Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Dev's Diary: Colonies and PvP

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I just want a general wearing a pink barrel like the one in the photo. Maybe for Easter?

As far as the loot tables, we'll just roll with the changes and find the next adventure with the best return on investment. Maybe it's not RB anymore, but I can tell you in IotP I don't care about the weapons in loot I just want the granite or iron/gold deposits anyway. And with a modified fast run, I'm doing that with <300R losses in 28 minutes so it comes out okay. In fact, that's just about ruined me for even unsanctioned blocking now (surprisingly sanctioned in colonies).

Most important thing is to make the colonies relevant back to the main island somehow, that I completely agree with... 42 granite a day isn't going to do it, I have tavern explorers that can do that for three clicks. And as much as I would like to expand Homerica to include both North and South Homerica, I've enjoyed 2.5 years of gaming here without ever having to beat another player... so colonies for the sake of colonies will be fun but not hold me long.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Are all the worlds going to this or is there just 1 server opening up with this option? I would like to know. I have played games that are pvp and they get vicious and get real life personal. If you could please give me an answer I would greatly appreciate it.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by jBowl1975 View Post
    Are all the worlds going to this or is there just 1 server opening up with this option? I would like to know. I have played games that are pvp and they get vicious and get real life personal. If you could please give me an answer I would greatly appreciate it.

All I know is that the dev's diary states:

First things first: Don't worry - your island stays safe!
    PvP won't affect your home island. It's an optional feature.
    Still around from time to time.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I believe all servers are getting at same time. With that said at least on test you didnt know who you were attacking and you didnt know who attacked you either. Could be a friend or someone you dont know.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    It is a very impersonal system, it really isn't designed to foster grudges... you would have to be slightly imbalanced to get upset if you lost one of the generic 'colonies' as it stands now.

The best way to look at it is new content to master and not really pvp since the player really invests nothing into the 'colony' you might be taking.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    If it is just an option for those who want that I am good with that. I for one like it the way it is and don't want to do the pvp. So if I have the option to play it the way it is or pvp then I will stay. If I have no option and will have to do the pvp then I will leave. But it is sounding like it is a choice whether or not I want to play the pvp or not. If I have the choice I will be happy.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    anyone else notice that the IOTP adventure is gone from the store in the test server? as is ability to make map pieces?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    You can still make map frags

Settler
    World
    Ares
    but IOTP is gone?

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    sounds like all bb games in one.