Reply to Thread

Thread: Colony Cost vs "Benefit"

Noble
    World
    Zeus

Colony Cost vs "Benefit"

Okay, I "conquered" a small colony today, mostly to complete the quests that did not pop up as unlocked so building defenses and claiming the colony quests remain undone (ugh).

To conquer this colony that pays off 175 coal every six hours I lost 37 attack infantry, 54 attack archers, and 36 attack cav. I consider myself lucky, the way the camps were placed I only needed to kill three camps (two bandits and the boss, was able to skip all blocking and leaders).

Resources to build those units:

37 AI (370 Brew, 222 Steel, 888 Coal)
    54 AA (540 Brew, 3240 HW Logs, 3240 Iron Bars)
    36 AC (180 Horses, 2592 Iron Bars, 2160 Coal)

Total Resources:
    910 Brew, 180 Horses, 3048 Coal, 3240 HWL, 222 Steel, and 5832 Iron Bars (!)

I cannot think of a reason to run another one of these colonies given the "payoff" of 175 coal every six hours! Yes there was some loot, but the total loot obtained was not close to the value of the iron bars, not even counting the steel and other stuff.

The sad thing is I'll probably need to run another one of these to get the 1 star coin from the quest that didn't complete lol!

I really think they need to lower the iron bar cost of the sabers and bows or put finished iron bars (not iron ore) in the loot. And the achievements are going to take years to complete in all... I like to check off boxes but there are some I will look at for as long as I continue playing this game!

Anyway, my two crabby cents, thanks for reading my whine. I hope I am missing something?

-KH

EDIT: Also, two of the three defense camp locations I had to choose from were not in play the way I cleared the colony, so the ability to add defenses will not be very effective. I hope my colony island was just poorly set up and there are many other setups that allow more effective defenses.
    Last edited by KingHomer; 11-29-14 at 09:27 pm. Reason: Added defense comment...

World
    Ares
    Welcome to pvp. it was dead before it even started. BB prob has a automated mail response setup by now for everyone wanting a refund for the marshals they bought. I'm still a fool though and upgrading my armory and academy to lvl 5 as we speak while i hang on to the hope that BB might actually adjust the rewards gained to match troops lost.

Also on the defenses thing. It's still early but they are pointless. Give us the ability to place defenses ANYWHERE we choose to and not limited to some spots.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Welcome to the devs mindset. Waste tons of your resources, time, effort and coins for... few hundreds of coal. Every MMO game that does pvp gives some serious rewards for players engaging in it. TSO gives you.. well you know what. Seems the devs are just completely out of their wimps about the reason people playing online games. But, hey if you watched the video of the devs you can easily see how excited they all are about the pvp. Seems they are the only ones excited :P

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    It does seem odd the way they did things. First of all having to make another whole Army to do PVP and one to do adventures is kinda silly. I do like the que for weapon production, although I wish they would just let you Type in how many bows you want instead of groups of 25. I am building 100 archers I need 600 bows and done. Also I thought that the colonies would have random nodes on them that you could build mines on thus temporarily increasing your resource production ( such as copper nodes and Marble) also making an island with several nodes hard to keep. Perhaps even having small Nodes for granite, Titanium and Exotic Wood groves. I would have liked to PVP having been NEW Units that you could use in adventures as well, which would change the dynamics of adventures into actually making some interesting choices on taking out camps. Had the new units been say - Pikemen, Horsearchers, Handgunners, chariots, Great Swords, and so on would have given you something new to fight with in both adventures and Colonies. The way they did it Provides no incentive to get colonies for meager rewards and the general nerfing to adventure loot has also made it worthless to do outside of XP, and star coins/beans. My Friend and I are casual players and finished a Nords one night and to my surprise 2 of my loot selections were 100 Pine logs. That just seems out of place for adventure loot. I do like several things about colony battle though: I like the speed at which you attack camps, I like the switching of troops in between waves, and the abundant information you have on the armies. Although sometimes its hard to click on a camp/army through all the troop portraits.

Reply to Thread