Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback - Re-balancing of the old combat system / production / adventures

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    He is a few points:

First off i get the point with the complaints that are coming in about PVP.. I agree that the rewards are too small and arent creating a need to do them. The rewards need to be adjusted and better thought out. Like add grout to the list or something worth going after.

Second off Fairy Tales are still easy to do and people need to stop complaining about losing a few more troops as I Do one FT a day just as I did before the change so to say you cant do fairy tales anymore is crazy.. Learn to use a sim and stop taking the easy way out. BTW This loot is good.

Third thing is can someone please tell me what in the world you guys are thinking about the rest of the adv loot.. what format and I hope you used one that made you give out loot that is less than the required goods to do a adv. I know for a fact that some of these loots are a crime to take in after doing a adv. I understand you want weapons out ok kool.. But give us some to work with other than 200 copper ore or 250 Iron ore: What are we too do with that junk.. or worse yet Fish food or meat depos.. thats just insane...

Overall I support the changes but you guys really do need to fix the Loot Balance if weapons are out Fine.. put something in the loot to make Advs worth doing because right now and this is a Fact only Advs worth doing is Tailors and thats it anything else is a crime to do. Oh and Whirlwinds for example a CoOp you guys pushed so hard for us to do earlier this year loot is so bad that it dont cover 1/3 of the loses.. Come on for real.. Thats just crazy

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Agreed the co ops seem to have been hit really hard. You have to take into consideration that they are already unpopular due to the fact 1 player can go MIA and jam the entire system up. Make the reward worth the effort, as they are a better mechanic for the game than the endless LS selling as companionship.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmsown View Post
    thanks for the support omega. I did read patch notes... specifics were suspiciously absent.

First of all, it was not mentioned in the patch notes AT ALL. There was a link to the Dev's diary for more info on PVP. NO MENTION that you had to read through Dev's Diary for changes to EXISTING adventures.

Secondly, you had to scroll way down past the PVP info (which I had no interest in) before finding this:
    Epic Raid unit Rebalancing
    Some of the units used in the Epic Raid adventures were rebalanced.
    Hitpoints and Attack damage were changed, some units can deal out Splash Damage.
    Also, the amount of XP for defeated units was adjusted in some cases.

Every player I know refers to the "tailor" adventures as fairy tale. My mistake in not knowing they were actually called "epic raid". No mention of which adventures, which enemies, or what "splash damage" would entail.

If you feel this is "very clearly stated", then you and I have totally different versions of "clear".

Again, thanks for your support.
    Fairy tales are not considered epics. The epics are SE, BK, DB, and RB. I didn't know the FTs had been changed too!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raubhautz View Post
    *I picked a random poster to address this matter and throw my 2-cents in as there are many similar comments*By saying they were increasing our production, all they did was lower the TIME TO COMPLETE the respective cycles for the buildings;
    that IS increasing production
    the result is that, yes in the same amount of time, we output 2x the output... However, this is NOT the same as a buff where we get a 'free' 2x/3x/4x and etc., but we are using 2x the resources to build the items as well,
    that means when you do buff them your buff is that much more effective
    resulting in a tremendous burden on our coal, iron bars, iron ore, bronze bars and copper ore (titanium bars also if you normally have these buildings awake).
    so buff the raw material production or sleep half your BB buffed production buildings

A more acceptable plan would have been to 'buff' our buildings or some equivalent process that actually gave us a bonus resulting in 2x production. I am sure that in all the tools for designing this game, such a thing would not be terribly difficult.
    if you can't understand that the temporary BB buff we got isn't quite literally the BEST buff we have ever had then there is nothing we can do for you

edit: also the BB buff was annouced a couple weeks BEFORE maintenance so you had plenty of oppurtunity to start stockpiling on resources then, it's only your fault that you didn't keep on top of the upcoming changes.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by popknotsonu View Post
    I would like to see the weapons added back to the loot please. Would like the Splash Damage of the MMA to be returned and in proportion with the original damage as before the changes were implemented please.
    MMA's have not changed at all and I did confirm that to be the case (also haven't heard of any bugs regarding the MMA)

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by MourningCloak View Post
    Fairy tales are not considered epics. The epics are SE, BK, DB, and RB. I didn't know the FTs had been changed too!
    The merchant tab called "Epic items" is almost exclusively fairytale related stuff. Yes when mousing over the adventures it states fairytale not epic however since the merchant tab does say epic and they have been out long enough for you to know that, I really don't see any reasonable confusion here.

World
    Zeus

Issue with 'adjusted' loot in existing adventures

Something that would probably help players see what they can expect would be to publish the items and quantity ranges that could be expected in the adventures. cempire.org had been doing so, but their tables do not reflect the current offerings. A nice example is as follows:

“Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

World
    Ares
    nice, what adventure is that with the FM or is it the old Nords 2?
    Still around from time to time.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Raub really only complained about getting the deep shafting from Invasion of the nords. Which seemed like a really reasonable complaint to me, and I'm probably one of the harshest critics of the whiners.
    He definitely had read patch notes too. You can see from his posts he was trying to illustrate to others what the changes did.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlime View Post
    nice, what adventure is that with the FM or is it the old Nords 2?
    ...precisely what it is; the old Nord's 2 as it is affectionately known. Be awful nice if BB gave us more of a clue of what we can expect from the new and improved adventures/loot... especially if we are expected to cough up gems.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Reply to Thread