Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Explorers struck Dumb

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I have plenty of gold ore that I can easily mine more of. And 7 titanium ore. I already planned to skip that part of the event anyway since it did not seem like the reward would be worth it.

World
    Ares
    "Well it is a "For Profit" company and have payrolls, equiptment, and taxes to pay. So yes I'm sure that money is a big factor in how they set up events. But there are lots of pumpkins to be had in trade." (From the "No pumpkin spawns" thread.)

Well good for them. I hope they get all the money in the world. I hope the have the newest and the best of all equipment and the coolest office of all to put it in.

"I already planned to skip that part of the event anyway since it did not seem like the reward would be worth it."

I did intend to do the event. I stock piled titanium ore and have been buying it all day everyday. I've been buying for months trying to complete an epic adventure alone. Beings as things are so out of balance anymore, I set my island to produce gift baskets and sell them at nauseum all day long to buy what I need. There's 30 or so still in my star menu and I could easily produce another 10 or 20 more right now. I purchased the gems and bough lots of chocolate rabbits. I buy all of the titanium as soon as they go on the TO. This mouth the price went from roughly .75 gold a piece to 3 and 4 a piece. (450 ore for 300 coin to 100 ore for 400 coin.) I've spent 10's of thousands of coinage on this event. Then it occurred to me last night. This event is impossible to complete unless you work for BB and can take advantage of the special button. You see, there isn't enough titanium ore. After that last event's fiasco, all the top players sold those storehouses and went to level 50 and out. There hasn't been much titanium ore on the market since. To kill the golem and get the 40 pumpkins, I have to trade hundreds of pumpkins to get the ore.

Don't say do adventures. I've done many, MANY, of them and only received pumpkins from one and I have to constantly do IOTP as a guild quest. Right now there's a "new adventure" guild quest sitting there undone. The cancelled one last night was IOTP. All those level 50's pretty much stopped playing and the few who still come back occasionally don't want to and can't do ALL the adventures for everyone in the guild. That makes them stop signing in all together and play elsewhere.

The 3rd principle in business is "Offer a great product or service. The excellence, appropriateness and price of your product/service account for 90 percent of business success. This is the key focus of businesses that thrive and grow in any market."
    Was the money I paid to play this game worth it? I could have purchased a Xbox console instead or dozens of games on Steam. "The service", does anyone want to read the replies I still have in my inbox from customer service, or even better, the number of tickets I sent and NEVER got a reply to? "The excellence, appropriateness of your product", I could have bought Xbox but paid to play here instead. Then, I spent months producing and selling gift baskets wasting that on this event only to find out I have to spend thousands of PUMPKINS to kill a golem and get 40 pumpkins...Do I feel disrespected as customer? After the fun has been ripped away, can I sign in one more time to painfully take hours to place wheat fields, wait 4 hours to place the coal mine? The answer is, thanks BB. I bought two really cool games on Steam this weekend. I love them a lot. I know they won't try to scam me and make themselves unplayable in the end. They won't mess up my end game trying to choke more money out of me because they WANT it.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    BB's biggest mistake is NOT making this a pay 2 play game all the free players complain on how hard it is to get stuff. spend real money and you can get all you need/want for every event. don't spend real money and scratch the barrel for the crumbs at the bottom.....simple

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    This is why I did not bother doing the last soccer match either. Though I may not have "completed" the event, I found it extremely lucrative to trade the collectibles instead.

Reply to Thread