Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Feedback - Dev's Diary: Christmas Event 2014

World
    Ares
    I think the event was good overall. The buff adventures were fun to do! In the future, it would be nice to be able to get some other cool buildings with presents. Of course I loved the RPH buffs! A 3x buff - 24 hour buff and the medic buff would be good ideas, too. It's the Christmas event so having better drop rates and special buildings in those boxes you buy for gems would've earned you more gems this year. Something to think about
    Still around from time to time.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    I think I bought everything I wanted by about day 3. There seemed to be a lot less use for event items than there usually is. The good thing about that is that I was able to stock up on a ton of grout, which I have been ignoring since it was introduced because there was way too much else to buy in prior events. Would have rather bought a bunch of Return to Bandit Nest like people did last year, though, especially as the Bandit Nest adventure itself has been nerfed to the point of just about useless.

Irma's feast is awesome. One of my favorite new additions. This makes the buffing process so much easier to manage and less of a chore. Small glue is very nice as well. Works perfectly to let me make the longer books without having to skip a cycle. These recipes are a nice feature, and I look forward to more. I bought all of them just in case, even if I don't think some of them are of much use.

I felt the frozen manor was kind of meh as a final prize at first, but I do appreciate the population boost from them all of a sudden becoming common for a few days. If I were a new player, the sudden windfall of resources would have been a nice boost.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    It was great until phase 1 removal and this happened:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...Xmas-Adventure

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    My explorers paid for themselves, 300+ presents a day just off my 3 "booked-up" Lucky Explorers and the rest of the gang brought in another 200ish daily. Like the Poster above, I bought every recipe just in case true PvP ever happens and stocked up on grout - tons of farms and bakeries to make LvL6! Hope the Easter event goes as smoothly

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm a much newer player than many and don't have a huge stock of gem buildings and such. With that said, there was very little use for presents other than grout. I had everything I needed or wanted in just a couple days, so I was left with something like 7,000 presents and nothing to use them on but grout. So I now have more grout than I imagine I will ever be able to use considering how much granite I would need to go with it.

My main impression was that there was very little to excite players who already had an IPH. Some alternative building would have been greatly appreciated, even if it was just an extra FM. I also felt a bit cheated since I started playing right after the last Christmas event and, thus, had bought the IPH for about 4k gems. It was just under 1k presents during the event. Considering how very little there was to spend presents on, this was a steal compared to the gem price.

The calendar gimmick is not terribly exciting. But it's not terribly annoying either, so I'll rate it as simply neutral.

I guess my main point is that there was very little to excite even a fairly new level 50 player during the event. The main highlight, by far, was Irma's Feast, which I do give a big two thumbs up.

The main thing that I missed was being unable to buy RBN for presents. I would have happily spent every last present I had buying these, since my previous strategy of getting them from BN has been destroyed by the terrible loot changes. Even making them available for gems would have been better than not at all. Two thumbs down on this one. Alas that I only have two thumbs, otherwise it would get more.

From tales of last Christmas's MA boxes, I was also hoping to pick up some FM from these. From the feedback about the poor quality of loot from the boxes this year, I ended up not buying a single one. I suspect there would have been exponentially more gems spent if the MA boxes had been left alone from last year. Again, two thumbs down.

Overall, this was, by far, the weakest event I've seen since I started almost exactly a year ago. Far too many presents floating around and not much good to buy with them. Bring back RBN and good MA boxes and I think more people would have enjoyed the event.

Reply to Thread