Poll: Good idea? OR Bad idea?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Reply to Thread

Thread: Re-Building fields & mines on guild members islands

World
    Ares

Thumbs up Re-Building fields & mines on guild members islands

I think having the ability to rebuild exhausted wheat fields and exhausted mines on my fellow guild mates islands while they are away on vacation or ill would be a great addition to this game.... This could be a function only available to the members of a guild within their own guild and only on exhausted fields and mines, this would help the other player immensely to keep up their island while they are away!!!! Using our own resources to rebuild of course.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    I have mixed feelings on this. On the surface it sounds nice to be able to help friends or guild-mates when they are away and unable to maintain their island. From a practical standpoint, it may not be possible to do this for mines, as it requires a found deposit in order to place the mine. Thus the ability to actually find deposits would also be required, not just building structures. This also raises the question of whose geologists will be finding the deposits, and how long it would take for them to do it. Also, would it also extend to stone and marble sites, which would also be just as useful and not include the same issues of cost and building? Also, whose building queue would it use? Another set of issues is what constitutes 'being away' and when the person could do it. Ultimately, one person could then maintain most of an island functions for another person with this ability, limited only by the total storage capacity for the end products.

Of course, on a functional level, this ability is already present in the game. As long as the mine, deposit, or field has not collapsed, deposits can be placed on them to maintain function and keep them active indefinitely. The obvious drawback is that the deposits are typically more expensive than just finding a new deposit and rebuilding.

World
    Zeus
    would be too complicated to code, esp just for guildies. easier to just place wheat or ore depo onto their stuff before they collapse
    Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. ~Robert A. Heinlein

World
    Ares
    Having this ability available to members of the same guild would greatly enhance the belonging to a guild.
    Still around from time to time.

Reply to Thread