Reply to Thread

Thread: A Guild refocusing for a changing game.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

A Guild refocusing for a changing game.

I assume there's a good majority of us that has played for a long while in the game. The Sovereign Brothers (SB) is an old guild where at the time there was perhaps 2-3 pages of guilds listed. Now you can go page after page. Point is, within most guilds, I would assume there is a fair amount of high level players sitting around trying to occupy the time and doing their best to enjoy the community they have.

We're players that are eager to see what new changes happen. We have our share of test server guys doing advance homework on the latest updates. But we're faced with some realities about the game.

1) We're building up more level 50's
    2) What else is left when you're level 50
    3) One of my best guys moved on to other games
    4) My guild and myself don't like the colony/PvP addition
    5) Infusion of new players may jump start some live activity
    6) Dang, the new players are not so active

This is just some thoughts we have and things we face. It all accumulates to this one questions.

What do we do as a guild?

Our guild faces its standard share of ups and downs. Loot spot issues and controversy, people that take more than they give, I help you but you don't help back, etc etc etc.

So, it comes down to the community you have built with the guild. Mostly any high level player really has no more levels to gain but shows up to hang out. Help out where they can and so forth. This is where the guild refocuses. It's hard to compete for recruits or at least find the right kind of folks that will fit in. The game has changed, for us at least, to be an environment to have a live gathering. We do more between each person. We continue to do adventures, help out, share resources, throw goods at each other, compete who can do an advent the fastest, anything to keep us alive. You don't realize how inventive you get until you face those road blocks.

We do games, create games amongst ourselves, more than just weekly trivia. I've heard other things other leaders have done. We're forced to press forward in order to keep intact the community. Otherwise, at level 50, just pack up and go.

I just wanted to rant here a bit. Share some things that others might be facing too. You're not alone. All in all, SB has changed....for the better. We've refocused to key in specifically simple things but mostly value having a growing community to hang out in a changing game environment.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    and i'm sure everyone in a guild out there feels your pain. the main issue is that there is no real use for a guild, yes to help each other out and some chat, but no purpose for them. most of the quests are meaningless and hold up players that do complete them. i'm sure if there would have been something more guild orientated for guilds to do it would have made them much better. but now it seems most are there hiding alts and inactive players.

Reply to Thread