Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Combat System

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

New Combat System

Hello,

Ubisoft, I'm kinda curios on if the MMA (Master of Material Arts) general is going to be revamped with everything else because you are getting rid of the First Strike Skill. But with the MMA, he has:

Hitpoints: 1
    Damage: 450 - 500
    Accuracy: 80%
    Initiative: First Strike
    Skills: Attacks Weakest Target & Splash Damage

So, Are you changing that or what? I'm curious to know if you are or not.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    when i tried out the MMA on the test server it struck first so not sure where it keeps saying it is not first strike. I guess i missed that.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I will go on to say that i think the Damage should move up to 1300 - 1500 from 450 - 500. I think this would be more in line with the increase in the hit points of enemy unit types.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I don't think at this point they even know what are they doing. More people start to suspect they use their new game design and drop this in here. Now they are sitting back and watching testers trying to figure out what to do with this Bull c r a p. I know lazy when I see one..

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobdog View Post
    when i tried out the MMA on the test server it struck first so not sure where it keeps saying it is not first strike. I guess i missed that.
    Well, This isn't good if its not First strike anymore because it will be pointless and even a waste of gems for 7K on 2nd one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobdog View Post
    I will go on to say that i think the Damage should move up to 1300 - 1500 from 450 - 500. I think this would be more in line with the increase in the hit points of enemy unit types.
    Yes, This I agree, They need to increase the damage way higher because of all the increase of Hitpoints for everything. It will take a lot more effert to kill the Bandit Troops and that and it will be more "Strategy" based with the new Combat System, I think even with 1000 Dmg it will be fine. All Adventures are getting revamped and will be much much tougher then what they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    I don't think at this point they even know what are they doing. More people start to suspect they use their new game design and drop this in here. Now they are sitting back and watching testers trying to figure out what to do with this Bull c r a p. I know lazy when I see one..
    Well, Lazy, MAYBE... Putting Desgin on paper because it sounds good... YEP... Once in test does it look good... HELL NO.... The cost of recruiting troops is reduced which is nice, but the cost to make the weapons is increased and the production time stays the same... They will serioursly need to reduce the production time on the Pinewood Cutters/ Hardwood cutters and other buildings for this to all work out.

The only issue with everything is if they will listen to the testing players or not.

World
    Zeus
    they only listen if enough people across many servers yell loud enough
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I will go on record to say after reading and looking at the information so far it doesn't sound good to me. I can't see where it won't change the aspects of the game completely and as a cash spending player my money will go somewhere else if I no longer have fun with the game.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanGodCamper View Post
    Well, This isn't good if its not First strike anymore because it will be pointless and even a waste of gems for 7K on 2nd one.
    I said it was acting as first strike. It made the first attack it is first strike. Where are you getting this other information from.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    That's the entire point. Adventures will become a chores, expensive, slow to do and even slower to recover. paired with the need to re-do your whole island.. Meh... some changes are just too much.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    That's the entire point. Adventures will become a chores, expensive, slow to do and even slower to recover. paired with the need to re-do your whole island.. Meh... some changes are just too much.
    And when i hear that i thinkn that it must make sense for UBI i mean who wants people doing things all the time staying and playing more. It is better for them to sit and wait and and walk away and do things away from their computer ... Oh wait thats right that doesnt make sense at all. Stay play and pay should be their goal meaning they dont even need these changes.

Reply to Thread