Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Game performance degraded after Sep 24th maintenance

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Issues are definitely still present. For example, this morning, I sent one of my geos out to search for a copper deposit. As soon as I was done with that, I sent another out for marble. I got the notification that a geo was looking for marble. I went back to my star menu, and saw the first geo still available. He never went out. I had to send him out again. I have had that problem repeatedly, with geos and explorers, too. Sometimes buffs don't apply, either, and must be redone, and the same with placing buildings.

I had a skill tree open to upgrade one of my explorers. I was looking over my choices and trying to decide which upgrade I was going to take, so I had the menu open for a while. Every few moments, it would blank out and reappear.

And overall, it is running very slowly. Even the general game animations are slower than usual, almost like it is when you first start it and everything isn't loaded yet. But the effect never goes away like it normally does.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    OK, this is just too weird.......

Was waiting near a collapsed iron mine for geo to come back from an iron deposit search so I could get back to adventuring. Yippee! Deposit appears. Open build menu, select iron mine. Deposit disappears, collapsed mine reappears. 5 to 8 seconds later, Yippee! Deposit appears for second time. Mine successfully placed.

This is really kinda spooky.
    The server seems to be freezing for a few seconds at a time very frequently. Anything done during that time has to be repeated. What you describe would seem to be the same problem that causes me to have to send out a geo multiple times or place a mine several times before it "takes." The game is unplayable right now, and they need to focus on fixing the problems rather than adding cute little bonuses like a 20% geo/explorer time bonus.

Even my chat has a tendency to lag and freeze. At this point, I suspect I am going to have to cancel my guild's weekly trivia if the problems aren't resolved before then.

World
    Ares
    yes, it freezes A LOT.
    Still around from time to time.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    game stalls abut every 30 seconds to 1 min. stalls for a few (5seconds) at a time. also, whenever rebuilding mines or other resource plots, i will click to build and place to build, but will not show up in build queue or on the island.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    mucho mucho lag BB. something rotten in denmark and not going well on my island

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    just finished a adventure lost alot do to lag, if you have a avatar for lost connection seams you know your stuff is wrong fix that before you screw your old players with the new battle changes

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    So, BB...going to do anything about the lag that has rendered the game virtually unplayable. I, for one, don't care about the time being shortened for geos, explorers, etc. Would rather play the game with out the constant lag, screen, and chat freezes.

World
    Zeus
    BAh...

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    or maybe a ROLLBACK

World
    Zeus
    Bah....

Reply to Thread