Thread: New Combat System

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by psaltery View Post
    they only listen if enough people across many servers yell loud enough
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineah View Post
    I will go on record to say after reading and looking at the information so far it doesn't sound good to me. I can't see where it won't change the aspects of the game completely and as a cash spending player my money will go somewhere else if I no longer have fun with the game.
    Spend your cash on a Console... Be a Console gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobdog View Post
    I said it was acting as first strike. It made the first attack it is first strike. Where are you getting this other information from.
    It was Acting, However, Knowing Ubisoft, They may attempt to change that. I've seen them done stupid things in the past so it wont be no surprise if they change it. There is already a rumor that someone started saying that they will be removing the 2nd MMA.

Edit: Friend of mine told me that it's not possible to do 1 Recruit lootspot tags with MMA anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    That's the entire point. Adventures will become a chores, expensive, slow to do and even slower to recover. paired with the need to re-do your whole island.. Meh... some changes are just too much.

Well, Troops will cost less. HOWEVER... If you use the wrong troop on the wrong adventure, you are royally SCREWED in the adventure.... With them changing the whole island, its only because the reduced the recruit costs.... But Recruits will now be pretty much useless on the adventures in the new combat system. Will have to start using Militia and Soldiers more often and same with Long-bowmen instead of Bowmen.
    Last edited by RomanGodCamper; 09-02-14 at 06:33 pm.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Troops will cost less but not THAT much as it is needed for them to cost to replace 600-800R a day with 600-800M a day. It is not that hard to see your economy will not be able to support more than 2-4 adventures a week, not 2 day...

World
    Ares
    Troops will cost less but not THAT much as it is needed for them to cost to replace 600-800R a day with 600-800M a day. It is not that hard to see your economy will not be able to support more than 2-4 adventures a week, not 2 day...
    time to do away with the adventures for gqs...
    Still around from time to time.

World
    Zeus
    I imagine it will take time for people to get the economy sorted out, but that isn't the real issue. People won't be able to do 3+ Adventures a day because of how much time it takes to train Militia/Soldiers.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Lineah View Post
    I will go on record to say after reading and looking at the information so far it doesn't sound good to me. I can't see where it won't change the aspects of the game completely and as a cash spending player my money will go somewhere else if I no longer have fun with the game.
    This.

World
    Zeus
    http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...-combat-system

made that topic on test server to explain my thoughts on this, feedback in here doesnt do much....

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I am still kinda shocked BB haven't thought about this. It seems the devs don't know much about their game at all. Takes 5 iron mines (lev3) to feed 1 Iron smelter (lev5). How are we supposed to even make those thousands of Iron swords needed to do adventures when Militia will replace Recruits?

Clearly a sign of complete lack of knowledge about their own game. And there are many more. How can you drop changes like this into test KNOWING that there is no way in hell your design island economy just can support it? I can't take the devs seriously anymore. They're embarrassing themselves in players eyes...

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by psaltery View Post
    they only listen if enough people across many servers yell loud enough
    nope everyone has a voice....unfortunatly thats about the number of players that will be left ONE

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasmanicII View Post
    This.
    Like I said, Console time! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...-combat-system

made that topic on test server to explain my thoughts on this, feedback in here doesnt do much....
    Well, I only asked about the MMA. But if they can't reply to me clearly about my 1 question, then they have no idea what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumz View Post
    I am still kinda shocked BB haven't thought about this. It seems the devs don't know much about their game at all. Takes 5 iron mines (lev3) to feed 1 Iron smelter (lev5). How are we supposed to even make those thousands of Iron swords needed to do adventures when Militia will replace Recruits?

Clearly a sign of complete lack of knowledge about their own game. And there are many more. How can you drop changes like this into test KNOWING that there is no way in hell your design island economy just can support it? I can't take the devs seriously anymore. They're embarrassing themselves in players eyes...
    You got 16 Iron Depoists on your island, So if 3 Level 3 Iron Mines can support 1 Level 5 Iron Smelter, 15 Iron Mines can support 5 Level 5 Iron Smelters which can support about 4 Iron Weaponsmiths (All Buffed though). It will cost like 4 or so Iron Swords to make 1 Militia but you are pumping out 20 Iron Swords. So it might be okay with it. It won't be to bad, but once you get into the Steel Production and Above its just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    nope everyone has a voice....unfortunatly thats about the number of players that will be left ONE
    Just Ubisoft voices.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Exactly, it's not only IS production that uses iron. SS will be just horrid. As I said the production of weapons/training units will be a choke point on the amount of adventures we can do weekly. Don't even want to think about losing canons. 1hr 12 min per a cycle? And how much resources it takes? My head spins when I try to wrap my thoughts around this...

Reply to Thread