Reply to Thread

Thread: Free Moving of buildings

World
    Zeus

Question Free Moving of buildings

So um yeah..................

They made it so we can move buildings for free ... with a 1 minute cool down???

So its free but I have to wait for 1 minute to move the next one this makes no sense if its free as a kind of perk for us why not let us just move them as fast as we can so we can be done?

I have like I am sure most players LOTS of buildings to move them all is gonna eat so much time, Time I really do not have yes yes its free for 2 weeks you say um yeah some us have lives to live and work to go to and families to be with.

This 1 minute cool down eats what little time I have to play the game and keeps me focused on just moving buildings this really should be removed so we just get on with it.

Please if you agree with this post in this thread saying so and hope someone is paying attention that can change it.
    If at first you don't succeed blame someone else!

World
    Zeus
    Mass moving of buildings in rapid succession crashed people's islands and they were unable to log back in.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    So um yeah..................

They made it so we can move buildings for free ... with a 1 minute cool down???

So its free but I have to wait for 1 minute to move the next one this makes no sense if its free as a kind of perk for us why not let us just move them as fast as we can so we can be done?

I have like I am sure most players LOTS of buildings to move them all is gonna eat so much time, Time I really do not have yes yes its free for 2 weeks you say um yeah some us have lives to live and work to go to and families to be with.

This 1 minute cool down eats what little time I have to play the game and keeps me focused on just moving buildings this really should be removed so we just get on with it.

Please if you agree with this post in this thread saying so and hope someone is paying attention that can change it.
    I do agree, but if it's causing people's islands to crash, then I can see a bit of a cooldown; however, a whole minute is expensive time-wise for those of us who have limited time (as noted above) to play. If you can't take away the cooldown, then cut it back to 15-20 seconds. That should be sufficient to keep people's islands from crashing.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I disagree for the following reasons:

1) This is a feature became free for everyone on the server. Which means multiple people are using this feature randomly throughout the day, possibly hundreds at that one second. With that cool down of one minute they can guranteer a crash won't happen on the server side instead of individuals islands repeatedly throughout the day.

2) They elected to let us move buildings for free. They didn't have to.

3) We all have lives to live. Let's say you only have 30 min to play twice a day. That is equivelent to: 15-25 buildings per session. Let's say you can only do 10 per session.
    10x2=20 (daily)
    20x7=140 (weekly)
    140x2=280 (for 2 weeks) buildings moved. Granted certain buildings can't be moved (for example storehouses). Yes I know some people don't even play 1 hr per day but I was using an example.

I was fine with 1 minute cool down. I would rather avoid losing access to the game for more then 24 hrs or longer until maintaince. Generally whenever my island crashed I had to wait until maintaince or the following maintaince. I won't complain about the 1 minute cool down if that prevents me from losing access to the game.
    I am [IW] Ezequel Sarkar

I am currently in Immortal Warriors.
    I currently ranked Unsullied.

Playing since October 2011 in Zeus Server.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    This update initially went live on the French servers with a 30 second cooldown. After three extra mini-maintenances to make the game playable it was increased to 60 seconds. Exactly how much the two are connected isn't clear but with that, how rough things still are and the history of zone crashes/locks after moving buildings do you really want to experiment?

There are a lot of problems with this update, having to wait a minute to move a building isn't all that high my list of "What were BB thinking?"

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    well a 1 min cool down isn't bad when you move 60-70 lvl 5 & 6 buildings. my suggestion is "Don't move any these 2 weeks, and show them you mean business, then pay for it later"

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    lol I had to log out, game was slowing down something else I was trying to do. So I logged back in, and I can't move buildings free before maintenance.

Aaargh! I only had a few left to move, but I was sure I had until maintenance tonight to finish.

Even the free stuff is rigged.

Sorry for looking the gift horse in the mouth, but I have a plan. A plan!

And Congress just cut my move funding

World
    Ares
    I moved everything in these 2 weeks. Of course, I'm sure I can always find more things to move lol
    Still around from time to time.

Reply to Thread