Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on building licenses

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Question Question on building licenses

When exactly do licenses get returned? For example - When a mine is depleted or when I tear it down?

Logged in this morning to four (4) depleted mines and zero (0) licenses.

Tore them down - still zero (0) licenses.

Can't get the hang of this - last time I wrote to support I logged in the next morning to find 7 licenses magically available to me. Does anyone else seem to have a problem tracking their available licenses? Yes, I have done the logged in/out, refresh thing many times.

World
    Ares
    When your mines deplete, building licenses are immediately returned. The process is so quick that it's not uncommon to use it up not noticing that you had it returned. You may wish to notice this when you see a mine very close to depletion. The same thing happens when you tear it down before exhaustion. If you still have no building licenses returned, then contact support. Have fun observing
    Last edited by Moonlime; 02-03-15 at 08:29 pm. Reason: added fun
    Still around from time to time.

World
    Ares
    Hello,

A building license will be returned to you automatically as soon as a mine has been exhausted. You will not receive an additional license for demolishing an exhausted mine, as the license has already been returned on exhaustion.

BB_Endesmor

World
    Ares
    I think classy meant before it exhausts?

World
    Ares
    In my experience, stone and marble mines don't use licenses, so you can let them deplete without worry. However, copper, iron, coal, and gold mines must be demolished by you before they are exhausted in order to get your license back. You get the license when the self-destruct has finished. I wait until the penultimate deposit has been deposited in the storehouse before I demolish, so that you're not wasting time for your mine to work on the one deposit that's not going to be turned in anyway (the mine collapses as soon as it's empty).

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidhak View Post
    However, copper, iron, coal, and gold mines must be demolished by you before they are exhausted in order to get your license back.
    You should get your license back even if the mines deplete.
    If you're missing some licenses, please contact support or send me a private message and we will look into it

Cordially,
    BB_Endesmor

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidhak View Post
    In my experience, stone and marble mines don't use licenses, so you can let them deplete without worry. However, copper, iron, coal, and gold mines must be demolished by you before they are exhausted in order to get your license back. You get the license when the self-destruct has finished. I wait until the penultimate deposit has been deposited in the storehouse before I demolish, so that you're not wasting time for your mine to work on the one deposit that's not going to be turned in anyway (the mine collapses as soon as it's empty).
    Finding deposits, such as stone and marble, do not use building licenses. The only building license you need for those resources are the respective masons, which do not collapse. The mined materials - copper, iron, coal, and gold - require mines to be placed on the discovered deposits. Placing a mine uses a building license. The building licence is returned when either the mine collapses naturally or the mine is demolished. No license is returned from removing a demolished mine, as it has already been returned. It is not necessary to manually delete the mine for the building license to be returned; it will happen either way. The only advantage in destroying a mine before it collapse is that it is still considered a viable building and you will receive the 25% return of materials for destroying the structure, along with the building license.

World
    Ares
    Thanks, Endesmor, I stand corrected. Early on, it looked like I had to manually demolish those mines that used a license in order to get the license back. In testing it today, I did get the licenses back when a few naturally collapsed. Yay! It makes my life easier.

World
    Ares
    yay!

Reply to Thread