Reply to Thread

Thread: Valiant Little Tailor

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Valiant Little Tailor

I haven't done VLT for a while, so I have been getting slaughtered by the changes in the damage and defense by the camps. Is there a guide that has workable combat for this. Also for me the settlersonline combat calculator goes off try 200000 combinations and consuming over a 1G of memory to come up with solutions. I find it completely useless for this adventure. Was there a reason for the drastic changes. Case in point the 60LBR and 50RM used to be able to be defeated with 110R, 12C, and 129K. Using that force I got wiped out, doing very little damage to the LBR units. What is BB's point in making the adventures so much more difficult. As it stands I'm probably not going to do any fairy tale adventures. It is looking like you have to have a MMA general now to do these (again I can't find any guide or calculator that I trust). Can you no longer do this with veteran generals? Is BB forcing us to use all the new "bonus" units to buy from the merchant?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Ehhh welcome back and great point just looking down on the changes that have actually gotten better for us, albeit everything else pretty much went to sheets.

Updated FT guides can be found here
    Check the new loot for it as well. VLT is actually worth doing now unlike before.

MMA and time is handy at quite a number of camps in all adventures but not required by definition, you might toss alot more M/S on the other hand though.

The reasons can vary left and right depending who you ask...I for one welcome the FT overhaul.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you for the information. It was very useful.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Is there a combat simulator that has been updated with the changes? For one, the bears in VLT now have splash damage. So do the royal militia, longbowmen and cannoneers (have splash damage).
    Last edited by TinyJohn; 01-19-15 at 12:19 pm. Reason: added more information

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you, Ceruhe. Both of them seem to work fine. They showed the additional losses that I got from using an older guide. The 2nd one shows the attributes of the enemy troops too, like the splash damage that I mentioned earlier.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    The settlersonlinemaps simulator does not currently have royal cannoneers set right. I do not believe its reflecting their splash damage. I use this for the one camp in VLT that has royal cannoneers:

Major general 57R 79M 134X

Alternatively I think this works, though I haven't personally tried it:
    Wave 1 Tavern 110R
    Wave 2 Major 100R 170X

Reply to Thread