Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tug of War Disscussion

Settler
    World
    Ares

Tug of War Disscussion

ok here is a discussion thread for the tug of war mainly be used for talking about what to do on the next tug of war also a score bored will be kept in this post.

so I posted this in the tug of war thread and it got blown off make your opinions on it please

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinthralix View Post
    I am sitting here checking through old pages and look at this you guys don't even need me. you guys fix each others number mistakes. thanks so much for all the help to each other.

Now feel free to PM me ideas you may have for the next tug of war...

Here is the info on it so far.

Instead of a Server Versus Server round of Tug of War I think it will be a color versus color.
    there will be two different colors up (unless otherwise strongly suggested it will be blue and red)
    and each TSO player will pull for their favorite color
    Time Limit will NOT decrease and unless suggested to me will not increase next round.
    the reason the time limit will not decrease less than 25 minutes is because I want Tug of Wars to last more than ONE day.

Feel free to post opinions in here will get OTHER people curious on what the heck is being talked about will get more action stirred up in here and such forth.

Further more I am going to try to find someone else to post the starting post and maybe put a slackers effort out into being scorekeeper will let me join my bother and sisters in arms. which is funny considering how ares and zues players may be shuffled together then dealt out to the different sides.

and one thing brought to my attention asking my friends about making my next move on Tug of War. it was made that it could be hard to figure out who is pulling for which side. and this is true but this is when attention to details is important two posts holding the same number and time post simply means they are both pulling in the same direction and both pulled at the same time simply move the rope to fix the error and move along. another thing that will help is notice their posts before. if GodRosen pulls for blue on a previous page it is most likely he will pull for it again.

any other concerns or thoughts please feel free to share them with your fellow ares and zues players here on this very own tug of war game thread.
    anything directly for me can be sent in a mail to me in game or send a forum PM.

THIS IS NOT A NUMBER CHANGING POST thank you for you short attention span of a "whats this? certainly not a number" and please carry on with the game

Sincerely,
    Scorekeeper,
    Vrinthralix
    Discussion thread woot! lol
    Tug of War III: UserName Wars

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    How do people select their color? How do you make sure that there is an even number of colors per side?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Biggest problem with color vs color or anything else for that matter is who are you playing against and what are you playing for? At least with Ares vs Zeus you have a known opponent with a built in rivalry and the "prize" being some sort of bragging rights. Doing color vs color you lose that and you don't know your opponent because then it just becomes a bunch of random names assigned to a team with no good way of contacting each other. One way might be to do guild vs guild if there is enough interest from multiple guilds you can either group guilds together or have round robin matches.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BelovedBrit View Post
    How do people select their color? How do you make sure that there is an even number of colors per side?
    Its the poeple's choice if it happens to turn out black versus white i can choose black but maybe i like white more maybe i don't post for a week because I'm torn on which one to choose its purely decision.

Also thats the fun of changing what is versus what each tug of war because zeus easily out numbers ares if all active players if both servers play zeus would win hands down every time at least with this one doesn't know who will tugging right along his/her side and they will never know at the start of each tig of war who will win. As compared to this round of tug of war everyone is sure zeus will win.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Arithoss View Post
    Biggest problem with color vs color or anything else for that matter is who are you playing against and what are you playing for? At least with Ares vs Zeus you have a known opponent with a built in rivalry and the "prize" being some sort of bragging rights. Doing color vs color you lose that and you don't know your opponent because then it just becomes a bunch of random names assigned to a team with no good way of contacting each other. One way might be to do guild vs guild if there is enough interest from multiple guilds you can either group guilds together or have round robin matches.
    Well one gets to have bragging rights in color versus color. Its which ever color wins is the better liked color. This really can go for anything as really at its core its popularitly and effort that determines which side wins.
    The only problem with doing guild versus guild is it would put that specific tug of war to only be played by a single server. i. e. Haven versus dance both ares guilds. If we were to do one guild from ares and one guild from zues it would go right back to a server versus server instead of guild versus guild.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am for something that has a concrete definition... as in the server VS server... like username a-m VS username n-z. The very reason stated above about color preference and other expressions of that (the example being not posting for the week) choice like deciding to start posting for the other color just rubs me the wrong way.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Another point is if people can post for whatever color they want i.e. this week feels like a blue week I think I'll post that. You know this week I feel red so I'll post that. This game will never end. Particularly since people like to troll and they'll do just that. Maybe that's what you want; A long drawn out game, but for many they will lose interest if the game goes longer than a couple weeks with no end in sight. And since there is no reward attached if it goes that long people will just get bored. I mean the game we are playing now has already gone over a month and I'm starting to find it difficult to get many of my own guild to stay motivated.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Lyrical_One View Post
    I am for something that has a concrete definition... as in the server VS server... like username a-m VS username n-z. The very reason stated above about color preference and other expressions of that (the example being not posting for the week) choice like deciding to start posting for the other color just rubs me the wrong way.
    I like the idea of name a-m vs name n-z - it's random and will include people from both servers on either side.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Arithoss View Post
    Another point is if people can post for whatever color they want i.e. this week feels like a blue week I think I'll post that. You know this week I feel red so I'll post that. This game will never end. Particularly since people like to troll and they'll do just that. Maybe that's what you want; A long drawn out game, but for many they will lose interest if the game goes longer than a couple weeks with no end in sight. And since there is no reward attached if it goes that long people will just get bored. I mean the game we are playing now has already gone over a month and I'm starting to find it difficult to get many of my own guild to stay motivated.

I am so glad you brought that up. that is something that would obviously be brought up in the rules. something to the affect of "changing teams mid game will be Frowned upon. to avoid confusion on which color you pull for please add in the first letter of the color you pull for so if a mistake is made which makes it appear you have changed sides it will be seen that you simply made a mistake and things will be fixed as the move along. Rule infractions will be enforced accordingly for those caught changing teams"
    its a bit lengthy but something like that would be added to the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Lyrical_One View Post
    this is already being supported. I may do that. or maybe do it by month or year joined since it is also seen on every post a person makes. or maybe eventually each will be done and we will new ideas

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    It could be North vs South or East vs West, or some other geographical division. Sorry if this was already suggested and I missed it. I was just passing through....

Reply to Thread