Thread: Game performance degraded after Sep 24th maintenance

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    it's all the gold you have in your star!!!! it craSHED THE GAME

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Today, the lag is so bad that the game is basically unplayable for me. It's even worse than it was last night.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    BB already stated on Ares that the timer shown when they are searching is a glitch. Given that it will not be around for long I don't think they will fix it.

World
    Ares
    Hello everyone,

Quote Originally Posted by Fuscus View Post
    - Game freezing for several seconds (it happens very often)
    - Buffs dropped on a friend are not taken - the Buff is greyed out, and shows "0". After refresh the buffs is active again
    - Geologists - time left in searches is incorrect - ie: it shows 3-4 minutes left, and after few seconds it jumps to zero and the geologist completes the search
    - Dropping resources from star menu to mayor house takes forever
    - Sending trades: sometimes takes 1-2 minutes for a trade to be received by the other player
    Today's unannounced maintenance fixed such performances issues.
    Please let me know if you're still experiencing them.

BB_Endesmor

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Unfortunately the problems still exists, maybe to a lesser extend, but they are still here.
    - Game still freezes
    - Dropping resources from Star menu to mayor house - still buggy - from time to time, after being dropped, the items are grayed out in the star menu but there isn't any message in the news Tab confirming that particular resource amount has been added to the storage. A refresh makes the grayed out item disappear.
    - Trades - in some instances it takes a long time between clicking on "Place offer" button and trade being displayed in trades window. Often, after the trades are displayed, the hourglass keeps spinning and we cannot post more trades. We either have to wait for minutes, or refresh.
    - Sleeping/waking up buildings - unless it is done at a snail pace, is not working properly.
    - Sending general to attack - sometimes the general is not leaving the garrison and obviously it cannot be retreated. However that is happening only on client side, on the server side he is attacking. If I move back to my island, then go back to adventure, the general is already on his way to the attacked camp. if the camp is close, in most cases there isn't enough time to make a retreat (assuming it was a wrong attack)

There are other issues as well...in most cases it seems like it takes longer time than usual for the game to respond to the user's actions.

World
    Ares
    Thanks Fuscus for your report.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    Hello everyone,

Today's unannounced maintenance fixed such performances issues.
    Please let me know if you're still experiencing them.

BB_Endesmor
    This is now Friday, and game performance is worse than it was yesterday or Wednesday.

(1:47Am wherever the forum server is?)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapdonius View Post
    This is now Friday, and game performance is worse than it was yesterday or Wednesday.

(1:47Am wherever the forum server is?)

Second this. Approximately 10:30 pm EDT on Friday evening here. When it took me five tries to get a geo to go out, I decided to quit trying to do anything in game until the freezing and lag issues are resolved.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I am seeing slowness in trade as well. Sleeping/waking up buildings I think is working okay, but there is slowness there also. Same with applying buffs, which can take up to a minute. I find it to be an improvement over the broken explorers and nothing particularly game breaking, but I agree about the overall extended wait time on many actions.

World
    Zeus
    OK, this is just too weird.......

Was waiting near a collapsed iron mine for geo to come back from an iron deposit search so I could get back to adventuring. Yippee! Deposit appears. Open build menu, select iron mine. Deposit disappears, collapsed mine reappears. 5 to 8 seconds later, Yippee! Deposit appears for second time. Mine successfully placed.

This is really kinda spooky.

Reply to Thread