Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it too soon to have a thread for the possible combat changes?

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus

Is it too soon to have a thread for the possible combat changes?

It looks like there will be wholesale changes that will require everyone to completely revamp their islands and change every single adventure guide and watch as the entire trade system goes much crazier than it already is now. Suffice to say, I expect to see nothing but an endless barrage of negative comments saying this will ruin the game, because people don't like change. Then I will assume we will see honest assessments by people not blind with rage. Many will quit, many will embrace it. I can't imagine it will be implemented before next year, so there's plenty of time to hoard weapons and play the quests you expect will get much harder to prepare for it.

All I know is that once this goes online for real, it's going to take literally a half-year plus for everything to settle into place again. I await the future ... unless, you know, I get to lvl 50 and then quit before the change occurs.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    It's not the change. It's a complete overhaul of the entire game. The production ratios are changed for the weapons. Imagine replacing 90% of your BS with Steel/Iron and Damas swords. Now calculate how much coal will you need to make them, how much time will you need to remake your troops. Granted you will have enough room to fit all of that. Most people will be able to do 2-3 adventures a week instead of 2 a day as now. Imagine the cost, time and effort to remodel your island toward this. This will be a different game, not the one you are playing now...

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    So basically the vast majority of people will quit now. I mean some change is fine, but most people simply won't want to start from scratch.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Here is the skinny about how the combat changes will affect economy:

10 Bronze Weapon Smith:
    Production – 5500 BS every 12 hrs (optimal placement near SH)
    Needs – 5500 Bronze Bars (5500 copper +5500 coal) +11000 coal

That allows me to train 1000 R a day – 1 adventure per day an average.

Most likely we would have to replace this with those weapon makers:

2 Bronze 1000 BS
    4 Iron 2000 IS
    2 Steel 300 SS
    2 Damas 150 DS

Needs – don't even want to calculate all the copper, coal and iron to make them. Additionally to make BS you only need Bronze smelts. You are going to have to pop some extra iron and steel smelters and keep about half the copper smelters anyway. Got room?

The total input will allow me to train 100R 200M 30S and 15 ES per 12 hrs
    Even if BB twicks a bit the cost down of weapons to make the units.. its a drop in a bucket.

I am not losing 1000R, 500M and 400S to do Black Knight and get some freaking salt. Are you OUT OF YOUR MINDS?

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Yesterday was day one of the first version of the possible rebalancing. As usual people panic and go crazy. There are things to like about it. There are things to hate about it. There will likely be many changes and several versions before anything gets close to being implemented. I'd advise people to actually go test it for yourself. It's not near as bad as most of the doom and gloom I've heard from most people. There has been good work done by many on test to understand and take advantage of the new rules. I'd expect a sim sometime in the next week if there isn't one already finished. I definitely prefer our current combat to Version 1 of the rebalance. But that doesn't mean we won't end up with something good by the time it's done. I'll wait to pass judgement until we see a finished product.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    This is way to big of a change for people to stay on sidelines. Screwing up MA, making R and B obsolete? Making them weaker I get it, I could sign up for this but not useless. The advance weapon makers are not even close to the levels of production that those new changes will demand in order to continue doing adventures. And additional to more demand - weapons are removed from the loot? It's not gloom or doom its freaking scary. I have been doing 1 adventure a day an average and I was very happy about it. Sometimes I did 1 epic sometimes 2 easier ones. Now? I'll be lucky to do 2 pr 3 per week. That changes the game completely.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Giving all enemies splash dmg renders our recruits and bowmen obsolete. That is not a mistake or a bug. That's BB move forcing us to use Militia Soldiers and Elite S instead. That move is very, very costly and putting hell lot of burden on all of us. Adventures will no longer be fun. Just a freaking chore to get to 50. And then what? Would you play a game demanding of you to do chores day after day?

They better adjust those changes fast...

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I often run 6 to 7 adventures in a day. I won't be happy if the final product is a system where we are having heavier losses that take longer for the same rewards. But I'm far from convinced that is the case. Changes will be made. Loot might be improved. This version u see on test will not ever make it to Live. Vent your frustrations with the new setup in the test feedback. Help them understand what your problems are with it. The next version that comes out may be more to your liking. Many people are just upset because it's different. I have no problem with a new system with different rules. Learn the new rules and adjust.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    As bunch of people from test forums said it in almost every post: "What is the (freaking!) goal of those changes?" NOBODY was asking for this. I would like to know as well. Heavier losses I can live with. Making some units obsolete - no. All of this so they can sell unlimited Iron mine? If those changes come life I see this coming next to shop within 30 days of the switch.

NOBODY was asking for this. We deserve explanation why suddenly adventures will cost double (or more) amount of troops and not only the number but also cost of them being advance units. This will change the entire game and like so many people I would also like to know why?

Noble
    World
    Ares
    You are forgetting a very important point here Methius. Not every player is 50. You might feel the change as a pinch, but this game has lots of players who don't spend gems on Vets, MA, and all the goodies. How will that affect their play? "Rich" (gems and resources) guys will adjust with time. How about the "less rich folks"? Doubling the cost of doing adventures will surely hinder their game and their progression. Did BB think about this?

Why not make few more epic advies (like FT) with increased reward/ risk ratio, with new troops of higher HP and dmg and let the 50ies go full steam wipe their barracks on those. That bugs me. Instead BB decided to overhaul entire game. It WILL have consequences...

Reply to Thread