Thread: Feedback - Enhanced Battle System and PvP

World
    Zeus
    More normal strangeness.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am not one to complain or to bash someone's hard work but.....
    not one part of this "PVP" looks like any PVP I have ever seen, I cant believe I stuck around waiting for this to come out man what a let down.
    why would you make us get new gen's and troops and everything I mean you might as well just made a new game called settlers PVP edition.

The whole point of PVP is to get back at people that upset you so what's the point in what you guy's just did?

World
    Zeus
    you could be attacking your best friends island and not know it. i wont play something where i dont know who im attacking. defeats the whole purpose of cooperative play, sharing with friends, and guilds.
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Honest the system isn't something where someone should care if their island gets taken it's part of the fun.
    Just attack away hope for the best and look at the system where it remains random as a way of preventing school yard bullies from taking over and ruining everyone's day. I mean lets be honest imagine you could pick who you could attack.... I can think of a couple people on the server who would never see the light of day again.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by LordB View Post
    .... I can think of a couple people on the server who would never see the light of day again.
    I feel much safer now.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobknocker View Post
    I'm having a hard time reconciling these two ideas:

"After claiming an island as the Colony, defenses can't be adjusted and it cannot be visited by the owner anymore."
    "For the first time players will be able to influence the fight directly. Each combat can be watched while it's happening on the map. It's possible to change the attacking unit type during battle."

If I can't visit my colony, I'm unclear on how I'll watch the battle unfold.

Sounds like I colonize an island, set X number of defenses and just collect the rewards until my defenses are wiped out via attrition. I can't ever go back to the colony, can't replenish my defenders, and can't watch the decimation of my forces.

Hmmmm.

You assume you can watch while defending, you can not. You can only interact while you are taking the island. So the Attacker has the advantage
    Zeus Artillerist {Gnomelot}
    Ares AAtillerist {Weeble Nation}

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The way the new units work is much like rock-paper-scissors. As for 'Colony Defenses', first: most of the 'building lots', which are the only allowable places to put defenses, are in locations where the opposing player need not engage them, thus, worthless; second: imagine playing 'rock-paper-scissors' with someone where you have to declare your selection before he has to reveal his; Hmmm, guessing he's not going to lose a lot.
    And as if this weren't bad enough, from what I've seen in the couple I've done, the defenses are subject to attrition. Granted, it seems that if someone else has attacked the island before and failed, then the troops/marshalls available are reduced, according to his losses. So apparently, the idea is to have a couple of morons attack you first in hopes that someone competent will be unable to bring enough troops to the party to win regardless of his advantages. Yep. There's you a test of skill alright.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i'm about out of here they could have done this with messing up all the other parts of the game, looks to me like they only want to rip us off. & only saying that after spending 100's of bucks over the last 4 yrs

Good Citizen Award Recipient Domesday's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    I am actually having fun - BUT - my titanium output from colonies is not registering on the achievement scorecard. (gold and granite DO register - and have not yet bothered to conquer an exotic wood colony.)
    Domesday
    Guild Leader Emeritus
    Sammy's Lost Legion
    "I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."
    Nikos Kazantzakis

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    How r we going to test the server when it goes off 5min later

Reply to Thread