entire game? And you say you listen to feedback? Wonder how many times a month...

Noble
    World
    Ares
    O my, someone was trying to do Clever Tailor. It might take 5-8k troops now and all your sac attacks will have to be done with Militia or Soldiers now. Bows are getting wiped same as recruits with little effect. Got stuck in 2nd sector running out of generals/troops to sacrifice Cheers.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    We were asking for 2 years now to change the slider and be able to q more units faster. Now BB found a solution. You will not be able to do 2 adventures a day - you will do 2-3 a week. Advanced weapons are much slower to make (1hr 12 per damasc sword - hilarious), and you will not be able EVER to remake your troops as fast (long training time and slow production of weapons). Additionally since most adventure will need more or less 2x (yes double!) amount of troops to do them you will end up doing one every 2-4 days. No more wining about the slider.

I think that is the biggest goal of this change. Shut up all the people whining for the slider Good job BB. Put your final nail in the coffin you were slowly putting your own game into. I don't think I have enough energy in me to remodel my whole island because of your changes to economy. Might as well look for another game.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    The real goal of the new combat system and the entire revamp on the Island production system is to stop the exploit of blocking.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Blocks are exploits? Since when?

And do you understand how much it cost in time/energy/calculations/patience/resources to do entire economy revamp? Have fun playing on empty server in 2 months..

World
    Zeus
    I do not believe that this new system is for TSO. BB has a new game coming out and goes into beta soon. If this combat system is implemented for TSO there will be a mass exodus.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    Blocks are exploits? Since when?

And do you understand how much it cost in time/energy/calculations/patience/resources to do entire economy revamp? Have fun playing on empty server in 2 months..
    Since they said they don't support blocks and that it's a Exploit. When I was a Community Leader and in Skype chat with them, I even asked if they think Blocking was a Exploit and they said Yes.

Empty Server in 2 months... UM... Dude, You understand that this new combat system will take a few months right? If they rush it (I hope they don't) there might be a lot of people locked out of there islands because of the revamp with the production system and adventures.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    I do not believe that this new system is for TSO. BB has a new game coming out and goes into beta soon. If this combat system is implemented for TSO there will be a mass exodus.
    No. This new combat system looks to be for TSO. well the new game coming out has it's own. but it will take them some time for them to get a "solid foundation" for this new combat system for TSO.

World
    Zeus
    plumz, u have some very valid points, could u please post them on the test server? the devs dont see whats posted over here.

and i agree...reducing the number of advs we can do in a day will run more players off than the rollback did

theyve seemed to lost the concept that this is supposed to be fun for us!
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with psaltery and think plumz has some very valid points that I have also thought about. I don't want to revamp my entire island and I have too much money tied up in the level 4 and level 5 work yards now to redo my island. I will find something else to spend my entertainment budget on if this happens.

Reply to Thread