Reply to Thread

Thread: Results/Battles do not match graphics

Noble
    World
    Zeus

Results/Battles do not match graphics

I know other players have noticed odd behavior - gens making the same walks twice, etc.

This is intermittently affecting blocks too. I just tried a block on Horseback of all advents.

Sent three reg gens to block. Clicked major to Uproarious Bull leader too early, so he gets intercepted immediately. Retreat major. Major makes it back to garrison, so I resend him to leader. Note by now all the blocks have engaged, by both the timing (in fact, they all engaged during the retreat walk) and by graphics. Somehow the major gets intercepted on the second time I sent him, even though all potential intercepting camps were engaged before I sent him. The camp he was intercepted by was already engaged and that block did not fail - the gen returned with all troops intact.

I would have accepted one or more of my blocks failing/not lasting long enough because the leader was not killed in time. That would be user error as I had to retreat the major and resend, my fault. And note that despite my major retreating, being resent, engaging an intercepting camp and killing the leader at great loss o' cannons, one of the other two blocks did hold the entire time and the second finished just early (rats) at a large elite loss.

My issue is there is no way he could have been intercepted on the second run as the third blocking gen was engaged before he was sent and never lost or won the battle, so that camp should not have been able to intercept him. Of course I can't open a ticket because BB doesn't support blocking.

I have never had a block fail that I didn't understand the reason (generally user error on my part, slow connection so bad gen launch, risky block, etc).

With the one good adventure that can be run without blocking (IotP) no longer available for frags, and no real other solid choices that don't improve greatly (both efficiency and enjoyment) via blocking, I'm not sure how to continue playing my favorite part of the game right now.

I guess I'll just throw recruits at FT adventures until I finish one of those, but that doesn't require planning / timing / thinking / etc, just a lot of recruits and patience for MMA's to heal.

Until the graphics and battles and timing are reasonably in sync again, it's hard to consistently run adventures.

Coasting until this is fixed,

KH

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Call it conspiracy theory, but I think this weird generals behavior that started right after the change is not a bug. BB is making it hard for us to do blocking as they openly said they never intended blocking to be a feature of adventures. I lost few hundreds ES and Kanons on failed blocks and stopped blocking all together. Found which few advies are worth doing without blocks (yes they cost more) and stick to those.

Everyone thinks it is a bug.. what if it isn't?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    for me at least it only happens when i go back to my island after the attack is launched. when i come back, it's all out of whack. If i never go back and stay in the adventure for the duration of the attack (be it block or just a regular attack) everything is as expected.

World
    Ares
    The issue is a bug and we're working on it.
    This was not an attempt to make blocking more difficult.

BB_Endesmor

dsm-iv
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor View Post
    The issue is a bug and we're working on it.
    This was not an attempt to make blocking more difficult.

BB_Endesmor
    Hi BB_Endesmor - do you know if this will be an easy fix for them to sort, or is it as tricky as it is making things for us?

World
    Zeus
    Been one long lasting bug that started with PVP and is going to last through an entire event. Maybe you could let us all know when we can start playing again with an unbroken game?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Sent three reg gens to block. Clicked major to Uproarious Bull leader too early, so he gets intercepted immediately. Retreat major. Major makes it back to garrison, so I resend him to leader. Note by now all the blocks have engaged, by both the timing (in fact, they all engaged during the retreat walk) and by graphics. Somehow the major gets intercepted on the second time I sent him, even though all potential intercepting camps were engaged before I sent him. The camp he was intercepted by was already engaged and that block did not fail - the gen returned with all troops intact.
    Aside the hideous fail the game is going through...it was so far twice for me on IotP, a blocked camp wouldn't take off the aggro zone and keep intercepting my Gen(s). As it was the first block, being a long lasting and save one, I did try to rezone to my island and got intercepted again...wanted to refresh the game but the counter started already so I ninja cancelled the adventure before tossing a handful of E.
    Only happened twice so far on the same adventure and same block, can't put my finger to the cause though...I regularly zone back to my island or go afk after sending blocks (I know, so smart haha), so it only seemed like a super random thing to me.

For current ongoings...whenever I get the lag (which may or may not happen during the adventure but announces itself if a short freeze and timelaps), I started to assign gens and let them sit for some odd 5 minutes waiting for the system to lag one or two more times and see if my Gens got all the numbers they should have, once all confirmed I do blocks as usual, the ones I'm familiar with at least and ignore any intercepts etc from there on in...most all of the times the server adjusted it's own fail and everything turned out as intended, but that's gambling a bit...which we shouldn't do with XB/E/K on the line atm hehe

Of course I can't open a ticket because BB doesn't support blocking.
    Oddly enough blocking is supported in PvP, read their noob guide in the ingame Archive system
    And since we know PvP is just the same as PvE, I think we can start holding that against them haha

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm-iv View Post
    Hi BB_Endesmor - do you know if this will be an easy fix for them to sort, or is it as tricky as it is making things for us?
    Hi,

No, I do not know about that. I will keep you posted.

World
    Zeus
    We still have the whisper bug after 2 years. Lag is the "new" feature that we will have to live with.

Reply to Thread