Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Feedback - Sneak Peek: Easter Event 2015

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with most of the comments here: We like the ability to save eggs, pumpkins, soccer balls, etc. from year to year. I don't think there is enough "left overs" to impact a future event, and I think the loss of this ability will negatively affect game participation (meaning players buying gems for ca$h).

World
    Zeus
    pathetic as I have said before the end of the game is close they are getting despriate for money now

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    When the news came out about the 2015 Easter event the following was also said "Sneak peek is a brief information about one of upcoming game versions and may not reflect the final status of the content. After the game version is finalized, a corresponding developer's diary will be published." "May not reflect the final status of the content" is there clear and simple. The fact that anyone chose to spend coin or any other resource on the hopes that they could either purchase a MMA with last years eggs or make a whole lot more coin reselling those same eggs in a few weeks that they paid such high amounts on was personal choice. Just like anything done in this game is a personal choice. When buying based on what MIGHT happen in the future (because it's "always been that way in the past") you should be aware that speculating in futures can bite you in a game as easily as real life futures speculating. BB's/Dev's didn't promise anything concerning the eggs that I can see, they only showed us possibilities. People made assumptions and some passed those assumptions on as fact to others who chose not to do their own research, neither is BB's fault.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Why even make a new resource, when you could've just made the old one expire at the end of the event? Besides, making event resources expire doesn't hurt the people who hoard extra... they can get more. It also doesnt hurt the people who didn't play, they didn't have a chance to get any old eggs in the first place. Who does it hurt then? It hurts the people who couldn't afford an MMA last year. (Full disclosure, I'm one of them.) They likely won't be able to afford one again this year, and those eggs they saved won't help, neither will any version of an "old shop". This summer thing is probably geared toward those with many thousands of hoarded resources, so what the hell am I supposed to do with 174 eggs and 200 pumpkins? (maybe it'll have stuff that lets people get more of the old event resources, that would make it interesting... explorers coming back with 10 presents, 5 pumpkins and 3 balls)
    If you want to limit the number of MMAs available just don't raise the cap, make it the same one available in the event every year. I'm surprised they don't do that with generals already.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    well this is a "for-profit" company and i'm sure that running this game isn't cheap. so either buy gems during an event or quit whinning. it's like in RL if you want something others have you buy it, cause sitting around complaining won' get you it. with new eggs being the only currency this event I hope prices in trade go through the roof. I have gems and resources I just hope that long term players do their part in keeping the egg prices so high that all this complaining continues

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by DJHerbalT View Post
    I don't understand why it had to be so complicated in the first place...

"Dear Settlers,

This year will be the last year to use spotted Easter Eggs. After this year's event, we will be deleting all eggs left on the server. If you have Easter eggs in storage from previous events, this year will be the last year to use them, or lose them! If you missed last year's event or are a new settler and were unable to get the MMA in last year's shop, it will be available again this year. If you already have your MMA from the previous event, the Legendary Veteran is new and available to you and all players as well as many other great items! We have new items and suprises in store to make this the best Easter event ever! So, just as a reminder, the day after this year's event, all eggs will be deleted from the servers - use them up for great Easter items!

Happy Settling!

BB_CommonSense"
    Yep. Common Sense is what devs of most MMO's just lack terribly. Why introduce new resource if you can just announce this year as end of the old. Loud and clear so nobody has any speculations, illusions or conspiracies theories. And why new event resource - make it obsolete at the end of the event. whatever is left - poofed, gone. Give few items to spend event resource in low numbers (like buffs or depos) so nobody looses actually anything. PROBLEM SOLVED.

If you want some expensive goodies better prepare to buy some if your searches don't give you enough. Or purchase them for gems. Everybody wins. Players get their chance to get stuff and BB get their chance to get gem sales going. I never understood the idea of hoarding event resources anyway. I was short on eggs to get my MA and I bought some on TO at a hefty price, but I knew what I wanted and was stockpiling my resources for sale for 3 months.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    well this is a "for-profit" company and i'm sure that running this game isn't cheap. so either buy gems during an event or quit whinning. it's like in RL if you want something others have you buy it, cause sitting around complaining won' get you it. with new eggs being the only currency this event I hope prices in trade go through the roof. I have gems and resources I just hope that long term players do their part in keeping the egg prices so high that all this complaining continues
    lol

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Some of you need to read the definition of "whining" so you can stop misusing the word.

World
    Ares
    Whining = complain in a feeble or petulant way? lol
    How about "want some cheese with that whine?" rofl

ok, ok see you tomorrow!
    Still around from time to time.

Reply to Thread