Reply to Thread

Thread: Ability to load troops faster and more accurately while attacking camps

Mayor
    World
    Zeus

Lightbulb Ability to load troops faster and more accurately while attacking camps

If BB doesn't want to remove the time it takes for general to travel, at least help us players save some time in other ways..
    And in this case, not just time, but resources lost due to mistakes.. here is the idea -

There are limited number of adventures, requiring troops.
    Can you help us save *Troop Profiles* for various general for various adventures.

For example, for Bandits Nest, once the troops have landed, I should be able to pick a General, lets say MMA1
    and select one of the troop profile I have already created for BN+MMA+C1 to attack camp C1.

Hope it is clear enough what I am talking about.
    If not, I can elaborate more.

PS - It is also very painful to manage those tiny scroll bars to set the right troops.. my hands hurt, and will thank you, if you make loading easier, faster and more accurate by any means.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Uh, not seeing how they would be able to pull this off without some aggrevating clustered addional menu, which I atm wouldn't even know where to put and access it from.

I'd much rather dig those profiles for your home island, which then would load and send Generals specified to the adventure, once there, business as usual. Here I could see the Tavern again (besides making all your Generals be manageable from there without requireing island space for their garrison) having, likely a Profile tab,and you can list them there.

Noble
    World
    Ares
    Yep profile menu allowing loading generals with 1 button click for each adventure. This would have to be done with a programmable loading menu where you program each general load out and save it to the profile.

This would be a fantastic idea very handy and useful. Once you set your generals for each adventure, just open profile menu click on it and all generals would load out as saved.

Got to find some clever intern who would be able to pull this out. Without causing any major lag/bug issues :P

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    +1... and get rid of the sliders too please - i'd rather just enter #'s of troops... sliders are shaky and kludgey...

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    i think just removing (or adding in a field to type value) would improve gens a great deal.

Your idea, idk, sorry but I think following that, the next step they would do if you would have them are 'auto battles' then it comes down to clicking 1 button, having generals pre-loaded, launched, moved, attacking all automatically so u don't have to participate. While its chunky clunky and pretty crap, the interface we have no where we load what we want is pretty much half the total 'interaction' we get in adv.

So change interface by adding value fields next to each troop type I agree with, rest nope.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    I am all in for interacting with the game.. profiles will try to eliminate the error entering same numbers again and again.. after all we do repeat the adventures several times over and over.. I agree that automated attack is an extreme.. not asking for an auto-pilot feature
    What I care about most is the stress current interface puts on my hand...

And as for interaction, another thing which comes to mind is, where is the interaction in just waiting for your generals to land, build camps and walk all over the map for minutes to hours.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by alice007 View Post

For example, for Bandits Nest, once the troops have landed, I should be able to pick a General, lets say MMA1
    and select one of the troop profile I have already created for BN+MMA+C1 to attack camp C1.

Hope it is clear enough what I am talking about.
    If not, I can elaborate more.
    Hhahahaha! Then we should be able to export/import profiles, then give it to other players, cause we aren't lazy enough.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuscus View Post
    Hhahahaha! Then we should be able to export/import profiles, then give it to other players, cause we aren't lazy enough.
    I for sure do not enjoy dragging those tiny scrolls left and right, or when doing it repeatedly makes my mind so numb that I make a mistake and loose troops due to the clunky interface.. So, yes some people may be lazy.. but that's not the reason why I am asking for this feature.

IMHO, it's like saying, don't use guides.. guides are for lazy.. This game is impossible without guides.. and it's painful without good way to load troops.

PS - Heard that unloading is already being made easier.. Hope it is released soon.

Reply to Thread