Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why advanced weapons failed - an empirical analysis

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I definitely agree - building 16 iron mines back to back is 80 minutes, along with 6 copper mines, that is 100 minutes. Players dont have that much time always to spare, especially back to back. Iron searching tbh i presumed i'd buy 8 more gifted geos from people.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    With the new changes, contrary players will have plenty of time to search for iron, build mines, upgrade them and buff them, because they will be doing 1-3 adventures a week instead 2-4 a day as now.

The game will be all about building your military of 3-5k troops (most advanced units) over a week and than wipe them all within few hrs. Rinse and repeat. How long will it take to make 30k damasc sw to train 3k ES to lose them in FT adventure? It clearly speaks about how lost the devs are on what is keeping people playing the game. Who is going to play a game like this where you need a week of preparation (not even commenting on the cost of all of that) to do 1 adventure? And where in the hell are we to get all the titanium ore needed to make those 3k ES since epic adventures rewarding that will also require to sacrifice ES to complete?

I am sorry but I give up explaining to people without common sense and knowledge of their own game. Any way you look at those changes (from adventures point, economy, trading, production, training units) there are things that just don't make sense. Not 1 or two, PLENTY. Noone argues that changes can't be made, just not LIKE THAT.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Awesome analysis Draconus2004. The bad luck is, that german logic is far, far, far away from american logic.

No-one understand why the battlesystem needs to be fixed. It is just lazy work, changing some numbers. Boring part about this "new stuff" is that there really is nothing new in it. Adventures will be the same, units will be the same - and the panic is the same.

We will of course adapt - but in less than 1 year - we're back to where we are now.

There are SO many irritating things (not all bugs/glitches) that could use attention instead.

BB's climax was the Christmas event. That was awesome. From there on....it just had to go haywire. WC 2014 event was a disaster. If the same dev that did WC 2014 is doing this....may we all have saved up a good pile of laughs.

I will always admire guys/girls that do the dev's job - like you just did Drac - for free. You are a neverending source of inspiration for many players.

BB - come on guys. You can do better than that. You got ALL the strategy players that has loved The Settlers for 0-20 years. For now.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    There is also the matter than coal mines take FOUR hours to search for the standard geologist and can run out in like 3 days at level 1. Having to have all of those smelters running under their new idea is going to require insane amounts of coal to keep even. As is, I can profit on coal without even building any mines. Under the new ideas, I will need to have at least a couple of mines going to keep up unless I want to build a tons of pinewood parts for cokers.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshko View Post
    There is also the matter than coal mines take FOUR hours to search for the standard geologist and can run out in like 3 days at level 1. Having to have all of those smelters running under their new idea is going to require insane amounts of coal to keep even. As is, I can profit on coal without even building any mines. Under the new ideas, I will need to have at least a couple of mines going to keep up unless I want to build a tons of pinewood parts for cokers.
    guild market: vote for the recycling!
    Still around from time to time.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Oh, wait. If I actually had every building on, I'd be in the red for coal. I've had stuff off for so long, I forgot about them.

Yes, I already voted for the recycling plant. I'm not in a guild though, so I'm going to need to do some trading.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I find the idea of these changes, if done right, great. Still, as seen by the changes they made today - they are clueless. Utterly clueless. bakery is 1/9th of the time consumed in a bread chain (1/13th if silo is counted, 3/31th if imp silo is counted). Also changing ratios on all chains - thats a lot of rebuilding and moving - and that WILL upset people. Only change ratios that are completely broken.

The basic inputs are where ALL the time is wrapped up: pinewood logs, hardwood logs, iron ore, copper ore, wheat, and water.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree - again. Bad habit. BB got 1 GameMaster on each server - what are those guys doing???? Have you lost the clue? You are for sure making bb look like fools, as what the PLAYERS see now is, that you have NO idea whatsoever - what the game is doing. So - get rid of the gamemasters and read the feedback. Okay - make the sacked GM's read it. He-he...

And still - if this "let's revitalize something old, and make it look like something "new" is from the same hand that made WC 2014 - throw him away - and do something better - ty. The guy that handled WC 2014 - should only be allowed to use a broomstick - not a keyboard....he killed a lot. You still don't get it? WC 2014 hero-in-charge promised the event would be eaiser for low-lvl's....he failed with a huge BANG. And BB are sure no-one noticed. Get a grip.

And in the final end.....the atrocity must be - get some gamemasters that actually play the game. Not some whiners that do a Nords following a guide.

The real moron part is.....you have allowed everyone to become lvl 50 now....when a player becomes lvl 50, he or she knows everything - overnight - and then you want to take away their incredible wisdom?. (but ofc - that is sarcasm.)

Can I pour wet milk in Moonlime' pants, pls?

I am loosing faith in humanity - one person at a time.

World
    Ares
    lol, but ok let's provide some good feedback to "show" them why it does or it doesn't work. They'll need that if they don't have a clue
    Still around from time to time.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    They SHOULD know what works. They should know that change in combat asking for sacing 100's of ES, S and thousand of M can't be supported by current design of production and economy. They should know players enjoy doing 1 or more adventures a day. They should know a lot of hings. But they don't. It is unprofessional, embarrassing and shameful. The test server looks like a plumber coming to your home and asking if YOU know how to fix your pipe? I am done expressing my disappointment in the dev team.

Reply to Thread