Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doing adventures with tavern generals - test server

Noble
    World
    Ares

Doing adventures with tavern generals - test server

Did anyone even tried this? All the data is now tunnel through lev 50 perspective using MG and Vet generals. Did somebody tried doing DP, WOTS, IOTP and SFTR, Horsback with tavern generals only? How huge the losses will be on those? How long will it take to finish one?

And last and most important, will new players be even able to progress and how slow?

Lev 50ies will adapt no doubt. How about players under 30 without Vets, MG MA's...?

World
    Zeus
    try asking on the test server forums
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I like the answer here for players to see From someone on test server.

World
    Ares
    Yes there was at least 1 person i recall on test that was running nothing but tav gens and only troops available to lvl 26 or lower. however was not able to get past a cretin point with available troops because they would get killed before even having a chance to attack by first strike/splash dmg. (dont remember exact adv or anything like that though sorry)

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Thank you very much Bushy. I was talking about this with guildies and all of under 30 players were concerned about this. Appreciate the info.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushybraw View Post
    Yes there was at least 1 person i recall on test that was running nothing but tav gens and only troops available to lvl 26 or lower. however was not able to get past a cretin point with available troops because they would get killed before even having a chance to attack by first strike/splash dmg. (dont remember exact adv or anything like that though sorry)
    Probably Horseback adventure. They have a ton of First Strike units

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkleet View Post
    Did anyone even tried this? All the data is now tunnel through lev 50 perspective using MG and Vet generals. Did somebody tried doing DP, WOTS, IOTP and SFTR, Horsback with tavern generals only? How huge the losses will be on those? How long will it take to finish one?

And last and most important, will new players be even able to progress and how slow?

Lev 50ies will adapt no doubt. How about players under 30 without Vets, MG MA's...?
    i think it's BB's way of saying " Buy or Die"

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I would strongly suggest to all testers to stop testing the adventures using vets and MG and see first if it is even possible to do the easier adventures with tavern generals only using troops available to lev 26 and under players. Because if it is not, then all of your work is useless. see if you can clear DP, Horseback, WOTS IOTP and SFTR with tavern generals and without xbows and ES. If not - what's the point? How will people get to lev 50 if they can't finish adventure without gem purchased general?

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I dont think they realize this will require thousands of test hours by people that are able to produce guides to work out adventure balance....(most people dont qualify - see 4k elites lost doing an adv as an example).
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    I think BB don't realize a lot of things. Making changes to combat that makes impossible to do adventures for players under 30 without a gem bought general (Veteran) is just unacceptable. And how did BB even allow a change like this to go to test server is beyond me. No confidence at all... I would rant more but I just don't want to. I lost respect for the devs completely.

Reply to Thread