Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Explorers struck Dumb

World
    Zeus

Question Explorers struck Dumb

So every year now our explorers have found Easter Eggs and Christmas Presents Every 2 years they have found Soccer Balls.

YET......

They are too stupid to find Pumpkins???

Every event has its own adventure islands for resources except Halloween???

Every event you can get resources from running the standard selection of adventures...... oh look that one made it for Halloween I'm amazed!

So Blue Byte what's up?

Why did you make the explorers stupid?

Why no event adventures?

I tried to post this once before but you seem to have deleted it why is that?

Guess if someone points out how this event is lacking in special resources or comments that this event is set up so if you want everything your either getting gouged by the players on the trade house or by Blue Byte for real money SAD!
    If at first you don't succeed blame someone else!

World
    Zeus
    As another who has been here since closed beta, I tend to agree with you. I think TSO is very short handed.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I would like to comment on the lack of pumpkins from our explorers. I know we got pumpkins with them last year I remember that was why I spent money to buy more explorers was so I could collect more during special events with the explorers. I am not at all pleased that they have changed this part of the game. They get plenty of sales from North America and that shows because they don't give us the type of sales that the Europeans get with the large bonus packs of gems. I have not purchased gems this year so far for my game playing because I am not happy with what they are doing to change the game. It is fair to expect an income from it but they gouge us because we are a nation that is known to spend lots of money on entertainment, well there are other forms of entertainment and my money will go elsewhere if they can't give me entertainment that is worth what I spend on it.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    we did NOT get pumpkins from explorer last year or any year...

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    but it did seem a lot easier to get them from collectables on island and from quests.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    There were never explorer pumpkins. The spawning on islands has always been totally random. I don't remember how much you received from quests last time. I think I like this year's method for the golems better than last year for the lower levels. I'm not keen on the titanium for the top golems though since that's a rare resource and not something you can build up on your island. I've yet to get any pumpkins from adventures though, so I can't comment on if that's changed.

World
    Zeus
    A guild member did 1 adventure got 12 pumpkins off it so eh if that's the norm that sucks vs. the resources She had to spend doing the adventure.

Others are right we never got pumpkins from explorers (or not that I remember) Which is kinda my point we need more ways to get pumpkins than we have now its just too little vs. the cost of the special items.

World
    Ares
    I got 70 pumpkins from a Tomb Raiders and 60 from Nords. They do pay them sometimes.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Looking back at the information from last year's event, it is the same that additional pumpkins come from the pumpkin patches, not from the explorers. The golems this year are so far better than last year, with the lack of carpal tunnel-causing buff creation and use that was the primary characteristic of the previous event.

While I would have asked for a better resource than titanium to be chosen for the third tier set of golems, I am not sure that gold, the next obvious choice, would not have been even more controversial. As it is, aside from its use in the currently generally unused weapon chains, titanium has been of the poorer value returns from adventures and explorers, with the need for granite and exotic wood. Perhaps once weapons are no longer found as adventure loot, it's value may have a significant increase, depending on the new formulas yet to be announced. Maybe we could asked it to be changed to saltpeter, which likely had had a same effect.

As for the adventures themselves. I seem to be performing on par with others who are collecting combinated data. It would appear that of the three possibilities of getting pumpkins (none, low, high), they are roughly happening about one-third of the time for each. While the resources you expend trying to do the adventure may not equate to the value of the pumpkins, the pumpkin rewards are an addition to the normal loot obtained and experience obtained; as the pumpkins would add value, it would mean that the pre-event adventure were also not worth it. However, these are adventures that I run normally as well, and frequently if possible - so that does not appear to be the case.

World
    Zeus
    @Aurboth well gold ore I would have no issues with as that I can mine endlessly on my island. Although I doubt unless the pay out is fairly good I would do a lot of the golems.

As to adventures I have for a long time had the position that adventures were not really paying well vs. resources used which is why I am still not 50 after having played from closed beta but.... that's just how I feel I really would love an alternate method of getting exp. like they have in Anno but eh.

Reply to Thread