Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Master of Blocked Potential

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    +1..... what is his purpose? our gens dont defend - the game design is they attack... Last....

World
    Zeus
    If you look at the designs for the units in the expedition. "Attack" units have lower health than the rest. "Blocking" units have HIGH hit points with no rock/paper/scissors bonus counter damage.

So this leads me to believe that the "Master of Defense" was intended for Blocking. Even though BB might have said they don't support blocking. Kind of a contradiction if you ask me since they talk about Blocking as a strategy in the Archive for expedition.

BB needs to change their stance and public announcement to say. They won't be liable for "Failed Blocking attempts", they do allow mechanics for blocking. Or simply "Disclaimer: Block at your own risks".

It's the Almost same thing as saying. "This is an online game and we support this game and created it. BUT you must have an internet connection and we can not be responsible for your connection problems."

Anyways- going back to the Master of Defense. He has a ton of HIGH hit points. And the only purpose here is for him to be a blocker. As he is suppose to 'stall' the camps for the other masters of offense to do their job. If his purpose is to be a blocker, then he needs to attack slowly like a tavern general.

To make him really unit or have a cool/unique skill. He should receive damage first (defend). Basically Soak damage first until he reaches 1HP. All 1 HP generals defend last. All High Health HP generals should defend first.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    @Topicstarter and all others, be happy with your MMA's and majors as being supergenerals, and stop trying to fit a BB invention into block gaming.
    I looked elsewhere and found a niche for the defmaster, where he can save tons of recruits in the long term, ideal for novices and players that care about those simple laddies :P

I've sent him into the bushes on Island of the Pirates and saved me 22R.
    How? Well the topicstarter mentioned something about not being able to 'tank' the defmaster, and RonEmpire above asks for a special abillity for him.

Well he has one, he is the only general sofar in the game that wins a battle if he survives that battle alone. And so he can kill watchdogs, calltrop, wolves, shadowsneakers, deserter-cavalry in reasonable numbers by going into battle against them with just a single recruit standing by his side.
    All other generals leave an empty shell behind in some sort of draw-status if they win but loose all their support troops.

No it is not great and superb, and no it makes life on Taylor adventures not a bit simpler (but hey they where just made more difficult), but it makes him "way" better then a simple Battle Hardened General.

So peepz please stop complaining and first start using the poor old dude before you bury him alive!

Greetings from dutch server.

Added simmed results table:

100% wins vs 100 calltrop
    70,2% wins vs 100 watchdog
    100% wins vs 100 shadowsneakers (ie ROaring Bull)
    100% wins vs 100 wolves (ie nords)
    70,4% wins vs 100 deserter cavalry (ie gunpowder)
    67,8% wins vs 100 hound (garrun)
    Last edited by bertolucci; 03-29-15 at 09:47 am. Reason: i used some non appropriate "poor bas-tard" language in the end

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    I hadn't thought about that. I already picked up my second MMA though, and I doubt I'll be anywhere near the eggs required to pick up this general as well.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    So your saying MoD can be sent alone to attack and DOES survive if he has HP After the battle if solo? See this would be great info if it was available... somewhere..

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by bertolucci View Post
    Greetings from dutch server.

Added simmed results table:

100% wins vs 100 calltrop
    70,2% wins vs 100 watchdog
    100% wins vs 100 shadowsneakers (ie ROaring Bull)
    100% wins vs 100 wolves (ie nords)
    70,4% wins vs 100 deserter cavalry (ie gunpowder)
    67,8% wins vs 100 hound (garrun)

Veel dank!
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    So your saying MoD can be sent alone to attack and DOES survive if he has HP After the battle if solo? See this would be great info if it was available... somewhere..
    Yes but no, you need a minimum of 1 unit to be able to launch an attack, any unit. Nobody is complaining about that anyway. Not sure how of if that got fixed for the other generals, a clean double KO (as in 200 cavalry vs 200 dogs) would result in your Gen dead, even though he wasn't killed, but he also did not start destruction phase but got popped out of the camp defeated. The MoD doesn't do that (as opposed to what I initially wrote in my opening post, though someone on Testserver/forum has mentioned he returns dead if all units are dead...again not sure when and where and if it got fixed for every Gen then),but does go intro destruction phase. Which lasts at least 4 fast rounds (or 2 slow ones) on a normal camp. Then again I still need to verify that, never know when the code doesn't match the numbers.

I looked elsewhere and found a niche for the defmaster, where he can save tons of recruits in the long term, ideal for novices and players that care about those simple laddies :P
    That has already been taken into consideration, however, the sheer cost of this General for his performance is imbalanced beyond reasonable. Yes, it is nice for a noob to save some 22R when he has the chance, skip to a highlvl player and that 22R can be just disregarded, specially if it takes more time than the troops are worth (we can argue this point of course, but it's really pointless to do so).

And of course, you can only obtain those savings if there is a low to medium size stack of low HP and low DMG unit he is up against, such as 100 Caltrops. How many of such camps are there really around? Right from the top off my head I can only remember a trap on IotP, VtV and DP (which can be bypassed).

Although I haven't cracked the numbers but just did some quick simming...

0% wins vs 150 calltrop
    0% wins vs 120 watchdog
    0% wins vs 190 shadowsneakers (ie ROaring Bull)
    0% wins vs 150 wolves (ie nords)
    0% wins vs 120 deserter cavalry (ie gunpowder)
    0% wins vs 120 hound (garrun)

Needless to say, most camps still don't consist of ~100 of low hp/dmg units only, but a mix with high hp/low dmg or low hp/high dmg, which will just break him in round 1-3 .

I also nowhere stated that I'm not happy with the Major or MMA (even saying he's a bit OP for that matter), but the MoD just about can hold grounds with the Tavern and BHG Generals, and already pales against General Log.

So peepz please stop complaining and first start using the poor old dude before you bury him alive!
    While it's true that I have posted initially before getting and using him, numbers don't lie and you can tell his useright before even needing to do so.
    As of right now the adventures I'm running because of the event.... 0 use on Traitors. 0 use on Bandit Nest
    After the event....maybe a use on FTs (still thinking about 5, excluding BLT/HLT as I havn't done them recently). And that just about sums it up already I think.

Awwadul
    for blocks it's better if he gets attacked last. if he's the last one left standing at the end of the fight, it will take him at least another 5 rounds to destroy a normal camp.
    now if only he'd fight slowly like the tavern guys, he'd be an awesome blocker

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    so from what I've seen from this gen, it's best as a "blocking" gen..........and my only question is, why would BB make a "blocking" gen if "blocking " isn't supported??? that's like Greenpeace selling fur coats. ok someone over there isn't communicating at all!!!

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll-Phu View Post
    so from what I've seen from this gen, it's best as a "blocking" gen..........and my only question is, why would BB make a "blocking" gen if "blocking " isn't supported??? that's like Greenpeace selling fur coats. ok someone over there isn't communicating at all!!!
    High HP helps with Blocking.. I am sure BB doesn't intend to support blocking.. Its just it's only natural for them to introduce a General with high HP.
    It's usefulness in eyes of BB is the question? Where did they think it could have been used.

Reply to Thread