Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Acquring Guild Coins - new methods

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I think this is a great idea! As some have already stated, it could really help promote guild loyalty and stronger team work within the guild.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Overall pretty good idea, however that 8th slot might need some tweaking.
    A fair bunch of us trade ls with guildies, so that would inflate the GC market pretty fast if it follows normal loottables. I'd probably option to bind it to the XP reward, aka taggers only get a miniscule amount of guild coins, while the clearer takes away the honey pot (which "evens" out when you get a ls from your guildie).
    Thus using the 150gc example, one would get ~148gc while the tagger only gets ~2gc instead of both getting 150gc each.

I sort of doubt BB could ninja fix in another line that would distinguish genuine adventure sharing and and raising the 150gc for the same adventure to 250gc for example. Though this would likely be an easy thing for co-ops as everyone _must_ clear a section, thus the GC reward there could be higher compared t equal "normal" adventures.

A little or rather more pleasent incentive to buffing is very welcome to me as well, I might actually get around to buff anyone then, seeing as how I fall asleep inbetween every buff.

Both great ideas that just need a little more balancing and good to go!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I like this Idea in a way.. But I must disagree with it on the grounds that not all guilds are doing the GQ daily in Fact some never do and then they reap the benefit from us that do If this was to work I say make Guild Coins nontransferable.. make it where if your guild isnt doing them then you dont get them.. Then lets see how many worthless guilds stay open.. Plus put something in The Guild Market worth Buying. if all this was to Happen then I would be all for it.

World
    Zeus
    love it
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Hey oooohhh, I like it.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    The idea itself has a lot of merit, as it would increase the value of being in a guild and working together. However, for people who are in guilds who do the guild quest on a regular basis, there is very little advantage for this to be added; there is already a surplus of guild coins for these players. Similarly, the adventures shared by members for the guild quests already provide a guild coin reward - that of completing the guild quest.

The amount of guild coins should also be more consistent with it being a side bonus for an adventure, as opposed to the combined effort of an entire guild. The maximum coins for a daily quest is 136 (over level 46 in guild over 56 members); providing more coins for inviting guild members over other people to complete an adventure would eliminate any real reason to do guild quests.

As for bonuses for buffing guild members, buffing should be its own reward, and is already anticipated to be even more important to maintaining island economy. Providing bonus time for buffing within a guild, similiar (and stackable) with premium may be beneficial, but adding a guild coin reward would just create a massive influx of guild coins considering the normal amounts of buffs placed.

World
    Ares
    Do your guild quests
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Right-on! Great idea.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlime View Post
    Do your guild quests
    And eat your vegetables!

Good idea Hellvena.

World
    Ares
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback, I will forward everything to my team!

Cheers,
    BB_Endesmor

Reply to Thread